A Colt's War [OPEN]

LegoCOBrony19

Gluttony watched with curiosity as the green pony, who had identified himself as Lucky Chance, attempted to swallow the mess of a soup that she'd been trying to fix. "It's ok," She said sadly, "You don't have to be all polite, i noticed your reaction as soon as it touched your lips..." She turned away, small tears beginning to crawl their way down her cheeks, dampening the fur there. "Ironic really, here i am, the sin of good food and over eating, and i can't cook to save my life...I'm...I'm..." She suddenly ran towards Luck Chance and buried her head into his shoulder, her sobs muffled but increased in intensity...

Greed sat down in the proffered chair before taking out his notepad and pencil and arranging it, with almost OCD like precision, on Haybrun's desk. "Yes i did, thank you for taking the time to see me." A slight glow eminated from the eye sockets of Greed's skull and the pencil slowly rose from the desk, "Long story short, i want to know about YOU, i want to know about your history in the armed forces, indeed i want to know about the history of the armed forces themselves...it seems odd to me that a land so devoted to love and tolerance would have an army to begin with...don't you?" If Greed could smile, he'd by delivering a knowing smirk right now. "Something isn't right here, and as your...advisor...i'd like to know." The pencil made contact with the notepad, the anticipation of knowledge, making it slightly shake. Greed looked away for a breif second before adding, "And just so you don't think i'm being unfair to you, you may ask as may questions of me as you like, after you've answered mine of course..."...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowie returned to the knoll, looking to at least make a formal apology and possibly prove to the General that what he said was the truth, when he overheard the conversation going on inside the tent. He sat down and waited patiently for their meeting to end. He wanted to speak to Greed about the book he had given him, as it was the only copy he had. "This is interesting, the advisor interviewing the General instead of it being the other way around...", Bowie said to himself as he chuckled quietly. His sword at the ready, he began to practice his swordplay against a tree while he waited. He moved gracefully, like a dancer, feinting in and out, delivering crushing blows against the bark of the tree, scoring it deeply.

Haybrun was suprised by this, an advisor; no scratch that, a foriegn vistior made advisor wanted to know about our military history, mainly about him. But is statement about the country to have an army gave him possibilities.

"Mr. Greed, What I may tell you does not leave this tent. If any of this leaks out, heads will role; yours included Mr. Bowie." Haybrun shouted to the moving shadow outside the tent near the tree. The shadow stopped what he was doing and entered the tent as well.

"Sorry sir. I was just-" His sword swung into the tent pole and was stuck on impact.

"It's quite alright. Now you were saying..." Greed turned back to Haybrun.

"As you know, the Royal Guard is responsible for the protection of the Royal Family, but they can't be everywhere else protecting the country from foriegn inveders and itself. So they have officers such as myself lead these newly established corps all around the country, ever since the Second Crusades against the Dogs. As for our military history, I can't provide much for you unfortunately. The Ministry, for some reason, is suspending any foriegn visitors from accessing the archives for security measures." Haybrun put it abruptly, to Greed's disappointment.

Lucky chuckled nervously at the mares outburst, for the amount of talk he did, he did not have experience with mare's. ones that represent the sins they teach you to avoid at that.

"Hey now Don't be like that even great chefs and .... sins need to trot before they can gallop." he said patting her head "Now how about i help you cook something the GI's will love ok."he said with a wink as he levitated his lucky fedora on to the mares head. she sniffled and tried to smile as he took his helmet off and tied his hair back to keep it outta the food. "alright lets get started" he said as he levitated a stick of dinamite out of the kitchen, better this way, the cooks not known for his patience and it will keep the kitchen from burning down.

"Now lets try a little less explosives and some more spice ok?"

"Hrumm..." sighed Greed, stopping the scralling of the pencil and retracting both the notepad and partner back inside his skull. "How...unfortunate..." There was perhaps a slight hint of anger in Greed's voice, but he hid it well. Greed stared at haybrun for just long enough to begin to creep him out, when without warning Greed, sat back and remained motion and even soundless for a full minute. When the minute was through greed sat back up and opened his mouth to speak, "Very well General, i am a fair pony, you answered my question to the...best...of your ability, so you may ask questions of me, though i warn you, this may be your only chance, fates being what they are."...

Gluttony sniffed, her tears drying, "Ok..." she replied, and fetched all the spices she knew about from the kitchen stores, "How about these?" The young unicorn smiled, "They'll be fine." He said, Gluttony smiled back, feeling a sense of inner warmth that she'd never felt before, "But i do like explosions..." She added nervously, the unicorn laughed...

"i like Explosions as much as the next pony but i tend to make it a rule to keep them outta the kitchen tends to be less to clean up after" he levitated the spices in front of him, "Alright some mild spices will make it edible and some tangy spices will make it memorable. he added some crushed mint to lessen the sting and some basil and cilantro to give it some zing " cooking is half percentages and knowing how much to add. heck everything in life has some percentages and probability like there is 75% chance that the cook will burst in saying Gi's should stay outta his kitchen" as if on cue the cook burst in ranting how the GI's need to stay out of his kitchen apparently this was not Lucky's first time annoying the chef "Thanks for proving my point chef." he tasted it thinking it needs something fresh...

"Ahh i know." he stated to himself "i need to go get something from my tent real quick ok?" he levitated some spices in a bowl "can you crush these for me and put them in while im gone?" she nodded as he smiled and left hopeing the tent will still be there when he got back.

"Very well General, i am a fair pony, you answered my question to the...best...of your ability, so you may ask questions of me, though i warn you, this may be your only chance, fates being what they are."...

This was finally Haybrun's chance to get something out of him. "Believe me Mr. Greed, I've change fates of thousands within a day during the Griffon Wars, those of my men and of the enemy. Now I only have one question, and this time I was the truth, none of this 'observation' crap. Why are you and your friends here, especially when Equestria is on high alert?"

Bowie pulled his sword out of the tent pole with little difficulty as he sheathed the blade again. "I understand, General Haybrun. This will not leave this tent.", he said with his turquoise eyes narrowed in slight contempt of the General after his insult to his honor and integrity. Bowie had gone through Tartarus and back on his lengthy campaign against Zeon. It was called the War of Sealing for a reason. "I didn't take too kindly to what you said about me. But I can understand why you said it, having no knowledge of what I had to go through to secure the victory and safety of my planet. Greed has the book about it as I gave it to him but Greed, please take care of it as it is the only copy on this plane and I can't get more of it as I arrived here by accident. It was a teleporter mishap on my homeworld that dumped me here in the Everfree Forest.", Bowie explained to the General.

Greed studied Haybrun closely, absorbing the question and taking the time to formulate a proper answer. "General, i need you to hear me out before jumping in with the first thing that comes to mind," Haybrun nodded, Greed turned to Bowie, "That stands for you as well Sir Bowie," Bowie nodded as well. Greed took out his notepad and placed it cover down on the General's desk, he muttered a few words in an unknown script and the pages began to turn. Slowly the top of the desk turned transparent and an image began to form, and then, to move. "Gentlemen if you'd please gaze at the...wonder...of my homeland!" The image was now fully visble and each pony could make out the detail in extraordinary clarity. The land was black and cracked, the sky a mixture of purples, blacks and reds, the trees and other plant life was twisted and warped, appearing to ensnare and battle each other in a slow motion test of endurance, and from the heavens a light rain fell, though this rain brought no life, only desolation and despair. "This is where we Sins originate, the land of Altestria. It wasn't always like this, no this land used to resemble Equestria quite well, apart from the lack of pegusus and unicorns, only the Earth ponies could live here, though they too have evolved beyond your bondaries." As if to amplify his point the image shifted to a scene showing a small town not unlike Ponyville. "This is Pony Vile, this is our hometown." The images changed again to a tall castle like structure embeded in the crater of a volcano. "And this is the birthplace of Sheol..." The image suddenly froze, and the light from the table faded. "Unfortunately," Said greed, "That is all the information we have on Sheol's abode, but we do know how he came into being. All ponies have both negative and positive feelings, though in Equestria it is the positive that is multiplied, the opposite is true in Altestria, negative emotion is brought forth much easier than positive emotion, and is was here in Mount Psynei that the emotions pooled. It took centuries, millenia maybe, but eventually the fountain of negative feeling grew strong enough to have conciousness, and Sheol burst into life, erupting the volcano and drenching the land with his dark presence. We Sins are fragments of Sheol that were catapulted from the initial site and we represent the seven aspects of his personality, the seven negative emotions, the seven...sins..." Greed paused and looked away, before taking a deep breath and continuing on with his story, "We are here now because we need to fight and destroy Sheol, we ried once before when we realised that negative emotion is not all we are and all we will ever be, but that quest ended in failure and we were abished here, Sheol though that we would be destroyed by the positive energies that permeate this land, but our unwillingness to become what he represents saved use." Greed sighed, "We need an army, to help us rid Altestria of this blight, and to stop Sheol before all of Altestria is under his sway and he becomes powerful enough to break the dimensional gates and travel to other realms...even yours...now do you understand?"

Gluttony took the spices that Lucky offered and slowly began to crush them in the pestle and mortar, "Ok Glut, don't mess this up, slowly, carefully, and with as few volatile ingredients as you can muster..." Her thoughts drifted back to the green unicorn, his hat sat gently on her head, she blushed, "No, this isn't the time...concentrate on the spices!!!" She shouted, then sighed, this wasn't meant to be part their mission here in Equestria, Gluttony hoped that her feelings wouldn't interrupt the goal, and that Lucky was strong enough of heart to deal with the reality of the situation when it was revealed...

Bowie looked at the moving images in silence and listened to Greed's tale. At the mention of and description of Sheol, his eyes widened in understanding as he realized the gravity of Greed's situation. "That is an interesting, yet depressing story, Greed. I will be glad to aid you in any way I can.", he replied. He stood there for a moment longer as he ran his hoof through his mane, trying to wrap his head around Greed's origins but understood enough about evil beings from his participation in the War of Sealing.

"Quite a story Greed. Look, I'll see what I can do to get you access to the archives, along with anything you may need in the future. But first, I have to see these recruits off to Fort Orchard. It may take about three months or so before they're ready for battle." Haybrun explained the situation, dispite the blunt lie about access to the archives. Not even Lancer had that kind of authorization, and he doubts Greed the military advisor could get in. But what about Greed the spy...

"What follows gentlecolts never occured. I know a secret passage that goes right underneath the archives, without having to get clearence. The architect of the Ministry was a friend of mine and he so happened to give me a spare blueprint of the building." Before he could even get the blueprints, he wanted his desk back to normal. "Could I have my desk back?"

"well that defenitly ain't legal." Lucky said to Lancer and co. Scaring the horse apples outta them they turned around to see the green unicorn with 2 saddlebags filled to brimming with vegetables. he saw the strange caped pony unsheathe his sword causing Lucky to chuckle "you can put away the toothpick i'm on your side"

Greed rearranged Haybrun's desk, taking special care to get the pencils as straight as possible. "Now about blueprints?" Greed asked, slightly excited to view something as interesting as building blueprints, after all perhaps he'd get chance to copy them to his notepad? "Please do lead the way General..."

Gluttony finished crushing the spices and carefully added them to the simmering pot, the contents of which actually smelt good, something that made Gluttony produce a slight smile, she was worried though, "Lucky sure has been gone for quite a while, maybe i should go look for him?" Leaving the soup to cook she left the kitchen tent and rounded a few dark corners before coming face to face with a stand off between Lucky and a few stallions she didn't know, "Lucky..what's...what's going on?"...

"Mr. Bowie, stay your sword." Haybrun lifted his hoof, hoping to prevent another fire in the camp. Something hit his mind suddenly. He had forgotten about the recruits slowly returning from their run.

"Do forgive me Greed, but I have to continue my military duties first. The blueprints will have to wait." He turned to Greed.

Greed was disappointed in having to wait, but he was also anxious to meet with Lust, Envy and Sloth after their hike, and hearing what they had to report about the ponies recruited into this army branch. Before he could follow Haybrun though, he felt like speaking to this green unicorn who had appeared at the tent door, and perhaps overheard their conversation. he was also interested to ask Gluttony about her position, and findings...

Greed signaled for Lucky and Gluttony to sit down, Lucky set down his bag of fresh vegetables and sat down he started to speak before Greed had a chance to

"no matter what happens you have my help." Lucky said simply then his eyes hardened "Reason being is your goal is similar to my morals, your taking a stand against a powerful jerk who thinks he is untouchable just because of his power, and i don't like people like that." he then stood up while continuing to speak "so if you need any of my skills legal or otherwise don't hesitate, i won't betray you." he picked up his saddlebags again and headed for the entrance suddenly he turned around "Oh and dinners in a hour hope to see you guys there,and don't worry gluttony i will finish the soup." and with that he left going towards the kitchen to finish cooking dinner hopeing the cook had not ruined it by armyizing it.

Greed sniffed, "Well that was easier than anticipated..." He turned to gluttony, do you have anything to tell me? She shook her head, "Well then, i'll see you at dinner..." Greed said, disappearing through the tent flap leaving Gluttony and Bowie left in the tent...

Later that evening, the only ponies left in the entire camp was Haybrun, Greed and his colleges, Bowie and Lucky. The rest had left for Fort Orchard that afternoon. The dinner looked incredable and the soup smelled devine.

"My compliments to the cooks for such a fine meal." Haybrun raised a glass to Gluttony and Lucky. The rest raised theirs as well.

"Now, about those blueprints?" Greed inquired, a touch of annoyance in his speech.

"Oh yes, of course." Haybrun pulled out a large folded map from this satchel where is pipe was stashed and laid it on the table. He unfolded the map, reveailing every last detail of the Ministry from top to bottom. "The archives will be on the fourth floor, but will be heavily guarded by the Ministry's best soldiers and keen sharpshooters on the roof. I trust you'll have a plan on getting in without being detected?"

Lucky had thanked general Heybrun for allowing him to stay with them while the other soldiers were off training. now he was listening to a discussion on breaking into the ministry being a gambler and small time criminal himself he decided to weigh in on what he thought

"with my experience in the army there should be a changing of the guard around midnight that is when we would be most likely to sneak in, but sneaking out will be the fun part."

After everyone had finished eating the, surprisingly good, meal...Greed was still studying the map, "Well, i'll put this over to my friend and planner, Sloth...what do you make of this?" Sloth, who was asleep, woke up suddenly, took a glance at the map, and spoke, "I agree with Lucky...changing of guard...sneak in...give me evening...will create plan for escape...zzzzzzzz" Sloth slumped back down on the desk, snoring quietly. Greed chuckled, "Do not worry about his apparent dozy nature, he'll be formulating a plan even as we speak." The other ponies didn't seem too confident, but they said nothing. "Now until Sloth is ready to brief us in the morning i suggest that we go back to our tents and get some sleep. And just so you know if we pool our resources and work together, if you'll excuse the cliche nature of this, we're certain to succeed!"...