A walk in the city [OPEN]

AlisonRose

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Fine? Simply fine? No fun stories to share about it?" HeartBeat asked, she had always wanted to attend one of Pinkie Pie's parties but was sure that she was way too hopped up on energy and that wasn't too her style but she could manage. "Come on, tell me some stories then Rainy." She nudged Rainy and giggled a little at him.

HeartBeat patted Rainy on the head with her hoof and just smiled at him. "Oh that is fine then, would you like me to tell you another story then? I have a whole bunch of stories that I can tell. Or maybe Syd can tell us a story?" She waved her hoof at their now silent companion.

"Sure I'll tell you my story, As a colt, my family used to move from town to town, and we never really settled down anywhere. When I came of age, I decided to stay in Trottington and do odd jobs around town. I found myself doing work on buildings and such, as there was much demand for these jobs and no supply of workers. I had learned much and decided to build my own cottage on the outskirts of town, and after much toiling and hard work, my Cutie mark appeared." Syd pointed out the hammers first, and explained that "These represented my carpentry and building skills that I acquired as a colt working on buildings and eventually building sets for bands. Now the colors behind the hammers appeared only after I joined a travelling band and picked up guitar as a hobby. I am still trying to find out what they mean however."

Syd put on a look of determination as he thought once more about what the colors could mean.

HeartBeat nodded her head to Syd and Rainy. "I would sure love to hear some of this music, that is if you are still playing anywhere around here." She said with a hoof up to her mouth pondering it.

"Surely there is some sort of music you play that I will enjoy." She said with now a massive smile on her face as she tried to be very polite to the musician pony who she now knew as Syd.

HeartBeat nodded furiously to Syd. "That sounds like a plan then! About when do you want to have this 'private gig'? I'm off for the whole week." She smiled real big as she had never been to a private concert before and the prospect of trying something new always did thrill her.

HeartBeat tapped her hoof a few times then smiled and shook her head at Rainy. "Surely you will want him to sing it for you first rather then try and get the wrong notes?" She then nudged him playfully and giggled a little.

"I have been working on a new song recently, and If you would like to hear it Rainy, I will play it for you and Heart when we get indoors." Syd was partially nervous about playing this new song as it was still a draft, but hey it was worth a shot. Maybe he could get some criticism to help him improve his music.

HeartBeat smiled and nodded her head in agreement. "I would surely love to hear it!" She was excited now and shook some of the water off of her poncho and slipped a little on the sidewalk. She then giggled at her own clumsiness and then began to sway back and forth as if listening to some kind of music in her head.

HeartBeat yawned a little and shurgged. "I was only out wandering since I couldn't sleep thanks to the rain and wind." She frowned a little and hoofed at the ground a little in shame. She was scared of thunder and such but it didn't really bother her that much. It was more of the pitter-patter of rain that kept her awake at odd hours of the night.

HeartBeat nodded her head winked at Rainy and then smiled. "Luckily my house isn't to far from here!" She waved her hoof at a rather large building that was full of apartments, hers was of course on the fifth of seven floors. "It is a bit of a climb but it gives me time to dry off." She said with a smile and began to lead the group towards the building.

"Yea it isn't much but it gets the job done." She smiled very big and giggled a little as she shut the door to her apartment behind them. "Make yourselves at home, but please don't be too messy." She winked at them and then trotted into the kitchen and got herself a glass of lemon water and offered it to anypony who wanted some. She then went and got some pillows out of her room for her guests to sit on.

"A hostess? Yes, I normally have guests over. But not more then one or two." She bobbed her head up and down as she put the water onto the table to make it easier to grab. "So what do you need me to do for you Syd?" She wanted to make sure that all of their belongings were ok before she brought out more cake.