closet brony help

kunio18

hey everypony i need help, i live in england where im not to sure the fanbase is big or not for this show, and i just want to tell me friends about my love for the show and how wonderfull it is, id also look to get them to watch it and become fellow bronys with me,. just like to know how you lot do it, help would be grately appreciated thanks everypony.

ive kept it hidden for like 3 weeks now and im toatlly loving all the stuff what MLP comes with,

Aight here is what you do.

Go up to your friends, and tell them straight out that you Like MLP:FiM...keep a straight face if they start to laugh and then list the following points:

1. It is a show about caring, kindness, love, joy, and friendship.

2. It has better viewing rates then Family Guy, American Dad, and other shows of the like

3. It actually makes you laugh and feel good about yourself.

4. If you haven't seen the first three episodes you can not say you love nor hate the series or its fans.

and if all else fails...knife them >.> Hug them and show them the power of a knife Friendship!

Aight here is what you do.

Go up to your friends, and tell them straight out that you Like MLP:FiM...keep a straight face if they start to laugh and then list the following points:

1. It is a show about caring, kindness, love, joy, and friendship.

2. It has better viewing rates then Family Guy, American Dad, and other shows of the like

3. It actually makes you laugh and feel good about yourself.

4. If you haven't seen the first three episodes you can not say you love nor hate the series or its fans.

and if all else fails...knife them >.> Hug them and show them the power of a knife Friendship!

Good advice exspeccialy the last sentence.

thanks for the advice everyone, im still reletively new here so i think im deffinatley going to follow what you said, i feel like im the only brony in my area were i live and its not a nice feeling :\

but mabey,,,, just mabey i can convince them to watch an episode or two,

Check out my breaching the brony closet thread; I'd link you myself but it's a pain on a tablet. Short version: like the show, don't try to hide it, and share only if your friends ask about it. Don't treat it like something to be hidden or ashamed of. Good luck!

Check out my breaching the brony closet thread; I'd link you myself but it's a pain on a tablet. Short version: like the show, don't try to hide it, and share only if your friends ask about it. Don't treat it like something to be hidden or ashamed of. Good luck!

No worries Rosewind and thanks for the advice, yeah, i can only think of maybe one of my budies that might like it due to the fact he loves animation so he might apprecaite it. and your more right then you know, this show isnt somthing to be ashamed of or embarrased at that it. Should be shared all around for people to love

Well, my advice would be to introduce them with the video of fluttershy beating up the bear... It may not be the best example of what the show is all about, but it'll give them the idea that 'maybe this show isn't what my preconceived notions of the series says it is.'

If your friends usually browse the web, they may already know about it... So that would be a plus. it may get them to think 'one of my friends likes the show? hm, maybe i should check it out."

I have to disagree with a couple of Alisonrose's steps though... telling someone, even a guy, that the show is about love and kindness and friendship... maaay not be the best way to start the conversation. Saying that to a normal guy would be like saying 'Hey! You should totally wear a bright pink shirt! Trust me! it'll look great!" It may be true, but they'll want to keep their distance from an idea like that... That element of the show is wonderful and i love it now, but to start the conversation off that way may not be the best way... they'll discover that on their own.

Now i completely agree with her point about it being a fun show... I think of it this way... I watch Supernatural for the suspense... I watch Dr Who for the intriguing plot... I watch Full Metal Alchemist for the touching relationship the characters share... I'm sure you watch different shows for diferent reasons, But when is the last time you watched a show just because it was fun? Just in general. It's a fun show to watch, they characters are fun, the adventure are fun, the jokes are fun.... It's just an all around FUN show!

My major advice though for introducing your friends into this... is to show them the fandom itself... Find out something they like, and find a pony video relating to it... Or even fanart relating to it... Show them how interactive the fandom is with the show. There are plenty of epic PMV's that show how awesome and creative the fandom is. That's why i like it. sure the show is fun, but to see the epic pictures and hilarious comics that the fans come up with, thats what got me to stick around! So show them some of that and they'll get curious about the show itself...

And hey, if they don't like it, shrug it off, i'm sure they like things you dont like, so whatever... You like ponies and they'll know it, and if they're good friends, than all is well.... who knows? maybe they're already bronies, hehe...

Though being stoned may enhance the colors and overall sensory experience, 9 for 10 they won't remember anything about it the next day and if you know them to be ye olde jerkwads, they may deny deny deny.

Besides its hard to argue logic with someone who is actively deadening their mind...even momentarily.

Gar, its taking all my willpower to not start a drug discussion >.>

Anywho, tell them its actually a great, entertaining show. Told my mom last night and she just laughed, and said one of her co-workers is a brony too. Chances are their reaction in your mind is worse than their actual reaction. Now dont take that completely on faith, because they might just flip their lid, but only you can judge that.

I spoke to a friend on Facebook about the pony greasemonkey scripts, and he said that you really are into this now are you. I said yes and I gave him some background information about it. I mentioned the Big Lebowski shout out and said that it had excellent animation, writing, and voice acting. He said that he was happy that I found something I really loved and was finally standing up for my beliefs. So it works.

I cant thank you enough everyone for the support on how to show this to my friends and family, really thanks everyone

i was thinking of showing my friend the big lowbowski but because thats one of his favourite films of all time, and just the homage snippet from that episode with the cuite mark crusaders might be enough to make him smile to the fact that a tv show as brillaint as this gives homages to great films from the past :)

Though thinking of showing the show to them when they are baked outa there minds or on the drink may be a bad idea i think LonlyBrony

I managed to get my friend to try watching the show with the music. I would send him some of the Alex S remixes which he liked because he likes dubstep and such. Soon he wanted to hear the original songs, then he wanted to see clips of the episode the songs were from, and soon, he was watching the actual show! :D

I cant thank you enough everyone for the support on how to show this to my friends and family, really thanks everyone

i was thinking of showing my friend the big lowbowski but because thats one of his favourite films of all time, and just the homage snippet from that episode with the cuite mark crusaders might be enough to make him smile to the fact that a tv show as brillaint as this gives homages to great films from the past :)

Though thinking of showing the show to them when they are baked outa there minds or on the drink may be a bad idea i think LonlyBrony

Couldnt hurt, just ask "Hey, wanna see of a pic of The Big Lobowski as ponies?" It'll probably make him laugh, and then he'll ask where it's from and then you can show him!

they+also+made+a+reference+to+The+Big+Lebowski+_36990b9dffcb9bea6f93c1757016d38c.jpg

Showing something that they already enjoy or something they recognize will make it easier for them to get into the rest of the series. whatever it may be. i'm trying to think of a situation i've been that relates to that, but i can't seem to think of one... But yeah, if your friend likes that movie, just pass this picture along to him and then he'll get curious about the show itself. he can't say it's a terrible show if they've parodied a movie he loves.

Sorry for the big bump but here is an update on my current situation:

i finally got around to telling one of my much older friend that i loved the show MLP:FiM and was a huge fan ect loving the community and music/songs/fan-base that it comes with it, he took it really well and said "that's awesome man, what ever you love im cool with" :D

He is a huge ghost buster fan collecting memorabilia and making models of proton packs and guns and traps for the film for a living, and he said that he got alot of hassle from his friends and family saying get a real job stop fooling around with that, so we can relate to that stuff, its pretty cool

Ive told him to watch the show and get back to me for his reactions, yet currently waiting, but damn it felt good to get it out.

i finally got around to telling one of my much older friend that i loved the show MLP:FiM and was a huge fan ect loving the community and music/songs/fan-base that it comes with it, he took it really well and said "that's awesome man, what ever you love im cool with" :D

He is a huge ghost buster fan collecting memorabilia and making models of proton packs and guns and traps for the film for a living, and he said that he got alot of hassle from his friends and family saying get a real job stop fooling around with that, so we can relate to that stuff, its pretty cool

Ive told him to watch the show and get back to me for his reactions, yet currently waiting, but damn it felt good to get it out.

That sounds like a pitch perfect reaction I would expect from a good friend. I'm glad you were able to share it with someone and gain acceptance in doing so!

He's a keeper, hehe.

Great to hear! At least he supports your interests... NOW IT IS TIME TO CONVERT HIM!

or not, He knows about it now, and if he already supports it theres no need to push the subject anymore. if he gets interested he'll ask about it or look it up himself.

*brohoof*