[Canterlot] A Fresh Start (OPEN)

SilverSwirl

(Debut thread for Timid Star, basically the plot will revolve around Timid getting settled in and learning to cope with being away from his family)

Timid Star,() had just disembarked from the ship after his long voyage from his hometown in the Gallopacus Islands. The voyage had been uneventful, but it was an emotional rollercoaster for the young colt who had never been away from home before. His eyes were red and puffy, with dark circles under his eyes from not getting enough sleep. He hitched in another sob as he levitated his saddlebags onto his body, pausing to look at his gold medallion which reminded him that he still had parents who loved him and his sob ceased. He managed a weak smile as he left the docks.

As he walked into the town square, he felt absolutely overwhelmed and in awe of the beautiful architecture that the buildings incorporated in their designs. He stood still and was jostled about by other ponies going about their business with the occasional shout for him to, "Get out of the way!". When that feeling subsided he looked around and noticed he was completely lost. Fear crept into his mind as he began to shake and said aloud, "I should have never left home. I have no idea where anything is and I miss my family so much!". After saying that, he began to cry as he flopped down in the street with his dog, Boney.

Far Skies drifted down to the town square and stretched his legs after a long day of flying. Taking a look around he drank in the sights and smells of home. Well, as close to home as he'll allow. As he walked about, his eyes fell upon a golden vase lying in the road. Approaching it, he found it to be a young colt and his dog, a blank-flank to be precise, crying in the street! Sparing a glare at the ignorant passing ponies, Far trotted across the street to the sad colt.

"Hey, bucko, what's a colt like you doing crying in the street?" he asked, giving a kind smile.

Timid Star stopped crying for a moment and looked up at the Pegasus who had spoken to him. He got to his feet, and looked up at the Pegasus with a pitiful look on his face and replied, tears still streaming down his face, "I was sent here by my parents so I could figure out who I really am! I just got here and I'm lost, homesick, and alone. I am really talented with magic but my physical weakness makes it difficult for me to cast many spells in quick succession without suffering some sort of backfire on a spell. My name is Timid Star and I really need, help finding my way around here.". He managed to offer a shaky hoof to the Pegasus.

Taking the tiny hoof, Far gave it a gentle shake and replied. "Jeez, that's tough dude. Timid Star, right? My name's Far Skies. I actually grew up around here myself, maybe I can give you a hoof in findin' where you're goin'?"

Far's stomach starts to rumble as he releases the colt's hoof. "Heh, if you don't mind stopping for some chow first? I've been flying for a while and I am star-VING! How's about you Star?"

Timid managed a weak smile as he replied, "I know, I left my island home in the Gallopacus Islands because I felt that I was useless there as the only blank flank on the island. It's a pleasure to meet you Far Skies and I could use some help in finding the library and a place to rest my head.".

At the sound of Far Skies stomach rumbling and mention of getting some food, Timid fully realized how hungry he was, fresh off the boat as it were. "Sure! I am starving! Do you know a place that makes a good omelet? It's my favorite food and it may ease the stress of being so far away from my home. Lead the way!", he said, his smile growing wider in the company of the Pegasus.

Far felt his smile grow as he watched the little colt cheer up. Closing his eyes, he lifted his snout to search the wind until he came across the tasty smell of omelette. Finding it, he pointed down a side street and said "That way!"

Leading the way, he turned to Timid Star. "So, all the way from Gallopocus, huh? Been there once or twice myself, beautiful place, absolutely gorgeous! And creatures and plants like you wouldn't believe! I remember this one time when I visited that I ended up having to run for my life against the biggest turtle I've ever seen!"

Timid Star followed Far Skies down the side street which was a tad darker than the town square. He shivered a little as they passed buildings that were in less than stellar shape. Replying to Far Skies with a weak smile, "Yeah, I lived there all my life. It is a beautiful place but I enjoyed the simple beauty of the beach, looking for useful objects that wash ashore from time to time.". Laughing at Far Skies story about the turtle, he said, "You didn't have to run from the turtle because as far as I know, they don't have a taste for pony flesh.". His medallion made jangling noises as they continued to follow their noses towards the scent of omelets with Boney not far behind them. He felt more comfortable with this Pegasus than he had with anypony else he had ever met.

Far Skies raised an eyebrow, "Don't believe me?

So there I was, walkin' around the edge of the great Mt. Thunderhoof, right along where the base of it meets the forest. I was scrounging around for some volcanic rock, especially obsidian, which I could use to trade for all sorts of stuff. Just then, something caught my eye, a giant turtle! I swear the thing must of been five meters across, with a huge domed shell! And it was plodding right up the side of the volcano! I must've watched the thing plod along for an hour. And you wouldn't believe what happened next!

The big lug takes a bad step! Can you believe it? At the pace he was going!" Far talks on as he leads them through side street after side street before emerging onto a busier street "I couldn't help but watch as he flailed his stubby legs tryin' to get his balance back, but the poor thing couldn't! So he fell over, not far, so he probably wasn't hurt. The problem was he was on the incline leading up the side of the mountain! So can you guess what happened next? He started rolling! Right down the slope - towards me!" Far stops his story for a second to watch the colt's reaction, taking a quick sniff to make sure they were still going the right way.

Timid listened to the full story and nodded, completely focused on keeping up with Far Skies as he was lead down many side streets. He shivered and said to Far Skies, "All these side streets are scaring me.". Finally, he emerged on a busier street with the omelet smell seeming to permeate this section of Canterlot. Smiling a little but still shivering in fear a little bit as he asked, "Are we really close to those omelets?".