[Canterlot] Once Upon a Reopening

Meow

damselheader.png

It was time, finally time! After months of renovations to the old bookstore Damsel, the new owner, was ready to open the shop back to the public. The cozy little shop had gotten a bit of a face-lift, the outside had been repainted white to match the clean, crisp shops that lined that particular street of Canterlot, the windows had been replaced and a new hoof-painted sign had been hung over the propped open doors. Once Upon a Time was ready to take on customers and so was it's smiling, friendly young owner.

The ivory colored unicorn was ushering out a few carts of items to set up just outside the open doors, the faint pale pink magic surrounding the trio of carts as she pushed them into place. One was stocked with sale items, novels that she was over-stocked on after taking a deep inventory. The other two carts were filled with flowers, some were single stems for sale and the other held some flower arrangements. Once Upon a Time was a multi-product shop now, along with the variety of novels both new and old, she was selling flowers from her own garden and a small selection of baked goods including muffins and cookies.

A deep breath was given of that fresh air, tilting her head to take a quick glance to those clear blue skies before Damsel made her way back into the cozy shop. She'd find a few things to keep herself busy, cleaning up a few loose items and dusting off those multiple rows of books before finding herself outside again to sweep the front walk in front of her open doors.

So the rumours were true. A new bookstore had opened in Canterlot! Inkblot always enjoyed looking at other stores. His love of books was almost never quenched, even with the ownership of his own bookstore. Nevertheless, Inkblot was determined to see this new store. He had only previously heard of it once, and the pegasus figured that now was a good time to see the shop.

He made his way to the shop, and immediately noticed the pure beauty of the place. It was bright with flowers and stocked with books of all sorts. He could even smell...baked goods. This was no ordinary bookstore! Anypony could see that. Ink wondered around for awhile, observing the store and all it had to offer. It was clean, bright, and almost sparkling. It was nothing like his small, dusty adobe of literature. But, he liked this store. He liked the change in scenery. Realizing he was lost in thought, he snapped out of his daze to see an alabaster unicorn.

"Oh...hello! Are you the...owner of this establishment...? Because...it's very beautiful..."

damselheader.png

Damsel's ears perked instantly to the sound of hooves wandering the store, turning from her sweeping she took a quick moment to tuck the broom behind the check out counter before making her rounds through the bookshelves to see if she could help her customer with anything in particular. Upon seeing him she happened to notice how deep in his thoughts he seemed to be so she gave him a moment before clearing her throat with a quiet and gentle 'ahem'.

"Yes, I am! Thank you very much; I only recently completed my renovations. Is there anything I can help you locate?" She beamed her best and more friendly smile to the stallion, taking a moment to toss a bit of that golden mane out of her eyes before returning her attention to him. He looked.. vaguely familiar though she could not quite put her hoof on why. As an avid reader herself it was more than likely she'd crossed paths with him, in one book establishment or another; perhaps even his own.

"Oh goodness, pardon me - The name's Damsel, a pleasure to meet you."

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Damsel. I am Inkblot."

The pegasus momentarily looked away, but turned back, realizing he was being rude.

"I wasn't looking for anything specific...I was more over just coming to see the store in all of it's glory. I had heard of it, but I've never actually...been here. And I'm been to every book store in Canterlot."

Inkblot cleared his throat.

"If I might say as well, this store is quite nice. It's very unique and diverse in nature..."