Slow day in the Shop (CrossStitch, Knight)

CrossStitch

It was a slow day at 'The Perfect Fit,' the store owned and ran by CrossStitch. Dresses, shirts, jackets, and all kinds of clothing decorated the mannequins around his shop, but no customers were there to buy them. He should have guessed that eventually he would have a slow day, and today was the very definition of the phrase 'slow day.' He rested his head on the counter and gave a sigh, unsure of what to do. This was the first slow day he had here in the shop, so what was he supposed to do? He figured he could make some new clothes, but he felt no inspiration.

He sighed again but felt a tinge of pain run up his leg. It was his leg acting up again, reminding him that it was time for him to take his medicine that Flitwink had given him the other day. He pulled a container out from under the counter and picked out one of the odd colored leaves the doctor had given him. He began to chew on it absentmindedly as he once again rested his head on the counter with a bored expression.

"Such a boring day..."

Finally! A day off. It had been a busy couple days, but he at last found himself able to take some time to get some things done--like stock up on food, and get a nice massage to relieve some of the stress he'd been feeling lately--but all of that would have to wait. He had felt bad not being able to go the very first day he had inquired about it, and now, two days having passed since he had spoken with the cobalt stallion, he was finally making his way towards the shop that he had spoken of, and as the sign came into view, he could barely help it as his feathers ruffled up suddenly with excitement, and he had to take a moment to stop himself from crashing into the store with a forced, calming breath.

When he finally calmed his oddly bundled nerves---a thing he had grown used to, despite the fact that he still did not fully understand what it was about this stallion that had him so riled up-- he proceeded to enter into the shop, and with a small tinkling of a bell, he slipped silently into the store, looking about at all of the garments that decored the shelves and walls, and finally, found his eyes drawn to the slumped over shape of a blue stallion, who looked bored to tears at the counter.

"Um....hello, Cross Stitch," Flitwink said softly, the base of his mane stood on end as he said the stallions name. Weird, "Um...I....I'm here...like I said I'd be...."

Cross-Stitch immediately snapped up as he hear the bell with a wide grin on his face. Finally, a customer! Finally, some business! Finally... But unfortunately it wasn't a customer. It was Flitwink, the doctor who had helped him the other day and even promised a visit when he wasn't too busy. Sure enough, here he was, in the shop.

It wasn't a customer, but Cross-Stitch was perfectly fine with it, it was something to break up the slow moving day. "Oh, Hello doctor Flitwink." He said with a wide smile and a tilt of his head, "What brings you to my little corner of Canterlot? Was it a slow day for you as well?"

Flitwink blinked and gave a soft smile to the stallion, "Uh, well, actually I don't work today....so I thought, since I said I'd stop by and maybe check out some clothes for my daughter....maybe I'd do it today....y'know....before I forgot or something...."

He paled at that. Well, that was rude. Just saying that this pony was forgetful. How thoughtless, "I mean...not that I would forget, I mean. It's not like you're just another patient or something---not that any of my patients are....I mean, that is....I.....um..."

He stopped talking, fidgeting uncomfortably, "S-sorry....I don't know what I'm saying....let's start over....." He chuckled, "I'm just Flitwink today---and my friends call me Flink--not that we're friends..well, I'd like to be, of course...but I mean you don't have to be if you don't want to be friend it's just that it's hard for me to make friends because I don't get out of the hospital much and....."

He bit his tongue on purpose to stop himself from further embarrassment, "Thorry..."

Cross-Stitch smiled, "Right; Mr. Flink, then," He said, laughing a bit. The name seemed to tickle his tongue as it rolled off of it.

"Flink, you should really calm down..." Cross-Stitch said, growing ever more concerned the longer that the pegasus talked, "Has work been this stressful to you? My, it makes me feel lucky that I didn't find myself in such a career." He shook his head, unable to imagine what the doctor must have gone through to end up in such a wreck. An idea popped in his head, a way to repay the good doctor for what he had done for him, "Ah! Let me make you some tea, perhaps that will calm you."

Cross-Stitch walked over to the door of his shop and flipped the 'Open' sign to 'Closed,' "I also live here, you see. The living quarters are up the stairs here." Cross-Stitch crossed the room as he spoke and began to ascend the stairs, trying to decide what kind of tea Flink would prefer.

"Are...are you sure that's alright...? You could be turning down some business..." Even though he said it, as he glanced at the empty streets outside, he doubted it would occur. Today was a very quiet day, even for the normally hustle and bustle city of Canterlot, "But if you're sure....a cup of tea does sound absolutely wonderful...perhaps we could continue our talk...maybe you'd have a good idea of what would be a nice fit for my daughter."

He quietly followed the stallion off towards his living quarters, mouth watering at the thought of a hot cup of tea.