A walk in the city [OPEN]

AlisonRose

Ok here are some rules:

1. Forum rules apply here.

2. IF you are playing as a pony from the show in anyway PLEASE have that in your first post so that I can make a list here of the people who are playing which pony so that we don't have like six fluttershy.

3. No just sitting around, if your pony is in the thread please talk and such, even if it is to say that your pony goes to lay down somewhere for a while.

------------------------

The RP is OPEN, that means ANYPONY can join in, but be careful if the RP seems to be going at a good clip please do not confuse the players by jamming another pony into the mix. Thank you very much for reading this all.

------------------

Cast list:

Bronynumber299 - Rainy Splash

MarchingHammers - Sydphony

DiamonAzuru21 - Solar Flare & Sunbreeze

jim - Copperthorn

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a dark and stormy night in the city of Manehatten, HeartBeat was tossing and turning in her bed. She sat up and began to talk to herself,

"Ugh, I knew it would be hard to sleep tonight, I guess I will just have to go for a walk to clear my head or something." She said as she got out of the bed and put on her poncho and boots and set out for the sidewalk to begin her casual trot. She had just made it out into the open when the wind seemed to all but stop, the city was silent now except for the rain that wasn't coming down very fast. It was really quiet peaceful and HeartBeat walked to the 'All Night Bake Shop' and sat down in her usual chair when she couldn't sleep. The waiters without even asking brought her a glass of lemon water and a small slice of mint cake. She smiled and handed them the bits to pay for it and a touch extra for the waiters to save up. "Thank you, this will do for now." She said to the waiter who bowed out and went back to cleaning. HeartBeat was the onlypony in the shop right now who wasn't working at the store. As the faded piano music played in the rain it set a very calming mood among the candle-lit store.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cast List Bronynumber299-Rainy Splash

Rainy Splash decided that it was a good idea to go meet his friend HeartBeat.He wanted to go see all his friends from last summer but he heard there was a rain storm in Manehattan so it was double times the fun.He was walking in the street when he noticed HeartBeat in the bake shop."Huh wow I'm lucky.Baked goods old friends and good weather."Rainy walked in and sat at the same stall HeartBeat was.He surprised her."Hi!I decided to come over to visit you."He said happily......

(It's okay I'm here right it IS open.Right?)

(yea, i said for anypony ^^ welcome back Rainy!)

"Oh hi Rainy!" She said happily as the waiter brought over another glass of Lemon Water and Mint pie and set it down in front of Rainy, he took the bits from HeartBeat and then walked back to the kitchen.

"You see, I have a deal here where I get Mint Cake and Lemon Water for a reduced price since I'm always here." She said winking and nudging Rainy a little, "Eat up before the cream on top melts." She winked at him again and began to sip her lemon water some more. "What brings you to the city?" She asked, she knew Rainy Splash loved the rain and was most likely here since there was a monster of a rainstorm outside that showed no signs of stopping anytime soon.

(Hello HeartBeat good to be back)

Rainy Splash spoke between bites."Well there was a storm here which I couldn't miss and thought that while I'm here why don't I go meet HeartBeat?"He smiled the cake was good and the lemon water was interesting."So watcha doin' recently I have been doin' some weather patrol.So have you met anypony else from last summer.."(I mean the world as we know it RP)"....Because I have seen Cherry at some weather missions and just last week I met Dawning Aura in ponyville small world huh?"Rainy chuckled reminicing......

HeartBeat looked at Rainy and smiled a little at him, he was as energetic and loving as ever.

"Oh, well I have seen HighRoller and you so far. Not many ponies come to the city here, since it can be very hectic at times around here." She chuckled a little and then continued to eat her cake, taking very small bites and then sipping her lemon water in between. She thought back to what Rainy had said and then spoke up again, "You said that you were in the Weather Patrol? Do you bring storms or swat them away?" She asked with a giggle as she knew that Rainy Splash loved the rain.

Cast List MarchingHammers-Sydphony

"Another sucessful night" Said Syd in his signature cockney accent, who was on his way to a hotel for the night after his gig at a cafe. He was happy to have entertained so many people, and was thinking about many things, such as the empty stomach that was plaguing him. He was looking for the nearest place for him to get something to drink when he saw his friend Rainy in a bakeshop that he was going in. Syd walked in and sat next to Rainy and ordered a cup of tea. "Fancy meeting you here Rainy, who is your friend?"

HeartBeat looked over to the new Unicorn at the table and smiled.

"My name is HeartBeat kind stallion. I am a nurse here at Manehatten Hospital and I met Rainy here last summer when we went on vacation together. How about you?" She wondered, it wasn't often that ponies she didn't know showed up in town. She was looking at this new unicorn and thought to herself, He looks like he might be a musician. Shesimply just sat there and smiled at him knowing that her questions would be answered in due time.

HeartBeat sipped her Lemon water some more and then spoke up. "Well it is nice for your friends to show up too isn't it Rainy? And my what a big storm you brought with you this time!" She said jokingly and smiled to Rainy making sure he knew she didn't want him to feel bad that she didn't like the rain. She began to fidget with the bow in her mane again since she did that every time that somepony began to talk about her.

Syd replied with a returned smile "I met Rainy at one of Pinkie Pie's parties not all that long ago in Ponyville." Syd sipped his tea with care in order to not burn himself. "I'm currently travelling Equestria spreading music around the realm. I have been on hiatus lately, as I have been offered a steady week long gig at a local cafe." Syd checked the time, and realized how late it was and how long the gig had run, and more importantly, where he was going to stay for the night.

HeartBeat put her hoof to her mouth in ponder. "What kind of music are you spreading, I love some choir and such music." She smiled real big in between sips of her Lemon Water. She had an inking sense that he wasn't into that kind of music, simply by the look of him. "I hope your tea is good by the way Syd, they have the best tea in Manehatten here in this shop." HeartBeat said and imediatly a waiter stuck his head out from the kitchen area and said. "Oh why thank you Miss HeartBeat, it is a great honor to hear you say such things about our establishment." Heartbeat simply sighed but kept smiling and nodded to the waiter. She was treated like royalty here since she grew up eating sweets here and told almost everypony she knows about this place.

(Anytime a pony who isn't being played by someone talks, please use the Light Salmon color so we don't get confused.)

Syd answered in earnest, "I'm a guitarist, and I do try many forms of music, although I like to experiment. I'm trying this new genre called progressive that has its orgins in Trottington.. It is about the experience and the journey that the song takes you on, and it is spiritually eye opening." After hearing what genres that HeartBeat liked he took the idea of adding a group of singers into more of his music. "I must say this is some of the best tea I have tasted. It reminds me of my hometown and the warm and cozy atmosphere there."

(understood)

Syd had noticed that something was worrying Rainy until he spoke up "I am fine Rainy, don't worry about myself. I have my trenchcoat here that keeps me nice and dry. I am not sure about you Heart. Do you need anything? I would really hate to see you get soaked from the storm. You can have my coat if you would like.

HeartBeat giggled a little and then ruffled her poncho a bit. "I don't need an umbrella hun, I have my poncho on that I got last summer." She sipper her lemon water and continued to ponder about Syd's music. "Oh no I wouldn't dare take your coat, not from a gentlestallion like yourself. Who knows when you might need it?" She said brushing her hoof through her mane and then sipping some more lemon water.

HeartBeat had finished her cake and lemon water and looked over to Rainy Splash. "Whenever you want hun, lead the way, but don't go too fast now." She said as she got up and used her magic to take all of their empty dishes back into the kitchen so that the waiters didn't have to. She then trotted to the door and bowed to the staff who all came out to wave goodbye to her. "Will we see you again anytime soon Miss HeartBeat?" One of them asked her, "We'll see, it is up to these two right now though," She said with a wink, a smile, and a hoof point towards her two friends.

HeartBeat trotted outside and stopped next to Rainy and winked at him and smiled at him.

"So what would you like to talk about, I don't mind just talking about things. Sounds kind of fun. You said you wanted to tell us the story of your cutie mark? That would be interesting!" She said trying to get Rainy Splash pumped up and excited about their walk in the rain.

He didn't need to get excited he already was.Just feeling the cold rain patter on his coat made him feel good."Okay so my cutie mark story.Ahem.It all started on my flight test.I was right before the school bully but had to do my flight test.So right before I landed back on cloudsdale I grabbed a rain cloud.I poised the rain cloud right over the bully and jumped on the cloud making it rain.It soaked the bully I loved the rain though.I relized that I want to do this for a living:Making it rain where it needs to.And when I passed I saw this little guy here..."Rainy Splash pointed to his cutie mark."......So thats mine what about you?"

HeartBeat examined her flank and then pondered a bit.

"Well you see, I found a bird that had a broken wing near my house in Stalliongrad when I was just a youngster. I brought it home with me and used some materials from my parents boot making store to make it a half-decent wrap so that the birds wing would heal properly. I took the bird back outside and was going to let him hop back to his family when I found another pony about my age standing there eyes wide and mouth agape. He was the birds owner and was so happy that I had taken the time to help his bird feel better. And after that the birds owner couldn't stop smiling, it warmed my heart to make ponies like him happy and then BAM. I got this cutie mark." She said as she then rubbed her cutie mark as if to shine it. She flipped her mane to the other side of her face and ran her hoof through it attempting to be modest. "I really did like your story Rainy, it took a lot of courage to stand up to a bully!" She said and smiled to Rainy who was obviously enjoying himself.

HeartBeat shook her head at Rainy, "It wasn't just the right thing to do. It was what you were destined to do. You know, like....fate?" She said not sure how to word her statement. "So Syd said that you met him at one of Pinkie Pie's parties? I hear they are legendary, and that she is the best party pony in all of Equestria." She flipped her mane to the other side of her face and huffed at it since it didn't want to behave.