I have 1 shot...

Ashton

I think you're giving this too much thought and effort, Ash. If she's not interested, she's not interested. FiM is pretty infectious though, I bet you she'll get hooked without your influence, or at least give it a chance eventually. Then you can be like "See? I told you so!"

• Like 1

I am glad that I could give you hope Ashton. caramel consumed more anime than I have and she loves the show too. She did have to watch the infamous Episode 6 of HSTD to write a review for a website and all the eroge made her extremely angry.

HSTD? HighSchool of the Dead? (Probably not, but then again I've not seen it)

That is just it... Most anime is NOT hand drawn anymore, except for a few key frames. The rest is done by COMPUTER. I really wish I could drive that into the minds of anime fans. In any given episode of anime, you might see only 10 hand drawn frames of thousands. It is far too expensive to have hand drawn animation anymore. And for anime, that nearly died in the 90s and was saved by American and Canadian licensing companies, they would not waste money on doing hand drawn animation. It looks like it is hand drawn likely because of the key frames, but in reality it is not.

I'm agreeing with you. I've done CG animation, even as an absolute amateur as I am, I can see the difference in time/$$$ vs hand-drawn (once you build/draw all the assets it's childs-play to pose the models) She just wont believe it, if it's not "SFX" then it's just oddly-computer-like hand-drawn... -_- (if she even notices that much)

I think you're giving this too much thought and effort, Ash. If she's not interested, she's not interested. FiM is pretty infectious though, I bet you she'll get hooked without your influence, or at least give it a chance eventually. Then you can be like "See? I told you so!"

I'm keeping my claws crossed, but I'm not holding my breath. Still, I got all you guys and gals, I can handle having a non-pony friend or two :D

WaitWaitWaitWait.

She says the animation sucks?

It's not bad at all, being flash based really 'makes' the show, video wise, for me.

It just has this charm to it.

Once you watch it and see that's the case, I agree, there is something to be said for simplifying the animation style that gives it a certain "flavor" (such as the removal of all unnecessary outlines, and those which aren't removed are blended in better so they're less obvious) I'd go as far as to say it's more organic than most animation, in fact.

However, I will admit the first time I turned it on my thought was "oh great it's FLASH, this is gonna be junk like I see on youtube and newgrounds" I was expecting to see poorly located joints, jaws that stretched and dissconected form the face, etc - I literally was expecting an almost amateur flash animation. I was dead wrong. Since then I've come to appreciate and enjoy the style too.

I dont think she's given it enough of a chance to get past that first bit. I mean we ALL have seen the low-end of FLASH, and I suspect she didn't wait and see if it fit into that mold or broke from it.

Studio B is really outdoing itself with every episode. Now that we're getting late into Season 2, it's very easy to see how much it's improved -- and it can only get better!

However with Flash anything, a static screenshot will never do it any justice. It's poetry in motion!

• 2 weeks later...