Marooned by the King of Chaos [OPEN]

Newsworthy stood, rolling his shoulder to try to ease the pain. "I am an humble journalist from the fair land of Equestria. I have been sent here by the wicked draconequus Discord for some type of test before I can go back home. As I would have said if you'd taken time to ask, I am an ardent pacifist. I believe that there should be no war on any world, at any time." Taking another look at Syd, he said, "It pains me deeply to see that you have been injured in some type of conflict." This is exactly why we should avoid war at all costs, he thought, remembering the kind, musically talented Syd from back in Equestria. Was this the same pony he knew? Whether it was or not, where had this monster who stood before him come from? Afraid of what the answer might be, he asked, "First, is there a war being fought nearby? And then, I would appreciate it if you would return my favor and tell me your story."

Oh dear Celestia, if Discord just dropped us in the middle of a war zone, this challenge is going to be orders of magnitude harder than I thought.

[Guys mind if I ask a question?]

Smarty Quills was now back to his calm self.He introduced himself to the new pony."Hello there friend!I'm Smarty Quills and I'm from Ponyville but just got transported here.So do you know anything about this......island?"Smarty Quills looked around un confromidly he hated being clueless.

*unrelated to there scene at hand, directly. Discord would be watching through a large pool of something. Curled up on a dark looking cloud as he tilted his head and curiously watched newsworthy find himself with several others from equestria. The image like unto someone sitting on there couch watching a TV.

There is no new enviro GM information to add as no further investigation or progress along a path made.

Syd heard the stallion say something about if there was a war around here, which made Syd chuckle. "A war... here, I seriously doubt it. It is too quiet for that to be a possibility." He pulled out a pack of chewing gum that he kept in his coat pocket in order to calm his nerves when necessary and ate a piece." Now you want to here my story, well I'm not going to go into my entire life story, but I'll tell you what I think you need to know. Firstly, I was a happy stallion in Trottingham, a carpenter who was quite sucessful, and had no quarrels with anypony. This changed when Princess Luna decided to split herself off from her sister entirely, something that did not bode well with Celestia. Long story short, Celestia moblized an army of recruits and ordered a stop to the rebellion, thus erupting into utter chaos in the town. I lost many friends as well as my home, and personal belongings."

"Having nothing left, I enlisted and we fought our way to Canterlot for many months and eventually we found ourselves on the winning side of the war. Now me and my unit were pushing into Celestia's castle when we made it to the garden and began destroying all evidence of what was Celestia's reign. We found ourselves destroying statues, and one such statue that was destroyed happened to have that thing named Discord sealed in it. He teleported me here, for Luna knows what reason. I assume he is waiting so he can use me as a tool in the future."

With a shock, the thought occurred to Newsworthy that he was probably speaking to a Syd from an alternate reality. Awfully 'convenient' that Discord exists in both worlds.

"How dreadful. I'm so sorry to hear that you had that experience. Again, I reiterate, war is a horrible, horrible thing, and it clearly has taken its toll on you. But we all must put our pasts and prejudices behind us if we're going to get out of here. Will you join me on my quest to leave this accursed place?"

He extended his right front hoof for a shake, hoping the stallion would join him. The survival skills of a soldier would likely be most useful.

Smarty Quills put his hoof up to his mouth.He was too horrified by Syd's story to even gasp.He sat down on the ground.Canterlot was being destroyed by these stupid warriors.His own hometown was his parents okay?Smarty Quills got up with renewed hatred for this pony."I'm going!By my self I can't stand to be around this stupid selfish arrogant warrior!"He walked away.

For Smarty Quills.

As smarty quills walked away from the group there was only two directions to go. Down to the clearing or back to the beach.

The trail there on...

176sun-lightofForest-m487.jpg

Or ofcourse he could wonder aimlessly in the woods. Who knows what hed find there!

Smarty Quills chose the woods since tree's made his living as being a writer.He walked in he looked around thinking."What now Quills?What am I going to do know?"Smarty Quills was sad.He walked on.Then he heard deep laughter that sent chills up his spine then a voice in his head.Come my little pony.Come see me and your greatest wish will be granted.It'll be fine I could do anything for you.

Geary was torn on waht to do as he watched Smarty Quills stomp off in a huff. The pony clearly didnt want to be around the war pony, and he was having similar feelings. That didnt mean that they should seperate in a world run by Discord. "He can probably read my mind or something.." Geary thought, abit nervous at the aspect that noithing he thought was safe. Staring ahead, he thoguht "Maybe I should take my own path and see where it takes me..or..gah!! What should I do"!?!

To smarty Quills

forest-buildings-futuristic-Sci_Fi_Landscape_by_angerface.jpg

Smarty would end up across a large open space. Sorta. Lotta tall and strange trees. Somewhere in all that mess would be a cave, a trail leading straight into it. The wild life there was truly strange and exotic. Would he explore this cave? As it seemingly and gently whispered in his mind for him to approach.

krawk_dark_cave.gif

Smarty Quills looked around the huge open space.Then he heard the voice again.You see that cave Quills?Go in it it's the right thing to do.Smarty assumed that the voice was his consience.He stopped himself he never geussed or assumed unless he had to.But then he decided that did have to geuss on this strange island.

To smarty Quills.

As Smarty quills enters teh cave the pony is presented two possible directions. Strange looking moss grows along the walls and water runs along the center of the floor into the place. Hed get a strange and haunting fealing about it all the farther he gets the stronger it gets.

To newsworthy.

Well newsworthy was not really going anywhere. And discord was growing bored as ye yawned floating on a cloud overlooking the looking bowel from where ever he was. He snaps his finger as off in the distance something happens. A strange howel is heard as a shadow square drifts closer and closer to provide the end of the day cycle to there area. Night was soon to come.

Smarty Quills hated this haunting feeling.He looked at the moss more closley and relized thathe had never seen moss like this before.The haunting feeling almost overwhelmed him right then and there.He shivered even though the cave was pretty warm from humdity.He looked around nervously he had to keep going forward.

So. he kept going forward without defining a path to go. The left was more naturally lined up with the curves of the main path so that's where hed prolly end up. Closer inspection fo the moss would show it had little buds that glowed a faint green, and would illuminate part of his way in until glowing mushrooms would take over the glow from there in a more blue and purple light. And the further in the more stone like word smarty would see, as if starting to enter some ruin or the likes.