FlashChord [Final]

FlashAndDash

Roleplay Type:Film/Show Roleplay

Name:FlashChord

Sex:Male

Species:Pegasus

Coat Color:Chocolate Brown

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:Spiky tail, with a streak of bright green in the tail

Eye Color:Blue

Cutie Mark:upside-down 1/16th musical note

Physique:slim but also a little on the tall side

Origin:Manehattan is where he was raised, but he does most of his performances and spends most of his time in Ponyville

Occupation:Bard, instrument played is a guitar but mostly does vocals (was a racer shortly before learning music)

Motivation:To make beautiful music

Dislikes: Rude Ponies, Vanilla, Racing, Bullies

Favorite Musician: John Tracolta (Stallion who taught him how to perform music)

Character Summary:

History -- FlashChord was originally born FlashDash, but changed his name later in life after deciding that the pursuit his family had set for him was not the life he wanted for himself. He comes from a family of racers who were famous for their blinding speed on hoof and in air. Eventually FlashDash grew tired of racing and started sneaking away from home and exploring other places, when he came upon ponyville he met an old pony bard who taught him the magic of music. Eventually FlashDash did return home to his family, but only to assure him that he would no longer train as a racer, but become a musician and would go by FlashChord from then on. When he is older he often can be found performing just about anywhere, but has a difficult time stirring up his music career.

Housing Situation -- One night he was exploring through the edge of the woods when suddenly a wolf began to chase him in hopes of an easy target. During the initial portion of the chase FlashChord's wing was injured and lost his ability to fly more than about ten feet at a time. Eventually he came upon a tree which he could fly to safety in. After all night of hiding in the tree the wolf eventually gave up and went elsewhere. Feeling a strange obligation to the foliage which had protected him through the night, so over the next month he went to and from ponyville, the nearest settlement, and built a treehouse to call his very own home.

Cutie Mark Story -- At FlashChord's first performance an encore was requested, during the encore he performed with a sixteen beats per measure (30 measures a minute) peace that blew everypony's mind. After the performance he immediately went to his tree and passed out from exhaustion. Upon waking he discovered his cutie mark on his flank in the form of a sixteenth note, to symbolize the sixteen beats per measure in his song from the previous night.

Flaw -- FlashChord is easygoing and fun to be around, but he has a disorder called pony-aspergers that sometimes makes it difficult for him to be around other people, but his friends know to tell him when he is getting too annoying or annoyed himself.

Parents -- FlashChord's parents were both racing Pegasi who have now shunned their son for his choice of life-path. This saddens FlashChord deeply and causes him to change the subject when parents come up.

Personality -- FlashChord was an extremely late bloomer, not getting his cutie mark until half way through colt-hood, and as a result was constantly ridiculed as a blank flank. Now in stallion-hood he often comes to young ponie's defense against buillies and generally does not associate with people who are bullies.

post-3113-0-51349700-1332218049_thumb.pn

post-3113-0-92833200-1332366188.jpg

An interesting character enough but their are some oddities. The biggest one I think is the spiked wings because I though I saw a rule that mentioned that ponies should only have standard wings. The other odd thing are the green markings. Though interesting I don't think it is much a pony thing and more of a zebra thing. Maybe just have one green marking instead of all over his body? The Royal family thing is odd because I'm pretty sure that means you would have to be related to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna which I remember seeing a rule about having no back round relationship with main cast ponies. (You might want to look that up). Perhaps an alternative could be that they are well know athletes or maybe that his family was know for having a long line of champions in a competition that involved speed? The only other thing I guess is odd is the Aspergers thing which I guess is unique but I would ask a mod about it.

An interesting character enough but their are some oddities. The biggest one I think is the spiked wings because I though I saw a rule that mentioned that ponies should only have standard wings. The other odd thing are the green markings. Though interesting I don't think it is much a pony thing and more of a zebra thing. Maybe just have one green marking instead of all over his body? The Royal family thing is odd because I'm pretty sure that means you would have to be related to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna which I remember seeing a rule about having no back round relationship with main cast ponies. (You might want to look that up). Perhaps an alternative could be that they are well know athletes or maybe that his family was know for having a long line of champions in a competition that involved speed? The only other thing I guess is odd is the Aspergers thing which I guess is unique but I would ask a mod about it.

said noble, sorry if was unclear. to me noble would mean anyone who is granted land by the ruling monarch or is given lordship or dukeship over large portion of land, but a good idea on the famli line thingy. I can see where your coming from on the markings and was thinking of getting rid of those on GIMP anyway. On the wings, can you show me a link to that? i cant find it in the FAQ ^^' I just say because if drew up my thing from the pony creator

You can remove [pegasus] from the title because the topic tag is already there. Also, could you please not bold your entire Application? It's alright to bold the description titles/fields, but not the entire app.

okay, ummmm how do i edit the title? i click edit on le post and its not letting me

said noble, sorry if was unclear. to me noble would mean anyone who is granted land by the ruling monarch or is given lordship or dukeship over large portion of land, but a good idea on the famli line thingy. I can see where your coming from on the markings and was thinking of getting rid of those on GIMP anyway. On the wings, can you show me a link to that? i cant find it in the FAQ ^^'

Here you go Basically outlines that very unusually wings will probably get rejected. Still always ask a mod it will definitely save you a lot of headache.

okay, ummmm how do i edit the title? i click edit on le post and its not letting me

After you hit edit click the full editor option.

Coat Color:Chocolate Brown with green markings

Those markings are Zebra stripes, and we not keen on ponies having them (unless they ARE part or full Zebra). However, I see the stripes are missing from the picture you provide with the app. Did you take them out already or did you forget to add them to the pic?

Cutie Mark:upside-down 1/16th musical note

Do you have a picture of the Cutie Mark? I'm not sure what that kind of note looks like.

Origin:Manehattan is where he was raised, but he does most of his performances and spends most of his time in Ponyville

Why is this? What's so special about Ponyville? Wouldn't he fair better and make more bits in a bit city?

I think the only 'nobles' that we allow in Mane RP are those specifically mentioned in show. A bard is a fine occupation, but please, no nobility.

He comes from a royal family of racers who were famous for their blinding speed on hoof and in air.

Again... no on the royalty/nobility. Also, I'm pretty sure the Wonderbolts are the most elite racing/flying team in Equestria. However, a normal family of racing ponies would be okay.

Cutie Mark Story -- At FlashChord's first performance an encore was requested, during the encore he performed with a sixteen beats per measure (30 measures a minute) peace that blew everypony's mind.

You never told us what instrument he plays. :shock: Or is he a singer? You didn't seem to specify.

After the performance he immediately went to his tree and passed out from exhaustion.

Oh? What tree? Did he have his own place, or did it belong to his parents? Why did he take residence in a tree rather than a house like a normal pony?

Not too shabby so far, but there is some work to be done.