Airheart [Final]

AllThatChaz

This is my first online roleplaying experience. Please let me know if I did/do anything wrong >.>

Roleplay Type:

World of Equestria

Name:

Airheart

Sex:

Male

Young Stallion

Species:

Pegasus

Eye Color:

Olive Green

Coat Color:

Light purple, like a lilac color

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style:

Blonde flowing mane that tends to get somewhat messy after flight.

Physique:

I guess more on the muscular side, but certainly not beefy or anything.

Cutie Mark:

A cloud shaped somewhat like a heart.

Origin/Residence:

Airheart was born and raised in Cloudsdale. He is fond of traveling but his work keeps him in Cloudsdale most of the time.

Instructor at the flight school in Cloudsdale.

Motivation:

Airheart's main motivation is to train the little fliers of the future. He is very fond of the little fillies and colts and takes great pleasure in turning them into accomplished navigators of the skies. The money he earns from the school helps pay for his main hobby, travel. Airheart travels all over Equestria to experience new things - sights, sounds, tastes, people, anything! Airheart is an extremely talented flier and enjoys the trip to his destination as much as the time he spends there. He prides himself for his speed in the air. One thing he's sure to try anywhere he goes is the town's local spot for sweets!

Travel, flying, young ponies, sweets

Dislikes:

Bullies, weather too rough to fly in, any food with crabgrass in it

Character Summary:

History – Airheart was born and raised in Cloudsdale. He took to the air quickly and excelled in flight school, although at times he should have been a little more focused. He idolized the Wonderbolts, as many young fliers did. He dreamed of flying with them one day.

Parents – His father, Highwind, worked with the weather squad while his mother, Rosé, worked at the rainbow fountain at the weather factory. They are both retired now. Airheart often visits them for dinner when he is in town. They are very proud that he's found his niche in life and is generally happy.

Cutie Mark Story – Airheart's cutie mark is a cloud that is shaped somewhat like a heart. He got it during his flying class one day. It was early on during the classes where the fillies and colts were taking to the sky on their own for the first time. Airheart was excelling but one of his friends was struggling. Some bullies were being mean, so Airheart wanted to help her. He gave her some quick pointers on wing rhythm and how to use the wind to help maintain balance. Airheart watched as his friend made progress and soon was able to fly straight on her own while he cheered her on. At that moment, his cutie mark appeared. At the time, Airheart and everyone else thought it meant that he would be an incredible flier. That continued until his failure with his Wonderbolts tryout. He later found that it was his love of flight and for being among the clouds that his cutie-mark represented. He remembered how much he loved helping his friend, and he started teaching at the flight school.

Flaws – Airheart's dream was to join the Wonderbolts, and he thought he had a legitimate shot. He was the among the fastest ponies in his class, if not the fastest. However, during his trial, he tried so hard to go fast that he lost control and spun out of his aerial maneuvers. His dream was over. He was crushed. He spent days staring at his cutie-mark wondering what it could even mean if he wasn't meant to soar among the clouds with the Wonderbolts. Now Airheart is glad that he isn't stuck touring with the Wonderbolts and attending whatever events they are contracted to do. He's free to fly where he pleases when he isn't training the young ponies, which he enjoys more than he ever enjoyed stunt-flying. Airheart learned a lot about himself in the ordeal. Other than that, his main flaws are that he can tend to be a little hyperactive at times, perhaps even immature. He often enters buildings at high velocity, which can be kind of rude.

Personality - Oh he's definitely free-spirited. He's his students' biggest fans and will cheer long and loud for them. Having the wind in his face is one of his greatest joys, and he experiences it often! He laughs a lot and shouts for joy when flying. He can be easily distracted, but that's only because his mind works almost as fast as his wings. He speaks quickly when he isn't working with students. He's pretty random as he wants to experience everything in Equestria.

og0778.png

Edited by AllThatChaz

In fact, his speed is only surpassed by the Wonderbolts and Rainbow Dash (I haven't read through other RPers, he's among the fastest if other OC's claim to be very fast).

Be careful with this. We really don't like ponies to be the 'only' or 'absolute best' at something. We can't keep track of everypony, so no OC can be 'the best' at anything. Pegasi are naturally fast, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just remember that your OC is not THE fastest or THE best.

Ponyville is one of his favorite destinations due to his proclivity for the sweets prepared by Mr. and Mrs. Cake at Sugarcube Corner. He's also been known to attend Pinkie Pie's parties, which feed his more hyperactive side.

This is a bit iffy. We don't allow prior relationships with Cast members, so remember that Mr. and Mrs. Cake and Pinkie Pie will not know Airheart personally at all. You will need to introduce yourself in RP if you want to have a relationship with any of them.

However, thinking on it, I think in show Pinkie's parties have been invite-only... which means anypony who wanted to get invited would need to live in Ponyville.

His father, Highwind, worked with the weather squad while his mother, Rosé, worked at the rainbow fountain.

What's the rainbow fountain and where is it? Do you mean the fountain in the Weather Factory in Cloudsdale?

Sugarcube corner has had to replace more than a few doors because of him.

I think this bit has to go. That's pushing it a little too far, to the point where Mr. and Mrs. Cake, and perhaps even Pinkie Pie, would have to know who he was.

Overall, a good looking app. :)

Be careful with this. We really don't like ponies to be the 'only' or 'absolute best' at something. We can't keep track of everypony, so no OC can be 'the best' at anything. Pegasi are naturally fast, and there's nothing wrong with that. Just remember that your OC is not THE fastest or THE best.

I figured as much, that's why I put that caveat that he is among the fastest. He's above-average. I'll make that more clear.

This is a bit iffy. We don't allow prior relationships with Cast members, so remember that Mr. and Mrs. Cake and Pinkie Pie will not know Airheart personally at all. You will need to introduce yourself in RP if you want to have a relationship with any of them.

However, thinking on it, I think in show Pinkie's parties have been invite-only... which means anypony who wanted to get invited would need to live in Ponyville.

Understandable. I'll change it to be that he's just never been to Ponyville. That way he won't know anyone and can love everything he would love there when he visits for the first time. I'll RP it instead of putting it in a backstory.

What's the rainbow fountain and where is it? Do you mean the fountain in the Weather Factory in Cloudsdale?

I did mean the fountain from the scene where Pinkie tried drinking rainbow juice. Since my mother is retired, I didn't think it would be a problem with continuity. Nopony who works there now would know who she is. If that isn't okay, she could be a stay-at-home pony but I'm kind of at a loss as to how anypony in a backstory could ever have a job within these rules. I'm not angry or anything, I'm just curious about what the standard is.

I think this bit has to go. That's pushing it a little too far, to the point where Mr. and Mrs. Cake, and perhaps even Pinkie Pie, would have to know who he was.

Understood. This will be covered by the change I'm making, saying that Airheart hasn't been to Ponyville yet.

Overall, a good looking app. :)

Thank you! So these changes, should I edit my original post or post a new application in this thread? Or do I need to submit a new thread?

I did mean the fountain from the scene where Pinkie tried drinking rainbow juice. Since my mother is retired, I didn't think it would be a problem with continuity. Nopony who works there now would know who she is. If that isn't okay, she could be a stay-at-home pony but I'm kind of at a loss as to how anypony in a backstory could ever have a job within these rules. I'm not angry or anything, I'm just curious about what the standard is.

Just a little more clarity is needed. :)

Thank you! So these changes, should I edit my original post or post a new application in this thread? Or do I need to submit a new thread?

Always edit your original.