Human(s) in Equestria

It's an interesting topic for a fan fiction when it's set in a universe where the existence of people is none and the artist's impression on how characters within the universe react to such a sudden and potentially confusing event. Plus all the other reasons listed in this thread.

A fanfic worth checking out in my opinion is below.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7721108/1/What_Separates

I'm currently writing a story about a human messenger who stumbles upon Equestria while travelling back to Hominopolis, his native country, to deliver some vital information to the king. It keeps the original show's light-hearted humour and wit, while expanding on the mythology and world of the show and asking important questions about the cultures and ethical practises of both Equestria and Hominopolis, the latter of which mirrors our world's morals. There's also plenty of action near the end, so it's not all ponies and Plato.

Anyone interested in sampling the first chapter?

Im unsure. If humans were to be introduced in season 3, like a human main character; it would only work if it was done right; and not wasnt just a self insert. That would be extremtly difficult however.

Meh, it's a sketchy subject regarding the show from my point of view. But like you'd say it'd be very difficult to introduce properly.

I'm currently writing a story about a human messenger who stumbles upon Equestria while travelling back to Hominopolis, his native country, to deliver some vital information to the king. It keeps the original show's light-hearted humour and wit, while expanding on the mythology and world of the show and asking important questions about the cultures and ethical practises of both Equestria and Hominopolis, the latter of which mirrors our world's morals. There's also plenty of action near the end, so it's not all ponies and Plato.

Anyone interested in sampling the first chapter?

i am

While Humans in Equestria is kinda cool (sometimes) there's actually an entire group dedicated to the OPPOSITE, putting the Equestrians on Earth. It's called Ponyfall and some of them are quite good (namely, the Celestia and Luna ones).

Back on topic, done right, some HiE fics are entertaining. Then again, the few that I've read are how I would write anyway (see: Completely taking everything in stride despite everything weird happening, specifically BEING IN EQUESTRIA) so I'm not really the best judge here.

• 2 weeks later...

HiE is actually the only type of FIMfiction I read. It just has so much potential, although 90% of the stories I read don't quit reach it. Considering for the most part it just being a self insert of a guy living out his dreams in Ponyvile. But when you do find that jem among these you're in for quit a read. There's actually a really juicy one I'm reading right now, that combines realism and fantasy really well.

• 3 weeks later...

Are the Conversion Bureaus "human in Equestria" fics ? Or a genre on their own ? I love those.

Anyways, it depends on how good the writer is. I've seen some interesting self-insert human in Equestria stories, a bunch of strange ideas, and a few HiE fics I really really like (Article II comes to mind). And a number of terrible ones. The type of the story never tell anything about its quality, and it's the quality that count in the end.