Art Tablet Help

NuSun

I was in your position about three months ago where I mainly debated between the Wacom Bamboo Create or Intuos4. I strongly recommend the Wacom Intuos4, actually I think Intuos5 just came out but I'm sure if there's a price difference on that. Reason why I chose Intuos is because the bamboo doesn't have the tilt sensing function (tilting the stylus to change the angle of the brush tool), and the Intuos has more variation in pressure sensitivity. Though, since you're using Gimp I don't know if changing the angle of the brush is an option in that software.

As for size of the tablet, that's truly based on your preference whether you're used to drawing small sketches on a regular 8.5 x 11 copy paper or using the whole piece of paper for all of your drawings. I got the Small size and love the drawing space on it since I'm used to drawing in a small sketch pad.

Check your local electronics store too to compare prices between the Bamboo and the Intuos. For me it just so happened that the Bamboo Create was actually the same price as the Intuos4 Small at my local Fry's Electronics store which instantly made my mind up.

Thanks for your help!

I've decided to get a Bamboo Create. The trick is to see how well it will work with GIMP.

This will definitely give my art more of a polished look by smoothing the curves and such.