Name: Noir Moonstep

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: Black

Mane/Tail Color & Style: White quite untidy

Eye Color: Black

Cutie Mark: A crescent moon with a black Fedora sitting on top

Physique: quite unremarkable

Residence: PonyVille

Motivation: Noir got his cutey mark when trying for the first time to make a film in black & white wearing his trademark Fedora. Noir dreams of opening his own theater in Canterlot (stage and screen) working towards that by being a freelance actor for any show he can find and working as a freelance photographer.

Likes: Film, theater, dressing up and his trademark fedora

Dislikes: arrogance & pineapples

Character Summary: Noir is a sensitive Pony originating from Fillydelphia. Noir's parents where both librarians whom did not think much of him aspirations to become an actor and film maker, seeing that going on the wayward would be his only chance of making his dreams come true Noir left fillydelpia and traveled working as an actor for roaming musicals and traveling shows till he arrived at Ponysville a stop where he hops to perfect some more skills before he heads to Canterlot where he hopes to make his dreams come true. Noir dreams of the day where his parents can accept his choices in life but until then he will work hard.

Noir loves to roleplay and can can be found constantly changing his voice and mannerisms in a single conversation, he is erratic when not on the job but once he is he is focused and determined. Going out for meals is one Noir few bliss's in life and he hopes to have friends to share his many stories of his time on the road.

i4izya.jpg

I really think your character would dream of performing in Canterlot. They would have lots of stage shows, might be something to add in! :)

Looks pretty good, I can't seem them doing to much with their dream in Ponyville though.

I love the pic for this character! For some reason, it screams 'Private Detective' to me, like the old Sam Spade type of B&W Private Eye type characters. I also don't really see him doing much in Ponyville directly, but maybe as a travelling player or even perhaps situated in Trottingham? I know we haven't really established a 'Great Opera House' or anything like that, but there's -bound- to be one in Equestria, if not in Canterlot!

I love the pic for this character! For some reason, it screams 'Private Detective' to me, like the old Sam Spade type of B&W Private Eye type characters. I also don't really see him doing much in Ponyville directly, but maybe as a travelling player or even perhaps situated in Trottingham? I know we haven't really established a 'Great Opera House' or anything like that, but there's -bound- to be one in Equestria, if not in Canterlot!

Well, considering the American genre of "noir" (as opposed to the French genre) centered around the private eye of the 20's and 30's (think Humphery Bogart in The Maltese Falcon), it makes sense. :)

Noir was directly inspired by the Noir Genre and i thought making a traveling character would be a good way for him 2 fill in any role i gave him. id would love for him 2 be a detective but music and theater just cried for me this time but i dont know why i would ever oppose him him doing some detective work if it ever came up because im trying 2 have the impression hes kinda done a little of everything on his travels.

also Ponysville is kinda a nice pitstop for Noir i thought it would be an easy start for his role-play

Noir is dream-bound his journey wills take him everywhere even trottingham.

Noir was directly inspired by the Noir Genre and i thought making a traveling character would be a good way for him 2 fill in any role i gave him. id would love for him 2 be a detective but music and theater just cried for me this time but i dont know why i would ever oppose him him doing some detective work if it ever came up because im trying 2 have the impression hes kinda done a little of everything on his travels.

also Ponysville is kinda a nice pitstop for Noir i thought it would be an easy start for his role-play

Sure thing! I wouldn't want to tell you that you can't, or that you can't be in Ponyville, I just felt he might have better luck elsewhere, but we'll have to see where he goes. It's going to be interesting to see what you do with this character. You can always keep the private-eye angle as a backup in case the theater doesn't work out, so there's definitely some options and room for growth. Other than that, I think he looks alright. :)

I was just thinking that traveling makes him so much more wordly- and a little bit of that mysterious air. Plenty of opportunity for him to film a variety of cities and action in Equestria. When I think of it this way though- Ponyville might almost seem backwater to him; a good place to rest, but almost too peaceful for film making. Hmmm, I wonder what he will find in Ponyville that might help him as he works towards his dreams of Canterlot.