[Trottingham] Adventure!: New Towns, New Friends! [PM for Invite!]

AlisonRose

MistyMagic.png

The petite unicorn mare smiled at the actions of Fiddlesticks and the words of encouragement from Filthy Rich. Most of the townsfolk (her own sister being a notable exception to the rule) usually treated Misty with either fear or disdain. She was not used to hearing words of comfort in her hometown.

[colour=#800080]"Thank you both for your kind words," [/colour]Misty said with a grin. [colour=#800080]"I will try not to do anything wrong tonight, I promise!"[/colour]

Now her concern turned towards Mr. Rich's needs. His tie was soaking wet and he may not have had dinner yet like Misty and Fiddlesticks had. Entering their room together, Misty took a seat on a chair on the far side of the room.

[colour=#800080]"Oh Mr. Rich, has you had supper? If you haven't, it'll be very difficult to get to my sister's restaurant with all that rain pouring down outside. Oh, I wish there was something here that you could have for supper." [/colour]

As she spoke, unknown to her, her horn began to glow. When she finished speaking, instantly a round wooden table appeared in the center of the room, loaded with various items such as a kettle of hot tomato soup with hot dinner rolls and a large bowl with the fixings of a tossed salad in it. Misty gave out a scream of fear when she saw the table that even had enough bowls, plates, silverware and chairs to comfortably seat all three of them.

[colour=#800080]"Oh no! I did it again! I'm so sorry...."[/colour]

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiddlestickspostbanner3.png

With a nod and a slight giggle Fiddlesticks moved her way over to Misty and gave her a gently rub on her head with a hoof.

[colour=#008000]"I don't know why you are so sad Misty, you did nothin wrong here and in fact it looks like you made enough food for us to have a feast. I see nothing that you need to be upset over."[/colour] She giggles again and sits down in one of the chairs and flips her mane out of her face and set her hat on the bed next to her, normally she wouldn't have taken it off for supper but it was in the company of friends and a rather well off stallion who would most likely find it rude for her to have her hat on at the dinner table. She giggled and reached out and pulled out Misty's chair and Filthy's chair hoping that they would sit down and join her for some nice afternoon dinner.

[colour=#008000]"So Mr. Rich you never did tell me what you were in town for. You know why I am here so it only seems fitting that you sit down and talk to us like the proper stallion you are."[/colour] She lets out another giggle as she arches her back in the chair for a bit trying to stretch her muscles a bit.

v3gfue.jpg

Filthy Rich was astonished to see that Misty Magic accidently managed to summon an entire dinner set inside the room. How did her magic work anyway? Shouldn’t the lady be exhausted from all those spells? And one other thing; [colour=#8b4513]“I don't mean to be rude, but does magically-summoned food taste as good as the real thing?”[/colour] Mr. Rich hoped that magic didn’t cause food to taste odd, since this would have to be his dinner.

Taking a seat, the stallion readily replied to the request from Fiddlesticks; [colour=#8b4513]“Ah, I’m actually in town because one of my old college buddies opened a new discount store here in Trottingham. Since I own a similar store in Ponyville, it was only natural for me to drop by and wish it well.”[/colour] With that, Filthy proceeded to stare at the food, unsure whether it was actually decent to eat or not.....

MistyMagic.png

Misty Magic began to calm down. Yes, her magic had once again misfired, but this time, it was actually a good thing. Smiling widely, the petite unicorn mare took her seat at the table and began to dine with her new friends.

[colour=#800080]"Well, I certainly hope that both of you are enjoying your time here in Trottingham," [/colour]she said as she fixed a plate and started eating. [colour=#800080]"And to answer your question, Mr. Rich, this food tastes fine. Everytime my magic produces something to eat, it's always edible. So Mr. Rich, you are successful at retail selling? That's fascinating! Fiddlesticks here is a successful musician! Perhaps I am out of place among you both, since I can't seem to master my own magical abilities. I mean, it's not like I've ever won a trophy for my efforts..." [/colour]

Immediately, realizing too late what she set into motion, Misty slapped both front hooves over her mouth. Instantly, in a flash of bright light, a tall four foot golden trophy appeared on the floor next to the dinner table. It was tall, and appeared to be made of solid gold.

[colour=#800080]"Oh no!" [/colour]Misty quipped, [colour=#800080]"I did it again!"[/colour]

Fiddlesticks nodded her head in agreement as she started to put some food on her plate with a huge smile on her face at the trophy Misty made for herself.

[colour=#008000]"It's rather cute darling, nothing to be ashamed of."[/colour] She grinned even more and patted Misty gently on the head trying to at least make her take a seat and eat with them.

[colour=#008000]"So Mr. Rich, other then that prospect of a business partner you must have surely heard that there is a concert being played in the Music hall this Friday."[/colour] She giggled and slid a brochure towards him that so disgreatly had her name among several others that would be preforming there with her. [colour=#008000]"Surely if you find time you should come out and see the groups preform, it will be a spectical to be seen for sure."[/colour] She was trying her best to make it sound as appealing to him as she could without making it sound like he had to come. It would be nice for her to have at least some adequateness in the crowed to make it less awkward while she played her three piece set.

v3gfue.jpg

Still unsure about the magically-summoned food, Filthy Rich tentatively reached for a dinner roll. Taking a bite into it, the brown stallion thought that the piece of bread was... alright. It wasn’t horrible by any stretch of the imagination, but it was a bit bland as well. No doubt, the dinner roll lacked the tender love and care that could only be provided by an actual chef. In the wide wide world of Equestria, there were just some things that the most powerful magic could never hope to accomplish.

Like it or not however, this would be Mr. Rich’s dinner tonight, and so he accepted the situation like the gracious stallion he was and made himself a bowl of tomato soup. [colour=#8b4513]“I must say Misty,”[/colour] he happily offered despite his other misgivings; [colour=#8b4513]“I didn’t think it was possible to eat magic food until tonight. You did a fine job here, miss.”[/colour]

Momentarily distracted by the appearance of a trophy, Filthy went back to his soup while looking at the brochure Fiddlesticks provided him; [colour=#8b4513]“Actually, I planned on heading back home to Ponyville tomorrow... but I can always get a train-ride back to Trottingham on Friday.”[/colour] Sensing that there was an obvious reason why a musician like Fiddlesticks would be asking ponies to attend the concert, Mr. Rich next asked; [colour=#8b4513]“I take it you’ll be playing at this concert Fiddlesticks?”[/colour]

MistyMagic.png

Misty Magic, somewhat relieved that her two new friends didn't make a big deal about the big trophy she accidentially conjured up. So without any further fanfare, she made it vanish. Then the petite unicorn mare looked at the tomato soup Filthy Rich was enjoying, so she poured herself a bowl and started to eat it.

[colour=#800080]"You're playing a concert here on Friday, that's great!" [/colour]she neighed, [colour=#800080]"I will certainly come and listen! I love music!"[/colour]

Then she turned towards Filthy Rich.

[colour=#800080]"Thank you, Mr. Rich. I'm happy you're enjoying all this food. So you're going to stay an extra day in the city? That's wonderful! I know you're love it here. I sure do!"[/colour]

It had been a long day and Fiddlesticks was plum tuckered from all the work that she had already done today and eating with her friends or more so new acquaintances was well worth it as she dug into her bowl of soup. As Filthy spoke up about the concert and Misty added in her two bits it made it clear that they were both going to come and enjoy the music.

[colour=#008000]"Well,"[/colour] Fiddles started, [colour=#008000]"It just so happens that I have two extra tickets just sitting here in my bag. You two wouldn't mind sitting next to each other in the fancy seats would you? You'll have your own little booth to watch the performers from."[/colour] She giggled and slid the two ponies together and smushed their faces together on either side of hers. [colour=#008000]"It will be a most fantastic show for sure!"[/colour] She cheered letting them go and returning herself to eating. She attempted to keep her joy and excitement under wraps as she yipped and nipped at her soup keeping as straight a face as possible.

v3gfue.jpg

[colour=#8b4513]“Yep Miss Magic,”[/colour] replied Filthy Rich;[colour=#8b4513] “I can drop by here again Friday. I sure hope the storm dies down by then. But I don’t imagine that the local weather team would keep it active for more than a day, let alone have it rain on the day of the musical festival.”[/colour] From his experience, weather teams always did their best to schedule storms so that they wouldn’t rain out important events.

Mr. Rich was pleasantly surprised as Fiddlesticks procured two additional tickets for himself and Misty, and the best seats at that. Even though the stallion could have easily afforded such a ticket for himself, Filthy nonetheless saw every reason to express gratitude; [colour=#8b4513]“This ticket is more appreciated, Miss Fiddlesticks. The next time you drop by my store, let me know and I’ll have the cashiers give you a special 80% discount off the total price of your purchases!”[/colour] If there was one thing that the store owner understood, it was that one of the best gifts of all was heavily-discounted (if not outright-free) items.....

MistyMagic.png

[colour=#800080]"Oh thank you, Fiddlesticks!" [/colour]Misty neighed, happily accepting the ticket from her new friend. [colour=#800080]"This is wonderful! I'm really looking forward to your concert! Classical music is very popular here in Trottingham! You'll find you'll have many fans here!"[/colour]

As the petite unicorn mare spoke, her horn glowed and a half dozen fans of various heights and sizes magically appeared in the room. Before she could react, the blades of the fans began to spin.

[colour=#800080]"Oh dear! I didn't mean to do all this! Oh my!" [/colour]Misty neighed as the fans began to blow air throughout the room.

• 3 weeks later...

Fiddlestick's mane sure felt the effects of the fans as soon as they turned on as it seemed to puff out and sprawl all over the place and even strands of it landing in her face causing her to fall over and assume the fainted goat position waiting for the horrors of horrors to be over. There was one thing that she was secretly scared of and it happened to be fans mainly lots of them. As she looked up at the ceiling to see all the fans she began to hyperventilate a bit as she attempted to think of what to do to fix the situation.

[colour=#008000]"Fans, must, be, turned, off."[/colour] Fiddles wasn't able to talk much as her fear clenched her tight and made it hard for her to even move as she tried to crawl over to the nearest fan and pull its cord to turn it off. She would have to do this one at a time unless Misty could somehow turn them all off as quickly as she turned them on but perhaps this would be better left to hoof and not magic since not to be mean but Misty did use her magic to spawn all of these fans.

[colour=#008000]"Fear, of fans, can't move, too scared."[/colour] Was all else she could say as she pulled the cord and almost began to cry as the fan blades sped up and blew more air in her face sending her mane straight back as her eyes opened wide in horror.

v3gfue.jpg

Alright now, this was getting ridiculous. Filthy Rich honestly didn’t know how much longer he could put up with this faulty magic nonsense. As a half-dozen fans made a wreck of the stallion’s pompadour, he questioned whether it had been wise to accept Fiddlesticks invitation in the first place; speaking of her, she appeared to be bizarrely quivering with all the blowing fans around, although Filthy couldn’t hear a word she said over the blaring noise of the fans.

As a stray napkin blew right in his face, Mr. Rich knew something needed to be done now. [colour=#8b4513]“MISTY, CAN YOU GET RID OF THESE FANS?”[/colour] he shouted out loud, hoping that his voice was loud enough to be heard. Filthy would have tried pulling the plugs himself, but Fiddlestick’s attempt at doing so with a fan seemed to have no effect on it. It looked like Misty Magic would have to save the day, somehow.....

MistyMagic.png

Sudden panic seized Misty when she realized how her misguided magic had malfunctioned once again.

[colour=#800080]"Oh my! I'm so sorry! I'll make them all go away!" [/colour]the petite yellow unicorn sighed as her horn glowed briefly and every spinning fan in the room vanished. Feeling guilty and bad, Misty walked over to the bed in the room and sat down, her head bowed low. [colour=#800080]"I'm always messing things up for everypony. No wonder the ponies in this town fear me so much. I'm always putting my hoof in my mouth and..."[/colour]

Instantly, her horn glowed and now her left front hoof was stuck in Misty's mouth, making her panic even more when she couldn't pull it away.

[colour=#800080]"MMMMFFFFFPPPPHHHH! MMMMFFFFPPPPPHHHHH!" [/colour]

xZccN.png

Stormwing only had one rule.

He was a fairly easygoing pony most of the time. Strict rules and order were for those who, like his sister, enjoyed control and stability (but, in Whirligig's case, mostly control). He liked freedom of exp<b></b>ression, and freedom from conformity. Rules were just guidelines - as long as one kept to them more or less, one would be fine.

So how Whirligig had managed to break his one rule he would never know. She was the one who was always on time, always kept her room immaculate, did her chores when asked and had never once seen the inside of the Principal's office.

And yet, she had turned up in Trottingham for a visit on Storm Day.

Nopony bothers Stormwing on Storm Day. On Storm Day, Stormwing has a job to do. On Storm Day, Stormwing is living up to his calling. On Storm Day, Stormwing has his destiny to fulfill.

Rain, to Stormwing, was sweeter than candy. The lightning a beautiful work of art, and the thunder more musical than any symphony. Sometimes he would sit on the clouds above and watch the rain drench the land below, watch the lightning crack and feel the thunder pulse through him like the beating of his heart. Other times, he would immerse himself in the storm, choosing to stand outside under the downpour and feel the Storm embrace him like a big, wet, powerful blanket. To Stormwing, it was blissful.

But before then, before all that, there was the creation. The right combination of electricity-laden clouds, the perfect dash of wind and heavy grey clouds laden with thousands and thousands of drops of rain, cold fronts meeting warm fronts and colliding at just the right moment to set the entire display into motion; this was Stormwing's destiny. This was his talent, his mark, his calling, his life!

"Hey Stormwing," she'd said. "We finished up early at the factory this morning, so I figured I'd come down and visit. You aren't too busy, are you?"

"Whirligig," he'd answered with an unusual edge to his voice, "for pony's sake, it's Storm Day."

To her credit, she'd apologized profusely. And then he'd felt bad for yelling at her. So he agreed to meet up with her later in the week. One of the other weather ponies had told him about a concert that would be playing in town on Friday night. He'd suggested to his sister that the two of them get tickets and see the performance together. She'd agreed, and promised to come back on Friday. He'd even resolved to tidy up his apartment for her visit. He'd been meaning to clean it for the last few weeks now, but had never gotten around to it.

Tonight, however, he was enjoying his storm, his hoofywork (Sort of. It had, of course, been designed by another pony, and then the whole team of Trottingham Weather Pegasi had worked together to prepare the storm. But he liked to think of it as his).

That was why, in the middle of the downpour, while every other pony in the small resort town had fled for shelter, Stormwing was wandering the streets. He was soaked very nearly to the bone, the water pouring off his flank and soaking his feathers. It didn't bother him; not in the least. He lived for this. That and, he knew there was only a half-hour or so left of rain before the clouds would clear out and give way to a calm, still night. After that, it would be a long time before there would be another storm.

He turned down Shutterhill Lane, at the corner of which stood one of the town's many hotels. He would have flown right past it, but something caught his eye in one of the windows. Enthralled as he was by the storm, he was certain that what he'd thought he'd seen out of the corner of his eye couldn't possibly be what was actually there. Could it?

He didn't want to appear creepy, so he tried to casually glance in the window. Of course, once he saw the scene that was playing out on the other side of the glass, he couldn't tear himself away. There were three ponies sitting around a dinner table in a room choc-a-bloc full of fans. Not the squeeing, fainting sort that the Wonderbolts attract after a big air show, but of the spinning, cooling, air-pushing sort.

He blinked once. Twice. Three times. There was still a room full of fans, and three ponies were caught up in the crosswinds. One mare looked especially distraught - she was very pale, and was making feeble attempts to cut the power to the devices. The stallion was doing his best to try to keep a rather dignified air about him, but this appeared to be a rather difficult task given the circumstances; he was proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that one could not possibly appear dignified when one has a napkin on one's face.

The third pony he thought he recognized; unicorn, yellow coat, purple mane. Where had he seen her bef-Aha! She worked in the post office as a mail sorter; he'd said hello to her dozens of times when posting letters back to Cloudsdale, especially back when he'd first moved to town. Now, what was her name? Dusty Magic? Murky Mist? No, Misty Magic, that was it. He'd heard rumours that she had, well, strange magical abilities. That would explain the fans. He was starting to regret sending Whirligig back to Cloudsdale - she would know what to do with a surplus of moving air. He, on the other hoof, was rather clueless. And then, of course, there was the small matter that what he was presently doing - peeping though windows - was generally frowned upon. And thirdly, he was missing out on the last half-hour of his storm.

The Stallion looked to be trying his best to keep his cool, and the other mare's condition seemed to be worsening. She looked the same way like Suntail had that day the two of them accidentally disturbed a nest of bees at Junior Weather Pony camp when they got lost in Whitetail woods - absolutely petrified. Turns out he wasn't actually allergic to bee stings, he was just incredibly apiphobic - that is, irrationally afraid of bees.

Stormwing flew around into the entrance to the hotel and tried to shake as much rainwater from his mane, coat, and feathers as he could, which of course left much of the lobby soaking wet. The hotel staff glared at him.

"Which room is Misty Magic in?" Stormwing asked the receptionist. She told him the room number and he zipped as quickly as he could to the correct door. Please don't be locked he thought to himself. By some small miracle, the door was left slightly ajar, and he could now hear the chaos. He was about to knock on the door when suddenly the whirring stopped. Hmm, they must have managed to get rid of them. Maybe assistance wasn't needed and he didn't need to be a hero. He could go back outside and finish his storm...

[colour=#800080]"I'm always messing things up for everypony. No wonder the ponies in this town fear me so much. I'm always putting my hoof in my mouth - MMMMFFFFFPPPPHHHH! MMMMFFFFPPPPPHHHHH!"[/colour]

Oh dear. That didn't sound good. And also he was now an eavesdropper too. His mother would be disappointed in him. Oh well, too late to turn back now. He rapped loudly on the door without opening it all the way. [colour=#48818c]"I was just outside when I noticed the fans,"[/colour] he called out. [colour=#48818c]"Would you ponies like some help?"[/colour]

Edited by Jane