The Nerd and the Nurse [Closed]

HighRoller

HeartBeat blushed as she was confronted by this stallion. She stepped back a bit to get some room from the stallion and then looked over to HighRoller with a worried expression on her face. The store was beautiful as she had thought it would be and she knew that HighRoller had worked very hard to get it to be this way. She sighed with relief as the pony known as Rook left the store.

"Was that very needed?" She asked very sarcastically she knew that HighRoller liked to flaunt her around to everypony that would stop and listen to him. She didn't actually mind it that much but when it came down to it, it took a lot of her energy to keep up her smile and nice personality even when she was 'relaxing' she had to be as marelike as she could to keep up her reputation.

"The store is very beautyful HighRoller, you must love it very much for what it has become." She smiled and nuzzled his cheek a bit and then moved her bags into the store and sat them on the floor using her magic. "So where are we going to stay while we are here?" She looked around trying to find where in this place could a house be hidden.

Roller laughed nervously as Rook trotted away. "Um...was what necessary? I'm confused." He sighed. "Don't mind Rook, hon. He didn't mean anything by it. He's just really outgoing." He hadn't been trying to "show her off" to anyone.

"I'm glad you like the store. I'm going to be spending an hour or two here, then closing up shop, and then we'll walk to my place. It's only about a block away." He smiled at her and walked over to the ponies playing games at a nearby table. "Hey, guys...glad to see you're having a great time." He swished his tail and looked over one of the pony's shoulders. "Oooh, bad move..." Roller muttered.

"Wh-what? How?" said the pony whose shoulder he was looking over, with a confused expression.

"Well, you should have waited until his turn to activate that. The effect only lasts until the end of the current player's turn."

The younger, slightly tubby pony sighed. "You're right. Oh well." Roller trotted back over to Heart and nuzzled her nose.

"Take a look around, if you want...or you can chill at a table or something with me while I do a little painting."

HeartBeat trotted around in a circle and then dragged her bags off into a corner where she sat down at one of the open tables and opened one of her suitcases on the table. Opening said suitcase revealed what seemed to be a table with a very fancy cloth on it, a candle that was already lit, a glass of Lemon water that was still chilled, and a plate with a perfect piece of Chocolate Mint Cake and a fork. She looked around to make sure nopony was watching her and then she began to dine on her secret treat. She very elegantly used her magic to pick up the fork and began to eat the cake slowly, sipping her water after each bite she was trying to be as marelike as she could in this city of elegance and high class. She looked over to HighRoller who seemed to be enjoying himself while watching the kids play their card games or what have you. She smiled and blushed a bit with the thoughts running through her head at the moment, but all she knew right now was that today couldn't go wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Roller watched his fillyfriend open her...suitcase of wonders, apparently. He decided not to ask how such a thing was possible. He supposed he'd heard of and even seen much stranger things.

The young stallion trotted over to her and nosed her cheek, saying nothing. He only smiled at her. He then trotted back over to the card players to see how their game progressed.

"Just to warn you, I'm closing up shop a little early today. You guys have 20 minutes. If you want to make any purchases, do so now, because I'm about to close the register."

As soon as he'd made sure neither pony was going to purchase anything, he trotted back over to Heart's seat and sat down beside her, nuzzling her muzzle.

"Enjoying your vacation so far, sweety?"

HeartBeat returned the gentle nuzzle to HighRoller with a slight blush on her face.

"Don't let the kids see you being sweet on a filly now." HeartBeat said with a giggle a bit of cake on her lips still as she missed her mouth from when HighRoller interrupted her cake eating. She grabbed her napkin and cleaned her face as gracefully as it could happen and then took a sip of lemon water. "You don't need to close the store early, its not like I'm going anywhere." She said attempting to not giggle but failing miserably. "Just take your time, we still have all afternoon to do things." She said with a hoof bob and then she returned her focus to the more important thing at hand: Uneaten cake. Using her magic she gracefully used the fork to cut a piece of the cake and move it into her mouth and then gently rest the fork down on the plate so as to not make a mess. She then brought the cup of lemon water to her and after swallowing the cake she drank more of her beloved lemon water to wash the crumbs down. It was a tedious process but somepony had to do it.