Friends New and Old (Phil the Time Wizard and ShadowStorm88)

Dazzle listened closely as she followed Valoren as quick as she could. She nodded.

"That sounds like a good plan," she said readily as they came into an empty car. "What do you want me to do?" she asked, ready to help out anyway she could.

All the while, in the back of her mind, she kept wondering who these ponies were and how they were connected to Arcana.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Right! I'm on it!" Dazzle nodded eagerly, before darting toward the front of the train. She found the engine of the train, and burst in. A stallion in a train conductor's hat was sitting there in the cab. He seemed taken aback at the sudden arrival of the young mare.

"Yes, ma'am? Is there something I can help you with?" the stallion said, looking concerned and suspicious.

"Yes!" Dazzle started boldly. "Some strange ponies broke into the train and attacked me and my friend Valoren!" she explained.

"What's this?!" the engineer's eyes went wide as he heard the news.

"Valoren said he's going to disconnect the back cars to get rid of them! He wanted me to tell you to inform the other passengers to move to the front!" Dazzle conveyed her important message.

"Of course!" the conductor started with a firm nod. He then turned on the train's communication to relay the message. "Attention passengers, due to reasons beyond our control, we're going to be forced to lose our back cars. Everypony in the back of the train, please move up immediately! Thank you!"

"Great! Thank you so much!" Dazzle said with a nod.

She then began to run back to catch up with Valoren. She made it through a number of cars, and was almost to the one where she had left Dazzle That's when, suddenly, a stallion in black jumped in from the windows to block her path. He was wearing the mask and goggles from earlier.

"You think you can just get away from us?" he started, moving toward her.

Dazzle gave a shriek as she was cornered. "What do you want?"

"We heard what you said to that other pony! Your friends with her! Your friends with that pony who thinks she can just get away with stealing what she stole from us!" the stallion started.

"Arcana? Where is she? Do you guys know something?" Dazzle questioned, desperate to know.

"I've already said more than I should..." the masked pony shouted. "We'll be taking you with us!"

Dazzle shrieked again, not sure what to do. She decided to use her magic, sending a few sparks of light firing at the pony, but he glanced them off like they were nothing and kept moving forward. Dazzle was positive she was caught. She didn't see a way out.

"Valoren!" she called out, hoping her new friend would somehow hear her.

"Ooof, aggh, GACK" Val shouted as he was hoofed, and punched across his jaw harshly by the mysterious attackers. Grunting to shake off the effects of the attack, he looked up slowly in time to see another hoof. Ducking his head, he smiled in safifaction as his friend beihnd him was hurt. Feeling himself released, Val jumped in the air as he started to adopt to his self taught fighitng. As he was punched further and further down the car, he froze as he heard something call out his name in distress. A feeling dread entered him as he shook his head in shock, horrififed at what he heard..the sound of his friend in need. "IM COMING DAZZLE" he shouted, as he glared at hte ponies before him. "OUTTA MY WAY" he declared angrily, as he bended down and shot forward with his wings at full speed. Charging past the attackers, he caught sight of Dazzle being attacked by the one who seemed to be leading the group. Ramming into his back, he sent the pony colliding against the window. Kneeling next to Dazzle, he offered a hoof in concern. "Are you alright" he asked gently.

"Yes, I'm fine now. Thanks for coming to save me," Dazzle said, smiling to Valoren. She looked toward the pony in black. He had hit his head when Valoren had thrown him back, and seemed to have been knocked unconscious. She wondered what they should do about him as she stared ahead.

She gasped, remembering he wasn't alone. Valoren needed to go back to what he had been doing before, or a whole bunch more of these ponies would be here very soon.

"You should disconnect the train now before more of them show up!" she started, looking at Dazzle. "I don't think this one is going to wake up just yet, so I'll be fine."

Feeling a light blush etch up his cheeks at her smile, Val snapped out of it as he rememberd the plan. "Ahh, right" he studdered, wondering what that was all about. Turning away, he charged towards the back of the train; watching as other ponies rushed by him in a panic to get to the front. "Please, hurry!! We dont know how many there are" Val insisted to the panicky ponies. Grunting as he was pushed and shoved aside; his eyes widdened at the sight of the approaching myseterious ponies. Getting to the edge of the train, he leaned down and started to disconnect the train cars. "Come on, come" Val grunted as the stubborn screw was refusing to budge and therefore having a hard time disconnect. Looking up, he gasped as he refocused his efforts as he didnt want anything to go wrong!! "OOF" Val oofed as he yanked it free, falling onto his back as the cars behind him started to pull away.

While Valoren left to disconnect the train cars, Dazzle moved toward the unconscious assailant. Retrieving some rope from her bags, she used her magic to tie up the masked stallion. She wasn't sure when he would wake up, but she wanted to make sure that when he did, he wouldn't be going anywhere.

That done, she began to notice ponies run past from the back cars and some heavy sounds in the distance. A little concerned, she went to go see if Valoren had been successful. She rushed toward the back of the train to see him lying on his back, though the back train cars had been successfully severed from the rest of the train.

"Are you alright, Valoren?" she asked, hoping he hadn't strained himself. "Looks like you managed to do it. Hopefully this will stop them."

Looking up, Val offered her a cocky grin as he remarked "Heh heh, I managed to do it. Yeah, hopefully they wont come back for awhile". Sitting up, he stared out at where the train had gone, wind flying by as he mused "But what I want to know is who were those ponies, and why were they after you"? Looking at Dazzle with concern, he asked "Did your frined make any serious enemies that would want to hurt her"? He was abit more curious about her friend, since thye were trying to get to her through Dazzle. Val would never let that happen!!

Dazzle looked down. She nodded.

"Arcana... well... she makes enemies easily," she gave a sigh. "Those ponies who attacked us, they're wrong for attacking us. They were subversive and mean and put innocent ponies at risk. Knowing Arcana though, it's very likely she's the one who did the first wrong by them."

"You see, she'll often do whatever she needs to to get what she wants, even if she has to do something bad," Dazzle gave a low nod. "That masked pony said Arcana stole something from them. I would suspect it's probably all true."

Valoren stared at the pony, as he nodded "Hmm, I see". Turning away, he remared "Then were gonna have to be extra careful on this trip if we want things to go well". If her friend had indeed made many frineds in her travels, then that would make this joureny extremtly unpredicable and even more dangerous then intended. Turning around to face Dazzle, he shot her a victorious smirk "But hay!! Why should we worry huh? I mean, things are gonna work out fine for us I bet; so why worry"? He attmepthed to help keep them optomistic, as he went and sat down. Sighing, he locked eyes with Dazzle for a moment and felt..his cheeks go red? "Huh, thats weird" he thought oddly.

"You're right, Valoren!" Dazzle started, encouraged. She smiled brightly. "I'm sure that the two of us can overcome whatever gets thrown at us. I mean, we figured out how to get rid of those ponies in black just now! We shouldn't worry too much, even if Arcana's enemies might be after us."

Dazzle's eyes widened as she recalled that she had tied up that pony from earlier. That's right! He might be awake by now. She should try and ask him what he knew. "We should check up on that pony who attacked me," Dazzle said, with a nod.

That said, she ran back into the train. She gasped when she got to where she had left the assailant. He was gone, leaving only Dazzle's rope, which had cut behind. A window nearby was open. She supposed they'd be running into him and the other masked ponies again in time...

Running back, Val grumbled "He got away" Kicking at the ground, he galloped towards the back of the train as he looked down at where the car had been, now staring at the constnatly passing tracks. "Huh, one could actually get distracted staring at that for too long" Val admitted aloud. Beratting himself, Val turned back towards DAzzle as he gave her a helpless shrug. "Im sorry, it looks like they got away". Staring down the car, he smiled in relief to see the other passengers were okay. "Well, at least no one really got hurt; thats what matters". Leading the way back to thiere booth, Val ploped onto the bed in exhaustion, the days events having worn him out. "The conduters says we should have a smooth rest of the ride there, so all we can do is rest unless there is something you wish to talk about" Val asked curiously.

Dazzle smiled and nodded. "You're right," she said. "We should just be happy that nothing bad happened to anypony."

"And I guess we should try and rest until we reach Stalliongrad. We'll have plenty of time to talk once our adventure truly begins!" Dazzle suggested brightly, continuing to smile.

The black masked ponies and their connections to Arcana remained on her mind. She was starting to worry a little. This might be even more dangerous than she had thought. She just hoped everypony would turn out okay.

Val nodded in agreement, glad that things were now better.Hopefully by the time that they got to Stalliongrad, they would be able to locate Arcana. The problem that he was worriede about was the possibilites of Arcana already capturead and in the hooves of these maksed ponies. That would make this into a rescue mission, and the two of them would really have to hoof it in order to help. GLaring, he remarked "We're gonna find her, and figure out what is going on". Yawning, the pony slowly started to close his eyes in response as he grunted "Mmmmm".

"Yeah, I'm sure we will," Dazzle replied through a yawn, feeling quite tired herself.

She was a little unsure about the adventure ahead of them, but for different reasons than her companion. She worried not about the masked ponies capturing Arcana but much the opposite, about what Arcana had taken from them and what she might do with it. Arcana always did get into the worst sort of trouble. She only hopes Arcana didn't do anything really bad or get herself hurt.

Those thoughts swimming in her head, Dazzle slowly drifted back into a gentle sleep.

Blinking groggily, Val shook his head slowly as he wondered what had happened. Groaning at the light entering his eyes, Val sat up as he realized that it was morning. Looking around as he tried to grasp where he was; he suddenly remmebred. The events of last night played into his head, as he remembered how Dazzle had almost been kidnapped. SHaking his head in anger, he thought "I wont let my friends be captured, you hear me?! Nevaawaaaahh"!! Val didnt realized that his legs were wobbly at the moment, as he fell forward and landed face first out of bed; groaning and moaning in pain. "Owwww, my mouth" Val grunted, as he sat up; his messy mane now messier.

Dazzle heard some rummaging about nearby and awoke slowly, finding Valoren awake and looking a bit of a mess. She smiled at him and giggled.

"Are you okay, Valoren?" she asked, realizing he had cried out. "You're not hurt are you?" she asked as she examined him closely.

She sighed. That's what she feared more than anything. She didn't want anypony to get terribly hurt. Not Valoren, not Arcana, not even any of the masked ponies as much as they could avoid it. The less pain involved in all of this, the better. Pain, violence, they were sad things. They had to try and avoid them at all cost. Dazzle especially dreaded seeing Valoren get hurt. If she did, it would be entirely her fault. He was only here because she had asked him to come after all.

Lifting his head up, Val let out a crazy laugh as he chuckled "Heh heh, No mama I didnt put worms in the teachers soup". Slapping himself, he shook his head as he got up rubbing the back of his skull. "Im alright, just abit dazzed" he admitted as he smiled weakly at Dazzle. "I had a really weird dream the other night that all of those maksed ponies were attacking me. They took off there mask and..turned out to be dragons. Before they could start ripping me apart however, one of them spoke in a really uptihght voice and then offered me tea to which I accepted.." Smiling weakly, he commented "Sounds like a really weird dream doesnt it"? He hadnt had such a silly dream in a long time, so it was good for him.

Dazzle couldn't help but giggled at Valoren's dazed, delirious outburst. She took the dream more serious though.

"Dreams are magic, I think.. They have a deeper sort of meaning," Dazzle said in a low voice. "Your dream sounds kind of scary. Perhaps the dragons represent uncertainty, or even a lingering fear. But the fact that you work past that fear and have tea with them, that's... that's hope I think. Optimism. Willingness to sort things out and get along with others, instead of always fighting."

Dazzle smiled and gave another giggle. "I like your dream. I think it's a good sign of things to come."

"Are you sure about all that? My dream coulda just been nonsense" Val chuckled in response as he rubbed his head. Val usually didnt dwell on dream stuff, since he found it easier for him to focus on the here nad now and not what was, or is in the past. It was how he copped, or delt with things really.

Hearing a loud whilste from outside, he nodded "I think we've arrived". Getting up, he dusted himself off as he headed out of the cart. Wondering to himself what exactly they were gonna find, Val thought to himself "We're gonna need some sorta sign where we're going next. Perhaps we could hit up the local tavern, the bar keep might have heard if her friend has passed through".

Dazzle giggled. "Maybe so. But I like to think even silly dreams have some kind of meaning," she said.

"Unfortunately, I can almost never remember my own dreams," she added, giving a little pout.

She giggled cheerfully afterward as she noticed the train come to a stop. They had finally reached Stalliongrad.

"Now we need to find somepony who knows where Arcana went. Or maybe somepony who knows about those ponies in black?" Dazzle started with some thought. "Chances are they're both ultimately after the same thing...."

"We head to the tavern of stalliongrad" Val suggested as he smiled at her questioning. "I suppose its good to question dreams at times, since they can have meaning. Heh heh, Its been a long time since I had a silly dream; so its good to act silly" Val admitted to Dazzle, as he crossed his eyes and stuck his tounge out playfully. Chuckling at his own antics, he smiled "Heh heh, anyway like I was saying; we need to find out more about these ponies in black". As they stepped off the train, Val looked around in admiration at the buildings. "Looks like a nice place" Val nodded.

"Yeah!" Dazzle replied with a cheer and a bright smile as she admired the unique architecture and the glisten of the freshly fallen snow that decorated it all. "I've read a lot about this city, but I've never been here before. It's really pretty!"

She shook her head, realizing this wasn't the time to spaceout. "But you're right. A tavern is a good place to start. Hopefully we can find somepony who knows something about those guys"

Nodding, Val agreed "Yup, this city gets more beautiful every time I pass..oof". His thoughts were interupted as somepony charged right past Val, bumping harhsly into him. Turning to face the pony, he caught a glimpse a black fedore wearing earthpony who locked eyes with Val, before vanishing just as fast as he appeared into the crowd. "What was that about" Val mused.

Dazzle backed up as a pony suddenly collided with Valoren. She noticed a black hat upon the pony's head and thought for a second it might be Arcana, but no, it was an earth pony stallion she didn't recognize and not even the hat was the same. She sighed and shook her head.

"Well that was rude of him?" Dazzle said with a huff. "He didn't even apologize or say a word to you."

"Though maybe he was in a hurry?" Dazzle said, giving a small sight.