The Bond of Friendship: 20 years [INVITE ONLY]

Rainy Splash motioned Syd to follow him and he walked slowly to Neon Bright's house.Neons house was two stories high and very small.Even though she was now rich she didn't want anything big and roomy.She lived alone anyway.Even though she had stallions asking her out all the time she always denied.There was only one stallion she wanted to be with.

Rainy walked up to the door with Rainbow right behind him and Syd watching from a safe distance.He knocked on the door and Neon yelled from inside"GO AWAY SYD!!!!I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!"Rainy Splash could tell that that would hurt Syd.But Rainy said"Syd isn't here it's me Rainy."He heard hoof steps and told Syd to hide.A chain lock slid and the door opened.Neon Bright looked horrible.Her eyes where red and had bags under them her mane was more messy than usual.Neon said"What do you want Rainy?"Rainy sighed and said."We just want to talk okay?"He walked in with Syd and Rainbow Splash.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Syd made it to her house along with Rainy. He was surprised at the size. For someone of her wealth, he expected her to have a much larger abode. Syd sat back, as he would rather have a neutral party deal with the falling apart mare. Syd heard a yell from her house when Rainy knocked. "GO AWAY SYD!!!!I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!" Syd's jaw had dropped and he felt his heart shrivel a little bit inside. Surely she had not meant that right? Neon did come out, and she looked terrible. Obviously she could not handle the stress of thinking she had been rejected... but that was not what Syd had wanted to happen at all. Syd followed Rainy in and sat down next to Rainy, hoping that Neon was ready to talk.

Neon Bright stared at Rainy Splash and Syd.She just looked at the floor.There was no escaping them now.Rainbow Splash seemed like the only happy one jumping around and fluttering her wings.Rainy spoke first"So Neon.We are going to talk.Okay?"She just nodded."We are your friends and want to help you.What's wrong?"Neon Bright looked up at him sending one of thier messages.I was rejected.That was the message.Rainy was confused because he knew that Syd loved her as much as she loved him.Rainy Splash went to Syd and said"You go tell her that you love her and that you wouldn't leave her for the world.Because I know that is true."

Syd listened intently to what Rainy had to say. He reached into his coat pocket, which contained a necklace that he had purchased prior to coming here. It had been a necklace he had commissioned for him. It was of a briliantly glowing neon green diamond, encased in a golden wired tube, making it look like a briliant glow stick, not unlike Neons cutie mark. Engraved into part of the necklace said "You are my Light in the Storm called Life" He closed the box that it was in, and spoke to Rainy before going in. "I had purchased this for her a long time ago. It was when I was younger and I was too busy and cowardly to ask her if she wanted to be my special somepony, and when I got involved with Aura, I kept it in my Guitar Case. It was a constant reminder that she would always be in my life no matter what happened. I think it is time that she gets this."

Syd walked into the room and looked at Neon, who was staring intently at him. He sat down next to her and spoke in a hushed voice. "Listen, Neon I know what you were thinking, and I am quite sorry for not speaking up sooner. I know that you have had feelings for me since we met, and although I have been hush hush about it, I also have had feelings for you. Even when I was living with Dawning Aura, I had you in my mind. I was going to say that I shared your feelings, and I was going to give you this a long time ago, but I was too young because, well I was a little scared. I do truly love you Neon, and I hope that this is good evidence towards that" Syd gave her the neon green case with the necklace in it and asked a question. "Neon, would you, well... be my Special Marefriend and accompany me on the tides of life, my beacon in the darkness?"

Neon Bright was left speechless.She held both of her hooves up to her mouth she looked over at Rainy who nodded approvingly."YES!!!!!!"Neon screamed and jump hugged Syd and kissed him.Rainbow Splash took this as the perfect time to say"Eeewwwww!"Everypony just laughed at the little filly.Rainy Splash picked her up and kissed her cheek which made her go"Yuck!"

Neon Bright put the necklace on and swore to never ever in her life to take it off except for showers and stuff like that.Rainy Splash came over and sat beside them on the couch with his daughter on his lap.

Syd looked up to see Neon about to jump hug him, which he did not try to stop. He fell onto the floor with her, and recieved a kiss from her. He returned the kiss and brushed his hoof through her mane, feeling the silky softness of it. Syd heard Rainy's daughter exclaim "Eeewwwww" Syd tilted his head to the right to chuckle at the filly who had feelings similar to him on the subject when he was her age. He got up, helping Neon up, sitting on the couch. The two sat on the couch with Rainy and his daughter. Syd whispered in her ear "The necklace is beautiful, It is glowing even more right now. It is imbued with magic that bonds to the pony that wears it. It glows more and less depending on how you are feeling." He wrapped his foreleg around her and pulled her in close, making sure that there was little space left between them.

"Now Rainy, I am inviting you along with my silly filly here to come on tour with me. I made accomodations for you, your daughter and wife to stay at a hotel near my tour venues. I plan to go to Stalliongrad first, which does hold special meaning to us all, as many of us met our good friends there." Syd nuzzled Neon, keeping her as close as possible. After sitting there talking for a few hours, Syd looked at the time, and realized that Luna's night had begun a while ago. He saw that Rainbow Splash had fallen asleep next to Rainy, and Syd let out an "aww." "She looks all tuckered out, and it is getting late, and I assume you need your shut eye as well." Syd directed towards Rainy. Syd looked at Neon and asked an important question. "Now, do you want me to stay tonight, because I do have a hotel room in Ponyville I can stay in if you don't want me to stay."

Neon Bright heard Syds question."What ever you want baby."She said in response her cheeks where flushed.She had never really heard that question directed to her before.She kissed Syd again and said bye to Rainy as he left.

As Rainy Splash walked home with a sleeping filly on his back he was left to his own thoughts.Wow!I just kinda set two of my friends up!He thought.I must be a real match maker!Rainy then thought about what Syd said.I bet it will be awesome to see all our friends again.He then flew up to Cloudsdale and fell asleep.Tomorrow is another big big day!

Syd felt like after today's tumultous events, Neon needed someone to keep her company. "Well, if it is okay, I think I'll stay with you tonight. I have nothing but all the time in the world to spend with you." Syd said nuzzling her mane. "Would you like to go lay down? I'm sure today was tiring for you." Neon directed him towards the direction of the bedroom, and Syd decided to carry her using his magic. Since his horn had regrown, a greater mastery of his talents emerged as a result. She deserved to be treated no less that a princess would, so he laid her down in her bed and planted a kiss on her lips, with Syd blushing slightly. He went onto the princess sized bed and laid down next to her wrapping his forelegs around her to share body heat. "Now Neon, if you could dream of being in one place in Equestria, where would you like to be, and I will make it so." Syd said via a whisper into her ear.

Syd was about to use one of his illusion spells to make the bed seem like it was on top of a hill overlooking the sea, but He felt Neon move closer and fall asleep in his arms. He was just happy to see her so happy, and that made all the difference to him. He fell asleep as well, their body heat putting him into a relaxed state, drifting off to sleep. Nothing in the world could be more right than he felt now.

Syd woke up to light coming into the room from Celestia's sun. Neon had held onto him all night, never letting him go. He smiled at her, her mane discheveled but she still looked beautiful. He got up as quietly as he could and made his way into her kitchen. He decided that he should make breakfast for him and her. He began getting mixes for pancakes and hay bacon and began making it with great earnest. When he was finished he made his way back into the room, hovering a tray with the breakfast on it. He moved over and kissed her on the head, whispering "Good Morning my silly filly. I made you breakfast."

Birthday Cake awoke in the morning and let out a stretch. She decided that before she'd move back to Stalliongrad, she'd take a walk around Canterlot just to take in the sights that she would no longer see every day. Before she came to Canterlot, she had opened up shops in quite a few places to see if she could get the right business, but none of them had proven to be as great as Canterlot. Now that the business in Canterlot was dying out, she decided that she would go to Stalliongrad - one of the places that she had failed at selling cakes beforehand. All of the events that happened in Stalliongrad were fuzzy to her. She just remembers that she was there at one point in her life, she met some very nice friends, and she wanted to go back now, but she had no idea why except for the hope to see these ponies.

As she walked around Canterlot, she saw many things that she never had really taken into account before. There were new ponies all around her, stallions, mares, and fillies she had never met, and the ponies she once were friends with were nowhere to be seen. Although they used to come pop in and visit, she hadn't seen them in a few years. She brushed her hoof through her hair, thinking of all of the things she could. "What exactly happened in Stalliongrad?"

Neon Bright woke up to the smell of recently cooked hay bacon and pancakes.She didn't exactly like mornings but then she saw Syd standing there and she felt better than fine."Good mornin' sweetie!How are you.And where is that smell coming from?"Then Neons eyes drifted to the breakfast tray.She smiled sleepily.Then they both heard a knock at the door.

Rainy Splash had gone down to Neon Brights house as soon as he woke.He was knocking at the door.He wanted to know that Neon and Syd where okay.This time Rainbow Splash wasn't with Rainy.

"Oh we are fine, and how can you be a creeper? You are one of my best friends, and you have a right to be concerned, expecially because our relationship began so suddenly." Syd heard him ask if he could come in and replied with "No, please come in Rainy! I have made some breakfast for me and Neon. There is plenty extra, so feel free to help yourself." Syd sat down on the couch, drinking a glass of Sweet Apple Acres Apple Juice, waiting for him to sit down. "So, I am just curious, are you ready to leave for Stalliongrad this afternoon? I have purchased you and your family tickets on the train there for this afternoon. Also, why didn't you bring Rainbow Splash over? We had plenty of food to share."

Paw Print had spent the night at the cafe in Stalliongrad. However, the mare was an early riser. She had got up and left the cafe. The mare did not leave Stalliongrad. She only seeked the glory of watching the sun rise up. Oh it was a beautiful sight. She thanked Celestia for such glorious mornings. They always left her feeling warmth on the inside while sending a chill down her spine. The day coming and passing seemed enchanting to this earth pony. She respected both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna for the hard work they had done to make such a beautiful sight. Their hard work was never un-noticed. This mare always got up early for the sun and she stayed up to see the moon. The mare let out a gentle sigh and trotted peacefully around Stalliongrad to stretch her legs in the fresh morning air.

Rainy Splash came in feeling uncofrontable still be he shook it off as he sat down beside Neon and Syd.He picked up a plate with haybacon and pancakes on it."Oh she is still sleeping and I didn't want to wake her up.Infact I was afraid of waking dash.I'm not my best in the morning."Rainy chuckled warmly.He picked at his food a bit.Rainy was nervous about the trip.What would Dash say?Would she be mad?What will her reaction be?Most of his questions had to do with his wife.She wasn't easily angered but she was a little over protective of the ones she loved.

Neon Bright was happy.She had some good food,good coltfriend and a good friend.Could it get any better."So guys when do we plan on leaving for Stalliongaurd?"Neon asked her mouth full of foood.She really never had good manners.But oviously Syd and Rainy could get past that.

Syd chuckled to himself. He put his foreleg around Neon, who leaned her head on his shoulder. The necklace began to glow, signaling good emotions. Neon soon voiced a question, "So guys when do we plan on leaving for Stalliongaurd?" Syd chuckled over attempt to speak while chewing. He thought it was cute. "I plan to leave this afternoon, but we must first make sure that Rainy and his wife are okay to go, along with their daughter. I took the liberty of packing some of your things for you already Neon."

Neon Bright was happy."Thanks Syddie!I will go check some stuff out.Plus I'll put a little something on I think I should dress up for something as awesome than this."Neon trotted into her room going through her closet trying to find the one dress that the pony named Rarity made for her.

Rainy Splash meanwhile was happy that he wasn't being treated like a third wheel.They where waiting on him."Well I'll go wake up Dash and Splash.To get them ready to go and we'll come back here.Okay thanks guys."

"Sure Rainy, take your time. I have chartered a car in the train privately for you and your family, and one for me and Neon. Take your time to get ready, we leave in about 4 hours." With that, Syd made his way to Neon's room and asked "Sweetie, do you need any help getting ready? If you don't need, I'll go get myself ready." Syd got his carefully folded suit jacket and black button down undershirt on, which was designed by some of the best clothes designers in Equestria. He also sprayed on some light cologne, specifically with the scent of the Seasaddle bay air. He walked back into her room from the bathroom and pecked her on the cheek. "That dress looks beautiful on you Neon. " He said with a smile.

Neon Bright smiled at Syd shyly.The dress was beutiful.The skirt was long and went down to her hooves but where lit up by a long neon lights that spread from the back.The part that covered up her back was more simple.It was white but had litlle green glowsticks stuck to it."Okay.Well now lets go to the train station."Neon said walking out of her room.

Meanwhile Rainy Splash was talking to his wife."I'm going to hang out with my friends while you and Rainbow walk around town and do whatever you want.Okay?"He said hopefully.She just shook her head."Oh come on Dash!We never get a vacation!Syd already has a hotel room for you guys.""Rainy.I know you mean well and that you want to go out with your friends.But we can't afford a vacation."Rainy Splash sighed then said"I am on a paid vacation already.Have fun at the hotel!"He yelled and flew right onto Syd and Neons train just as they boarded.

Syd walked Neon to the train station, drawing many eyes as they were all dressed up for the occasion. Syd helped her up and into the train, heading to sit down next to her. The train car was fitted with all the amneties, including a princess sized bed for him and Neon. He kissed her on the cheek and saw Rainy get on after them. He looked at him and said. "I sent your wife enough money to equal her pay for the time she is with us. Consider it a gift for your marriage." He said with a smirk.

Rainy Splash blew out some air and untensed when Syd told him about the money."Thank Celestia!Maybe she will be a little nicer to my friends now.She is soooo over protective."Rainy Splash chose a seat that faced his friends.He then said."Wow I can't wait till we get there."

Meanwhile Neon Bright felt like she was flying.She was having the perfect day and wouldn't belive if anypony said it could get better.She finally found that perfect somepony.Her first actual date.Yeah sure she went out with stallions but no more than an hour would she get mad at them break thier hearts and leave.But now she found him.Neon thought that she likes hanging out with stallions more.Then Neon yawned and snuggled into Syds shoulder and drifted off to a wonderful dreamless sleep.

The train lurched foward, the whistle blew and the group was on it's way. He looked out the window and noted the sunset. It was beautiful. He was about to get neon up to see the Sunset, but she was sleeping peacefully next to him, her head leaning on his shoulder. He smiled and kissed her on the head. "Hey Rainy, I think me and Neon are going to lay down for a while." He lifted her onto his back, taking her to the bed. He laid her down and laid down next to her. He ran his forehoof through her hair, keeping his eyes locked on her. She was beautiful when she slept, almost like an angel.