NeilWacaster

Roleplay Type: Fim/Show Roleplay

Name: Newsworthy

Species: Pegasus

Coat Color: Light Blue

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Short, wavy, silver

Eye Color: Radiant blue

Cutie Mark: Open scroll, with red quill

Physique: A bit small, rather bookish, so not much muscle.

Origin: Solstice Heights. Has a pleasant English accent.

Occupation: Reporter, owner of an independent newspaper, the Ponyville Express. He has also published several popular books.

Motivation: Newsworthy loves being in the middle of all the action.

Likes: Books and libraries, classical music, newspapers, science. He enjoys being his own boss and loves to bring order out of chaos. He really likes the Apple family's cider, it's a bit of an addiction. He has a secret desire to be an actor.

Dislikes: Rather prudish at times, he dislikes getting his hooves dirty. He hates submitting to the control of others.

Character Summary:

Born in the little hamlet of Solstice Heights, Newsworthy was a bright, inquisitive foal from the start. He felt cramped in his small mountain home, and so left for higher studies in Canterlot at a much earlier age than most ponies. Although the classes were perfect for his agile mind, he found social life to be rather difficult, seeing that he was smaller and more awkward than the others. He buried himself in his books, trying to escape from the pain he felt inside. Fortunately, he signed up to report for his school's newspaper on a whim, and found his life's calling. When he put on his reporter's cap, he found that people respected him. He suddenly was in control, confident. As if this wasn't enough confirmation, his cutie mark soon appeared, an open scroll with an inked scarlet quill. His skills were noticed by one of the most prestigious newspapers in Canterlot while he was still an older colt. His time working for Canterlot Daily was a huge honor and helped him hone his skills as a reporter and writer. However, he found his supervisor oppressive, and so this experience taught him that he wanted to work for himself, and start his own newspaper.

It has been some time since N.W. graduated from university, and he has matured from a colt to a young stallion. His newspaper is finally picking up a readership after much arduous labor. His bestselling books on science have also helped build his reputation around Equestria. His most popular title is "The Skeptic's Guide to Science," which is widely acclaimed as the best way to learn science from a witty, engaging perspective.

You'll find Newsworthy in the middle of all the action, wherever the scoop is to be found. In fact, I think you just missed him. He just set off on his latest adventure.

2iiac5d.png

S9Xmt.jpg

i_might_love_my_job__but____by_misteraibo-d518qcr.png

let__s_find_something_newsworthy__by_misteraibo-d4z00y4.png

newsworthy_and_persnickety_by_drawponies-d57wmne.jpg

i_tried_by_pumpkinpandas-d594gc8.png

newsworthy_the_colt_by_drawponies-d58q3x1.jpg

some_flowers_for_persnickety_by_drawponies-d58u3tb.jpg

persnickety_and_newsworthy_to_to_a_play_by_drawponies-d55a5l7.jpg

Hiya, nice application you got here! I see this is WIP, so here are some ideas ^_^

You can remove [Pegasus] from the title since the tag already puts it there :)

Also, try not to make year/date references, since we don't know exactly how ponies age in Equestria or how long a year even is :!: Try measurements of age based more off of stages like Foal, Colt, Older Colt, Younger Colt, Stallion, etc. or based off of important events.

Lastly, I'm not sure Richard Hitchens is name you would normally find on a normal pony in Equestria.

Hiya, nice application you got here! I see this is WIP, so here are some ideas ^_^

You can remove [Pegasus] from the title since the tag already puts it there :)

Also, try not to make year/date references, since we don't know exactly how ponies age in Equestria or how long a year even is :!: Try measurements of age based more off of stages like Foal, Colt, Older Colt, Younger Colt, Stallion, etc. or based off of important events.

Lastly, I'm not sure Richard Hitchens is name you would normally find on a normal pony in Equestria.

I can't figure out how to edit the title, despite my best efforts. :P EDIT: figured it out! Yay.

Thanks very much for telling me that about the dates, I just changed that.

Also, thanks for the feedback about the name. I would prefer to keep it if possible, just because it pays homage to my two favorite authors, Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens, and these two men were partly what inspired my character design. However, if I need to change it I can. :)

Okay, to edit the main title you just use the Full Editor option located on the bottom right. The RP Helpstaff have final say on the name. However, I do have this nice link about it ^_^ http://www.canterlot...application-r14

Thanks so much for your help, and for that link, great information. I mean, I could change the name to Richard Reporter or some such. Maybe his hobby is making hitches ... :) IDK. Sooo.... now do I just wait for a mod to come and approve or disapprove? Or is there something else I need to do?

Reporter-book-pony awww~ He kind of reminds me of Tintin! A secret desire to be an actor, too? He and my playwright/actress Pegasus should totally hang out sometime.

Anywho, I saw you asked for a second opinion in your intro thread, and I figured I'd give it here where it'd be a bit more proper of me to do so. c: I think Winter basically hit the nail on the head with all the stuff I'd be nitpicky about, though. As for name ideas, maybe something that would relate to his reporter/literature affinities?

Sooo.... now do I just wait for a mod to come and approve or disapprove? Or is there something else I need to do?

Alright, the acceptance process now. When you are good and ready, the first thing you need to do is set the title brackets that contain WIP to contain FINAL. At this point, it is marked for the higher powers that be to come down and assess it. After you have fixed or explained anything they are concerned about, and it gets the "Assessed by Luna Authority" stamp, it will move on to the accepted apps area, but not be sorted into a category. At this point, you just need to wait for an even higher power (like Skye) to make sure everything works right and give it the final stamp ^_^ Nice, easy process to make sure the RP characters work out as well as possible :D

Reporter-book-pony awww~ He kind of reminds me of Tintin! A secret desire to be an actor, too? He and my playwright/actress Pegasus should totally hang out sometime.

Anywho, I saw you asked for a second opinion in your intro thread, and I figured I'd give it here where it'd be a bit more proper of me to do so. c: I think Winter basically hit the nail on the head with all the stuff I'd be nitpicky about, though. As for name ideas, maybe something that would relate to his reporter/literature affinities?

We should indeed hang out, Ms. Persnickety.

I agree about the name, that probably would be just what Dr. Whooves ordered. Hmmm. I will have to consider this carefully.

Alright, the acceptance process now. First, you need to set the title brackets that contain WIP to contain FINAL. At this point, it is marked for the higher powers that be to come down and assess it. After you have fixed or explained anything they are concerned about, and it gets the "Assessed by Luna Authority" stamp, it will move on to the accepted apps area, but not be sorted into a category. At this point, you just need to wait for an even higher power (like Skye) to make sure everything works right and give it the final stamp ^_^ Nice, easy process to make sure the RP characters work out as well as possible :D

Awesome! Thank you so much for the clear explanation. I know that there's a lot of newbies, and I'm sure we all have the same questions. You must be a very patient pony.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but we already have an Inkblot (Belongs to SirShadowDeath).

Unfortunately, that means you're going to have to give this character a namechange.

EDIT (to avoid bumping this thread higher up on the list - RP staff usually checks the Final-tagged stuff that's at the end of the list of threads first) :

Newsworthy is n excellent name, good choice!

Don't keep posting in your own thread, bro. The RP staff actually checks the threads tagged 'final' at the end of the list of applications first, so that the oldest ones get attention first. Most applications get assessed within about three to seven days, and after that they get approved in an additional two to five days.

Don't keep posting in your own thread, bro. The RP staff actually checks the threads tagged 'final' at the end of the list of applications first, so that the oldest ones get attention first. Most applications get assessed within about three to seven days, and after that they get approved in an additional two to five days.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know!