ponies and their counterparts in other stories.

synkyd

Who, in your opinon, is the real life or fictional counterpart to any of the shows charaters? Personaly, I think Raity with her ram-rod posture and obsessiveness of staying clean, seems to have a biit of sheldon from big bang theory running through her, excluding his nerdeness, of course. Iron will seems to be a combo of Duke nukem for an over sized ego and a take-no-crap responce, and (perhaps alittle too obviously) Billy Mays for salesponying.

Iron Will is totally Mr Satan from DBZ

Twilight is a lot closer to Sheldon than Rarity is, without the OCDness.

Though really... the mane 6 are character archtypes. They are seen in many shows all over. RD is the tomboyish athlete, AJ is the friendly country gal, fluttershy is the well... shy one...

I have too much fun working out which Primarch (Warhammer 40k) each of the mane six is, and apparently I'm not the only one. In my opnion: Twilight is most like either Magnus the Red or Guilliman, Fluttershy is either Sanguinius or Leman Russ, Rainbow Dash is most like Jaghatai Khan, Rarity is Fulgrim, Applejack is Rogal Dorn, and Pinkie Pie is the unknown factor. She might be Leman Russ, and I've seen her portrayed as Lorgar, but both are stretching it a little.