[Bareback Gulch] A Stop at the Rhinestone

"I... See..." was all Ashton could offer regarding the mysterious doctor pony. It sounded like some sort of weird set up for a joke but without a punchline. He hoped hid didn't run into this pony anytime soon.

He couldn't really agree with Dr. Nut either. There seemed to be history between Ponies and Griffins all right, but most of it would probably be better off forgotten. If there was any hope between the two it lay in the now, not in the past.

"Um, Bye." he gave a little wave to the pony who left as quickly as he arrived. He wasn't too sure what to think of him. He seemed 'friendly' and 'nice' but to him it seemed phony. He couldn't quite fathom someone like him ever having been out west.

"Maybe I should leave too." he said after taking another gulp, leaving only a tiny amount in the bottom of the glass. "I don't want to take any more of your time and I should probably get ready for an early start tomorrow." He enjoyed talking to Martini but he still felt a little uncomfortable. In addition he realized he really should be saving the few bits he had. Who knows what expenses could come up between now and when he sold his gems.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Martini Paradise just snickered as she watched her patrons' reactions to her strange tale of the eccentric earth pony wanderer known as the "Doctor". She shrugged a little at the end - it did sound strange and skimpy on the details. "Yeah, I know - it doesn't make a whole lotta sense; just one of those once in a lifetime encounters I suppose. Probably will never see him again."

As she listened to the two stallions talk about Griffins, politics, and opportunities, she followed along as best she could, even if it just made her feel a little lost. It didn't help that those coy smiles Brazil kept shooting her kept her horribly distracted. He was definitely flirting with her, and he was being rather brazen about it, especially when he passed his now empty glass back to her. Not that she minded, not one single bit. It was nice to be seen as desirable, especially from such a charming stallion.

Upon hearing Brazil having to take his leave, Martini felt a little saddened, but it was very close to closing time anyway, and it had been a good day. What really caught her off-guard was the dashing earth pony's parting words inviting her back to his office sometime. Did ... did he just give me a "come up to my place and see me sometime" line?! Martini felt a hot flush rush across her face. She didn't know what to say at first, as she was more used to being disappointed than catching some pony's eye like this, "M-maybe I will!" Well, of COURSE she would, but she didn't want to sound too enthusiastic!

She waved, smiling, trying not to blush too much as Brazil left. She turned to Ashton who mentioned his intentions to leave as well. "You are welcome to stay a little longer if you wish, but I have to say it is the last call of the night, so if you want another drink..", she winked with a renewed jubilation in her voice.

• 3 weeks later...

((OoC: Sorry about taking so long with this. Got caught up in the running and the start of classes again. Unfortunately Ashton doesn't have much to say about Martini/Brazil shipping since that went completely over his head.))

"Really?" he turned his head to the entrance noticing the lack of light coming from outside. "I really should get going then. I'll be leaving at dawn and I should really get enough sleep." He didn't mention the fact that he wanted to keep his hooves on his bits he had. He gulped down the rest of his drink and stood up.

"I probably won't be coming back this way unfortunately, but if you ever stop in Rockwington you're welcome to visit." he offered. Sadly he thought it was unlikely. Why would a pony like her visit a city like Rockwington? "Thank you though. For listening I mean." He couldn't really express it in words but it was nice to just have sompony to listen.