A nice vacation to Trottingham. (IRockZ28, Conor Colton)

Rocky

Needing a break from the band, and a little time for himself, the charcoal grey pegasus Voxxy Continental, Keyboardist/pianist for the well known band 'The Stable Doors', decided to take a little trip to Trottingham. A rather far trip, coming from Manehatten, but he was looking for an adventurous vacation. He had already found a nice hotel to stay at, and was roming the city looking to see what there was to see.

He walked down a strip of stores, one of which being a record store, selling vinyls, tapes, and new CDs. A store just to his liking. Upon entering, he instantly found many vinlys of his favorites, that he obviously did not own yet. There were some by Pineclop Smith, Def Griffin, and many others.

"Wow, so many great albums! This place is a goldmine!", He thought to himself after checking out with a stack of records, giving him very little head on visibility.

He headed out into the streets, staggering with his heavy load of music.

"... Maybe I should have grabbed a bag..." He said to himself, narrowly avoiding collision with several passing ponies.

The white coated, blue maned pegasus Colton Cloudkicker was enjoying his time in the bustling city of Trottingham. As always he was accompanied by his faithful companion, best friend and pet, Sparks the sparrow. The two of them were travelling around the city and decided to head further into the settlement to see some things and hopefully gain some memories.

As the two walked Colton was busy consulting a map and Sparks was casually resting on his head. "Okay...so if we head here then we can make it in time for....No wait that wouldn't work...uh...Maybe is we..." Colton continued to run circles in his head as he walked with the large piece of paper obscuring his view.

"Sparks could you be my eyes for me? I can't see while I'm doing this." Colton asked as Sparks absent-mindedly nodded, not really caring. But the bird's negligence lead Colton to bump into a pony, knocking over what appeared to be music albums. "Oh sweet Celestia I'm sorry buddy...Here let me help with that." Colton exclaimed as he did just that.

Rambling through the streets, it wasn't before long that he had made contact with another pony on the strip. Knocking all of his records to the ground. The pegasus of which he bumped into began to apologize and pick up some of the albums.

"Oh, that's fine... Uh, Nothing seems to be broken" He said.

He decided that he would not just walk off, but maybe get to know somepony outside of the band, and relatives.

"So... Uh... Hi. I'm Voxxy Continental. What are your names? I assume you know this, uh, bird" He began in an unsure and slightly shy manner.

As Colton picked up the albums in an apologetic effort he was surprised by the pony's friendly attitude. He set the albums on the ground in a neat stack before addressing the pony back. "Uh...Pleasure to meet you Voxxy....My name's Colton, Colton Cloudkicker. And yeah I do know this bird, he's my buddy. His name's Sparks." Colton said as Sparks lazily waved from his position on Colton's head.

"But listen, Voxxy I'm sorry this was really rude of me and I'll repay you anyway I can." Colton said in an attempt to fix this first impression.

"So uh....you like music I take it Voxxy?" Colton asked as he mentally face-hoofed over a question with such an obvious answer.

Colton was very apologetic, as Voxxy now realized. Something he like in a pony, or pegasus in this case.

"No, you do not need to repay me", he said, "I'm sure I was at fault too... I should have grabbed a bag in the first place. Oh, yes, I do very much love music. I am actually in a very well known band. If you ever have heard, or will hear of a band called "The Stable Doors", that's me".

Voxxy thought for a moment. He did not want to leave it at that, instead to get a conversation started.

"So, uh", He bagan, unsure where to go with it, "Now that you know what I do for a living, what do you do?".

• 2 weeks later...

Colton was rather shocked by Voxxy's sudden statement. It had seemed Colton had ran into a musician. But sadly, Colton couldn't say he had ever heard of Voxxy before, or his band for that matter. The pegasus decided he should be honest and not put on a guise that he knew all about the band.

"Stable Doors? Hmmm...can't say I have. Would you be up for telling me about them?" Colton asked, trying to turn his ignorance into light-hearted conversation. Sparks perched himself on his master's head and observed the conversation. Colton then answered the new pony's question regarding his occupation.

"Well...what do I do? Well, I'm a traveller. Me and Sparks here go all over Equestria...kind of a duo for hire on most cases." The pegasus stated with a slight smile.

Voxxy bent down to retrieve his specs, which had also fallen on impact with the other pegasus, as Colton asked about the band.

"Hmm? Oh, the band". He began, "It's a four peice make up. There's the singer, Swig Vibrato, the guitarist, Strummy Strings, the drummer, Paradiddle Densmore, and me, the keyboardist. We play all over the place. We are usually playing almost ever day, but we took this week off for a vacation".

Voxxy thought for a moment. Another question popped into his head before long.

"So, what brings you out here to Trottingham? Basic travelling?" He asked.

Colton and Sparks listened as Voxxy mused about his band. The pegasus found it to be of certain interest. However, the sparrow merely rested in Colton's mane and nonchalantly listened, not caring either way. A dissatisfied look from Colton quickly made the bird tune in though.

"So...in a sense you're a traveller too?" Colton posed the question, eager to hear the answer.

And when Voxxy posed yet another question, Colton answered promptly, "Yeah, we're just taking in the sights really. Enjoying a break, looking for another job, that sorta thing." The white pegasus stated with a smile once again.

Voxxy adjusted his glasses to his face as Colton once again asked a question.

"Well, yes, you could say I am a traveller", He said with a light smile.

"I'm curious as to where you have gone", he continued as he began to gesture to a diner on the corner of the strip, " As it sounds interesting, but I am a little hungry... Do you want to step into that little diner over there for a bite? I'm buying".

Colton considered the offer and came to his conclusion.

"Well...sure, why not." He said as the two began to walk towards said diner.

"So Vox, if you mind me calling you Vox...You must have some stories about the places you've visited, right?" Colton thought to start off the conversation. This was usually how he started conversations with new ponies, adventures. But it was rare that Colton ever found another pony who travelled. Even though he would always ta;k about his adventures first, he decided that Voxxy should get first swing at it.

As they all entered the diner, Voxxy took a seat by the front window before he answered the questions Colton had asked.

"I don't mind if you call me Vox", He bagan, "I am called that by my friends... Oh... Well.. Every place we visit gets a pretty interesting story when the singer is around. Swig is often heavy with the apple cider, which would lead to some quite crazy nights or gigs. He was arrested once before... It is a kinda long story... I don't know if you'd want to hear it or not..."

Vox was always in the mood for telling one of their stories... but they seemed to drag out for a long time.