Marooned by the King of Chaos [OPEN]

OCC: Discord and Newsworthy are RPing an unusual encounter in an alternate world. Anypony is welcome to join, as long as it fits with the story. Feel free to play as a character other than your standard. Forum rules apply, and no 18+ content please. RP starts below.

ringworld_ocean.jpg

With a puff of smoke, the stallion found himself somewhere he didn't recognize in the slightest. His head was spinning, and as the smoke cleared, he squinted at the harsh, relentless sun. It appeared that he was on an island, with no other land in sight. The ocean was a vibrant, deep blue all around.

This was certainly a disorienting change from his quiet study back in Ponyville. Despite the beautiful scenery, he was very concerned to get back quickly, as the deadline for finishing this week's first edition of his newspaper was just hours away. He had been afflicted with a paralyzing case of writers block recently, and was still stumped as to what should run for the lead story. These concerns slipped from his mind as he started to panic.

"Hello?" he called, apprehensively. "Is anypony there?"

The place was expansive, an endless horizon in any direction. The decent sized ilsand seemingly surrounded only by water. There was something odd that he might observe, several infact. THe sun in the sky never seemed to move from directly above. Though the world seemed flat, out past the endless horizion the land directly east and west curved upwards gradually.~ Hello again, news worthy.... ~a Q like voice would echo through his mind.~ Remember me? ~no matter where he looked there was no source of the voice.

He knew that voice. He knew it all too well. It seemed the malevolent spirit had made it his singular purpose to ruin this one pony's life.

"Discord?" he said through clenched teeth, "What do you want with me? Show yourself!" He pawed at the ground, angrily.

~ Hahahahahaawwwww! ~ The familiar laugh would echo omni directionally. ~ What do you think.... pony. Amusement. I want a good laugh, a little game. And... if you survive it. You get your wish.... You remember your wish donchew? ~Soon discord would appear before him floating in the sky resting on a floating pillow. His form was much more heavily muscled then history would of remembered of him.

His pupils shrank as he remembered his hastily spoken wish. He laughed, trying to make it sound as if it were nothing. "Oh that? Empty words spoken in the heat of the moment."

Although outwardly he tried to keep his cool, his mind was racing. The opportunity to see what my life would have been without all those years of heartache? Oh sweet Celestia, what I wouldn't give to know that ...

But, despite the tempting promise, he knew never to trust this monster. After thinking for a minute, Newsworthy decided to go along with Discord's game, telling himself that he was just doing it to get back home.

Trembling only slightly, he raised his gaze to look directly at the draconequus. Those yellow eyes with the blood red pupils were mirthful, but at the same time, horrifying.

"All right, Discord. I'll play along." His eyes narrowed. "Do your worst."

*he smiled as he floated up there in the air stairing down at him like a scientist would a bug under a microscope." Do you know where your at right now? Only the most grand artifact in all of the galaxy. Ring world is what it is always called by its discoverers here and there. With a inhabitable surface of over 30 billion earths it would take EONS to explore it and all the secrets it holds. The game is simple, the reward a chance to live again. All you have to do is escape ring world. "he snaps his fingers and if he had any wings and a horn theyed poof from existence.

He turned his head sharply to look at where his wings used to be, gasping with surprise. His back tingled from the magic spell, and he felt completely naked without the feathers he was used to (not that he usually wore any clothing other than his reporter's cap, but it's just an expression).

Newsworthy had heard legends of Ring World and the few powerful mages from long ago who had discovered it. They had unearthed an even more ancient spell which transported them here, and ballads were still sung of the monsters they had battled. He seemed to recall that only one ever returned, and when he did, he was raving mad. That didn't bode well.

"I know how much you love to riddle your victims, Discord. Are you going to give me some type of clue before I begin?" Newsworthy asked.

He would chuckle as he would float on down to the ground. His dragon and horse feet and hoof taking turn as he paced around him." Ho intriguing, a book still exists in your cute little library mentioning this place? "he chuckles to himself leaning his head back. He then re levels his gaze to the pony, his form as thick and powerful looking as it was and how tall he was to the pony would perhaps be intimidating" A riddle wanted, a clue desired. An artifact haunted, A compass required. Adventure awaits you across the sea, Places to find leads to sights to see. But of all the sites only one is best, To find this place will surely test. But of-course my little horse, once a path is chosen, you should... stay the course. Or forever you will be, frozen out here at sea. "he then laughs as he floats up into the air vanishing from sight and sound. His laugh shifting to omni directional as it soon faded from his ears. Now he was there all alone on a decently size island with thickly dispersed palms.

[Hi there mind if I join?]

Smarty Quills sat up and saw a terrified pony in front of him.He was on an island to.He was completly confused which was not a usal feeling for this smart pony.Quills looked around dunmbfounded.Then he talked to the pony beside him."Excuse me sir.Do you know why I'm here?What happened?".The shy unicorn used his magic to clean off his glasses.

As Discord vanished, Newsworthy began to repeat the riddle to himself to help him remember. As he recited, he thought carefully about each piece.

A riddle wanted, a clue desired. I suppose that just refers to my asking for this confounded riddle.

An artifact haunted, A compass required. An artifact. Hmm... In a lot of stories, haunted artifacts are found in caves or tombs, so I suppose I'll keep my eyes peeled for such a structure. As for a compass, that could be the artifact, and it could be a literal compass, or maybe it is symbolic of some other type of device to give me direction, like a stone pointing north, or some such.

Adventure awaits you across the sea, Places to find leads to sights to see. Clearly that means the way out of this place is to sail away. I dearly hope I can find a boat or something else that floats, because it would be very difficult to make a boat out of these palms without any tools. Drat! If only I had my wings!

But of all the sites only one is best, To find this place will surely test. Sounds like I could end up in any number of places once I get off of this island, but only one is where I must go, and be somehow tested.

But of-course my little horse, once a path is chosen, you should... stay the course. So no going back once I've made a decision ... I'll need to carefully weigh each choice.

Or forever you will be, frozen out here at sea.

As he finished the poem, the last line gave him chills. Being stuck here, forever? Perhaps frozen in stone ... what a fate.

He thought for a few minutes about what to do. First, he needed to get his bearings, so the compass was first priority. Finding the artifact should come next, followed by some mode of transport across the ocean.

Now if I were a compass, where would I be? He wondered. Perhaps I can find some type of settlement and buy one from a merchant. Then again, I don't even know if there are ponies, or Celestia knows what else, on this forsaken rock.

He decided that if anything, there would be a settlement on the shore. Just as he was about to set off, he suddenly realized that another pony had appeared beside him.

"I know as little as you, my friend." The pony looked absolutely distraught. "The name's Newsworthy, and it's certainly good to see another pony here."

Blinking several times, Geary looked around as he wondered to himself if what he was seeing was real. The last thing he remembered, he had been working on creating a portable soda dispenser that would be able to dish out whatever soda a pony was craving for at the moment. The next thing he knew, he was now standing on a beach in the middle of nowhere. He was all alone in this strange empty world..and it frightned him. Gulping, he coughed "Ahem, he..hello" he called out, praying that somepony would answer his call. Yet he recieved no answer. Calling out more loudly now, he was greeted only with the sound of his own echo. Grunting, he muttered to himself "Okay Geary, no need to panic. Your in some strange place with no pony around, and the only one here is you...what do I do". The teenage colt ran a hoof through his mane, as he suddenly the ocean tide that was before him started to change into...root beer? Staring at the soda ocean, he asked with disbeief "W..whaaaaa"?

[i'm going to hold off on posting until the guy who plays Discord gets back ... he said he'd be back online later tonight. He's quite the character, so you may want to add him as a friend to see when he's online to orchestrate his little puzzle. Until then, enjoy the chaos, my little ponies!]

Smarty Quills introduced himself to the earth pony (or so he thought.)Then he put his glasses back on.Then he noticed something was wrong.His horn was gone!"Oh no!My horn is gone!The only thing that made me a unicorn!The only thing that gave me money!!!!!"Smarty Quills fell to the ground in pure terror.This is complete chaos! He thought.

[see what I did there?]

2254.jpg Minus the people.

The beach was a pretty sight for the eyes. To the left was some rock up cropping, to the right it bent around and lead to a view of the open ocean, as the front as well. But, to the rear there was a pathway. A pathway? There was at one point sentience here, wither there still is or not is to be debated. Though a second glance t words the rocky area to the left showed there was a path as well. Were they would go from there was all up to them.

After introducing himself to the second pony who had appeared, he said "I don't know about you both, but my quest is set. I will be looking for the things that foul dragon Discord mentioned in his riddle. You are welcome to join me or find your own way."

As he looked around, his heart surged with hope when he saw the paths.

"Oh thank Celestia. It looks as if there's at least some sign of life here. What do you think, friends? Shall we see where one of these leads?"

Hidden in one of the roadside bushes, a Pony with what looked like a gas mask and a hooded heavy coat with the emblem of a Red crescent moon and a star on his coat sleeve was watching the stallion light blue coat with intent. . He happened to have a broken horn, similar to a certain musical pony. He had an axe on his belt and had numerous scars on him "Come here ya git... Uncle Syd has a nice little surprise for ya..." He said under his breath with a cockney accent.

Newsworthy briefly described what Discord had said about this place. "So you see," he finished, "Discord has brought us here for some purpose. He's explained to me why I'm here, but I'd rather not discuss that at the moment. We have much more pressing issues on our hooves."

He nodded his head toward the path behind him, heading through the forest. "Why don't we try that one?"

So he chose the path behind him. As the blue pony mister newsworthy would travel along he would for the most part find the path almost perfectly straight back. There would be the normal sounds of wild life, birds, insects, what have you. A constant chorus in the background as he made his way possibly to cross paths with a black pony named syd. Who knew.

But regardless for latter reference. This is what lays at the end of the trail. It isent to terribly far away.

Riven_earth.jpg

Syd leaped out, jumping on top of the interloper pinning him to the ground. Hiss face was covered in a black gas mask that had glowing green lenses that hid his eyes, and a military style coat covered most of his body and his haunches where his cutie mark would be. His dark brown mane was singed slightly and he had numerous scars over his body "Are you one of those Solar Empire foals? Answer me now, or hold your peace..." A magic aura surrounded his axe on his belt, and it seemed that he was about to draw it if he did not get an answer. On his belt buckle was a familiar mark, the same as the one Syd had.

"Unhoof me you ruffian! Neither I nor my people have any quarrel with you!" Newsworthy tried to escape the soldier's stranglehold, but to no avail. Seeing Syd's cutie mark emblem on the soldier's belt, he exclaimed, "Syd!? Is that you? What are you doing here?"

"Who! Who are your people dammit, and how do you know me? What am I doing here, well why don't you tell me first Solar scum...." This version of Syd was quite unlike the Syd that Newsworthy knew. The Syd he knew was a kind hearted and friendly stallion, who lived life to help others and play music for his fans. This Syd however, was quite unlike the one he knew. This one seemed to be quite shellshocked by whatever conflict he was invoved in and he believed that he was still fighting, although he is far from his version of equestria.

Solar Empire? What in Equestria is he talking about? Syd's hoof was digging painfully into his shoulder, and he noticed with horror that he was about to draw a disturbingly sharp-looking battle axe.

Out of his growing fear, he spoke rapidly. "I have no idea what you're talking about, but believe me, I mean you no harm. I clearly cannot pose any threat to you, as you have weapons and I am entirely unarmed. Let me up, and I think we can come to an understanding."

Syd realised that this stallion was unarmed after giving him a quick look over. He raised his hoof, as he would not hurt a civilian, even if they were part of the Solar Empire. It was against his morals. He began to loosen the gas mask restraints that held it tightly to his head. His face had a large scar that ran across his face and left eye, and the pupil itself was white, revealing that he was blind in one eye, possibly from the conflicts in his universe. Syd helped the stallion up, simply stating "So what is your story mate..." Syd got a better look at the Stallion and realized that he had sided with the Solar Empire in the Schism, but he did not look like he did in the war, he was not a volunteer, but part of the home guard that Celestia created when the war started. Syd stopped thinking about that dark time, as it only brought back bad memories for himself.