The Accursed Journey [Crossover RP] [OPEN]

Slade looked at Trixie with mistrust as she led them along the path. He wasn't fooled by her attempt at flattery and had a hunch that she would double cross them somehow. He kept close to her though as he whispered in her ear low enough that no one else could overhear, "I know what you were first planning on doing. You considered killing us all with your magic but decided to let your "Mistress" handle me.", he gave a smile as he stuck a senbon needle into her kneecap. He laughed darkly as he pushed it in as slowly as possible, to make the initial pain last as long as possible. "Is this good enough for the Great and Powerful Trixie?", he asked as his inner sadist started to come out. "that is a warning: try to double cross me or attempt to kill me or harm the others; I will show you the true meaning of pain.", he growled, as he revealed a multitude of scars and burns on his arms from his training.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xeno stuck to the edge of the enterance Hunched low as if pondering pointlessly and some what guarding. Kicking his hoof at a pebble as the hooded unicorn walked out with such an aura of satisfaction he could taste it. Took some considerable control in his part to not flee when the ground started to shake with a red light show from inside the room; glancing in at the time just in time to see coils sink into the floor.

Xeno stepped in, still holding his disguise. He glanced at the human, then the chest. Curious about the satchel; moving to the chest and flipping it open. It didn't look like much, the satchel in it. Sticking his head in and pulling the bag out. Didn't feel much different either. He'd look inside but he already knew what may happen if he did and he didn't want that human throwing bolts about again. He lost interest in the satchel but held it in his mouth. Turning on a time and trotting over to the human. Looking up at him in his chair, head cocked to the side curiously.

His ear flicked in his hood as he placed the bag on the human's lap. He bet that would make him happy! Yes. But these straps must go; he wanted to see the human unhindered. Fiddling at the straps one after the other quick as he could, that is until the one on the chair's arm seized up. He couldn't unlock it! Damn he hated being refused even by inanimate objects! Rearing back with frustration; he came down. Head butting the strap's buckle. Not only shattering the metal contraption but fracturing the chair's arm but thankfully not the human's.

He should have known better. Falling back on his haunches in a daze with a swirl of green magic as his disguise vanished. Leaving him as the changeling he was. Why did he have to headbutt the damn lock.

The magician's gaze at the ninja was venomous. "Do not tempt Trixie," she said haughtily, using a spell to heal the wound in her knee. "One more such threat and she shall be forced to turn you into a toadstool."

Trixie, being experienced in the arts of deception, knew not to take her charges directly to the hideout. It was only about ten minutes walk away, but she took several long loops. This had several advantages: one, the ponies would not be able to find their way back out without help, and two, they would be tired when they arrived.

After nearly an hour of traversing difficult terrain, they came to a large cave entrance. She knew something was wrong when she noticed that the guards were absent.

"The Great and Powerful Trixie has led you to your destination. Now, she must ensure that you make it to the Mistress alive. Follow her inside, all who have the bravery and foolishness to enter."

Slade laughed at her venomous gaze and entered the cave, barely winded from Trixie's silly game thanks to his intense training. He then took the opportunity to take a quick inspection of the entrance chamber and saw several good spots to hide in and ambush. He didn't even return Trixie's gaze as he laughed and dropped a mysterious ball at her hooves. Covering his ears, the ball exploded in a flash of light and an echoing boom of sound, sure to disorient or stun anything nearby as he quickly hid himself in the shadows.

Partheus looked at the strange creature that had appeared before him, confused as to what it was. He had never seen such a being before in the 10 years he was a messenger for the Human League, a job that requires one to travel all across the Five Realms and camp in the wilderness, thereby being exposed to the local flora and fauna. He tried to undo the straps on his other arm with his free hand, but something felt strange; his muscles were considerably weaker than normal, and he could barely lift his arm, let alone possess the fine motor skills required to undo tight straps with one hand.

Sheepishly, he looked at the creature that had freed him. Without even knowing if the creature could talk, he asked it, "Could you undo the other straps for me? I'm completely drained of energy."

The human noticed the ponies from before entering. He was watching them with attentive eyes. He also noticed another human appear next to him. This was the one who ambushed him before. He had his back to him in his hiding spot, and the Man with the odd accent unholstered his rifle, and aimed down the magnification sight. He noticed Trixie in the group, and how he HATED that pony. He loaded a single bullet into his gun, making a click noise that echoed through the cavern.

Slade heard the click, and instinctively threw several shuriken at the source of the noise before diving into the open and rolling in front of the ponies. "We've been double crossed!", he shouted as he handspringed out of the roll, Guisarme in his hands.

Upon hearing Slade's cry Greed leapt forward and tackled Trixie to the ground, pulling her into the cover of a nearby boulder. "We still yet have need of you," He whispered into her ear to stop her struggling.

Gluttony let out a yelp and landed next to them, she'd ut her leg in the process, but proceeded to use her powers to heal the wound. "What's going on?" She asked, her voice slightly trembling.

Envy was frozen stock still with fear, she was so scared that it began to hail heavily inside the cavern, pelting all the inhabitants with frozen rain...

The human felt 3 shuriken hit his chest. He doubled over in pain. but he began pulling them out, albeit screaming in pain. He was bleeding somewhat heavily. He got up and yelled at the interloper. "Schwein! I am on your side dummkoff", The man got up and held his chest, while slinging his rifle over his shoulder. He reached for the smaller tubed weapon and aimed at the guards who were coming to investigate the source of the noise. *BANG* *BANG* Two guards dropped to the floor, and two metal casings hit the floor. The man began to move closer to the ponies, being pelted with hail. He began to double over, and fell down in front of them, dropping his rifle.

Startled and blinded by the explosion, the next thing Trixie knew she was being held down by the disgusting pony with a skull for a head. "Unhoof Trixie, you cad!" she gasped, trying to break free. "Trixie is not in the mood for your advances. Can't you see that we are in the middle of a battle?"

---

Newsworthy jumped into hiding as soon as the battle began. Peeking around a large boulder, he was appalled to see the human with the strange accent fall to the ground. While it appeared they were safe for the moment, he could hear a commotion a ways down the hall, portending more foes on the way.

The reporter jumped into the air and glided down beside the alchemist. "Are you alright?" he asked anxiously.

"Oh I'm schvein, except for the three gashes in my chest." The man said with sarcasm in his voice. The man took a bottle of viscious glowing reddish orange liquid and tossed at the new guards coming in. "Burn Schwein!" He said as the bottle of alchemical fire exploded just short of it's target, landing in between the ponies and the guards coming in. He took his rifle and raised it. A very loud bang resounded in the cave. (check video for sound!) He had fired the rifle, a clang of metal hitting the floor next to him. One of the guards took a hit, collapsing into dead weight.

Slade knelt next to the alchemist and said, "I thought you were the enemy. As a ninja, it can sometimes be difficult to discern friend from foe.", he said to the injured alchemist. He felt remorse as he produced training wraps from his belt and herbs. Handing them to Newsworthy as the firebomb ignited and the alchemist fired his weapon, he said softly, "It's the least I can do, considering that I hit him in error." Getting to his feet, he replaced the horned mask over his face and raised his hood, he shouted at the Dwellers pouring into the entrance, "Ikazuchi!" as he rolled a scroll into the main contingent.

Leaping into the air, Slade smiled behind his scary mask, he loved a good fight.

Xeno shook his head. Rubbing his temple as his headache waned but still throbbed between his ears; ringing as they were while the human addressed him. Wait; he missed a buckle!? Damn, he must have been rather distracted from that one. Looking at the human oddly, silently noting the fatigue which seemed to be set in the human.

The Changeling stood on his hooves after stumbling till he regained his balance. He showed that lock who was boss! Now for the other buckle; trotting around the chair to the arm. Pressing his hoof to it and with a flick; unbuckling the final strap and stepping back. Staning in front of the human; watching to see what he'd do next. Maybe he'd need some support. Yeah! He seemed tired so Xeno turned his side to the human in case he'd need to lean on his back to steady himself.

Greed was quite taken aback by Trixie's comment, "I make advances towards no pony!" He said, "I was both protecting you, and preventing an escape attempt...one as foolish as you would have tried something, of that i am sure!" Greed raised his head slightly and looked towards the battle, it appeared to be going well in their favour, "Hmph, i think we have this won..." Muttered Greed, before he turned and walked over to Envy, who was covering her head with her hooves. Greed knelt down beside her and whispered something in her ear. Envy gazed up at him, flinching now and again as the sounds of battle echoed through the cave. She nodded and closed her eyes tight, concentrating. There was an almighty crash and an immense bolt of lightning struck the cave entrance. For a few seconds nothing happened, but then the cave entrance gave way and tonnes of rock fell from the mountain, covering the entrance completely. It would have been pitch black if it were not for a small sun like orb that hovered just about Envy's head, bathing the cave in an eerie orange glow...

Partheus sat up slowly, leaning on the creature for support. He put his satchel on and hobbled out of the room and into the narrow corridor, the creature keeping at his side for him to lean on if he became any weaker. I've got to get back to Canterlot and warn Celestia, he thought. If the Mistress has absorbed my power, she could destroy the whole of Equestria, and I can't let that happen. Not after I made a promise to Twilight that I would protect everything she holds dear...

He could hear the sounds of an intense battle off in the distance as he slowly made his way through. "I'm taking it you aren't sided with the Forest Dwellers. Who or what are you, exactly?" Partheus paused and looked at the creature, who was looking back at him with curious eyes, like how a dog looks at its owner. "Hold on, can you even talk?"

Newsworthy tied up the alchemist's wounds as best he could. It appeared that the bleeding was staunched, but he would need attention from a magic user soon to avoid further injury.

He nearly had a heart attack when the lightning bolt struck the entrance to the cave. Looking back, he was disheartened to see that the weather pony had closed off their only known way of escape. "What the hay did you do?" he hissed, trying to keep his voice down. "How in the name of Celestia are we going to get out now?"

---

Trixie sniffed haughtily. "There's no need to try to hide your feelings. Trixie knows that every stallion in Equestria falls head over hooves to get at her. Now, release me. You realize that Trixie can just command these guards to let us pass, do you not? As much as she enjoys watching your friends die, her Mistress prefers live prisoners."

She smiled spookily. "The torture is much more effective that way."

With the guards dropping in number The human made his way to Trixie and jumped onto her. "You foul pony schwein! You are the one who has been stealing my reading material! Now you schwill suffer!" He took a bottle of blue liquid and uncorked it, spilling it all over her, with her bucking about trying to stop him. "Now have fun with your punishment." he said, putting two more bullets into his rifle, bringing it to max capacity. He looked at her and smiled under his mask, seeing blue spots begin to show up on her horn.

Xeno did indeed look up rather curiously and almost innocently at Partheus while aiding in his movement, easily providing support for the weakened human. Though when he was asked a few simple questions he turned his gaze back to their path. He remained silent for a long moment, not liking to talk very much.

"Chhhhhhangeliiiing." His eerie voice carried with a buzz. "Xeno doessssn't talk." He finished simply while being somewhat distracted with the sounds of conflict and voices echoing down the halls. A bit curious; his ears flicking now and then but not very eager to dash into a fight.

"You fool. Trixie has been all too kind with you human scum. She will enjoy seeing your entrails spattered in a fifty foot radius. Behold the awesome might of The Great and Powerful Trixie!" Ordinarily, a huge burst of magic would have exploded from her horn and the human would have been no more. However, nothing happened at all.

"What have you done? Trixie screamed, pawing at her horn. It wobbled back and forth, utterly useless. "Trixie is nothing without her magic, nothing!" Seething with rage, she jumped up and bucked a hoof across the back of the alchemist's skull. "This has gone on long enough. Trixie is in charge here, and nopony is going to stop her." A group of about a dozen guards was galloping down the hallway, skirting around the alchemical fire, their weapons drawn.

"Guards!" she yelled. "The Great and Powerful Trixie has brought these prisoners here for interrogation. Keep them alive, but other than that ..." She glanced back at them, her nose upturned. "Do with them as you will."

Partheus thought back to his basic knowledge of the lore of Equestria. "A changeling, huh? One of those shape-shifting sorts that feed off the emotions of oth-" He suddenly backed away from Xeno and fell onto his backside, crossing his arms up to his face. "Oh no you don't! Those Forest Dwellers have already sucked out all of my energy, so if you expect to be handsomely rewarded for your efforts with a free sample of my anger, you're sadly mistaken!"

He looked up at Xeno, who was standing there idly, still looking at him curiously. Partheus sighed heavily. "Fine. You can follow me out of here. Just no funny business, okay?" Xeno nodded, as Partheus leaned onto him to pull himself up off the ground. Partheus then continued to walk alongside Xeno through the narrow corridor, eyeing Xeno suspiciously. Just my luck, he thought to himself, the one person to rescue me from this group of psychos is a mute insect-like monster who is likely going to try and finish me off when I have my back turned. Where's that Newsworthy fellow when you need him?

As the two walked out of the narrow corridor and into the main chamber, Partheus could see what appeared to be a circle of hooded ponies surrounding an odd bunch of intruders by the now collapsed entrance of the sanctuary. As he focused his vision to make out who was there, he saw Newsworthy among the crowd, alongside three other ponies and two humans. He turned to Xeno, who looked eager not to participate in the conflict. "Listen, you probably won't like this, but I need you to get my friend out of there somehow. Do you think you can create a distraction to lure the hooded ponies away?"

Xeno grumbled after Partheus accused him of later sucking him dry of emotions. The nerve! But Xeno didn't blame him; though the thought of perhaps sinking his teeth into the human made him salivate a bit. He knew better. Maybe some one will allow him to cling to them for a reward later. But he didn't count on it.

Though he sure wish it would happen when they came upon the group of surrouned ponies and humans. Humans? More humans!? Weird humans at that. Xeno's ears perked up; tossing aside his disdain to cause a distraction. Though he didn't really want to; he wanted to see the other humans more! Looking up at Partheus with a nod and stepping away from him. Hopping into the air; his wings buzzing loudly as he flew at one of the hooded ponies; a green cone of liquid like magic draped over him. Exploding as he hit the hooded pony and kept on going. Crashing into a wall near by. He turned on his hoofs and hissed loudly; buzzing his wings. The pony he had struck wasn't getting up any time soon.

Xeno quickly bolted away as some of the hooded ponies darted after him.

Partheus watched as Xeno charged in and knocked out one of the hooded ponies, and lured half of them away deeper into the sanctuary. The three hooded ponies that remained watched the changeling disappear into an alcove, before refocusing on the group of intruders by the entrance. Darn it, he thought. I still haven't got enough strength to take them on. I was banking on their stupidity to all follow Xeno, but I guess they must have earned a few more brain cells amongst themselves while I was unconscious. If only I cou- "Going somewhere?"

Partheus frightfully wheeled around, recognising the callous tone in her voice. Stood behind him was the Mistress, with a glowing red aura around her. "What, did you really think I wanted to kill you? I was after your power all along, you fool! And now, with this energy coursing through my very being, I shall overthrow that tyrant Celestia, and rule over Equestria as its rightful queen!" The Mistress let out an evil cackle that reverberated throughout the chamber. Partheus crouched into a fighting stance, fully prepared to die defending Equestria. I can't give up now, he thought as he clenched his fist. Death only embraces those who embrace it, and I'd say this witch is long overdue for a hug...

Newsworthy, being unarmed, had cowered behind a large boulder. However, a sinister cackle echoing down the hallway made him jerk up and look around. At the end of the hallway, he saw a human female glowing with some type of magical energy. Before her, he recognized the figure of Partheus. It was hard to tell what was going on from this distance, but his mind was resolved. Regardless of the danger to himself, he had to go help his friend.

There was no time to think, only to act.

He leapt into the air, and burst forward in a blue streak. There was one guard blocking his path. The brute looked up at the pegasus in surprise, raising his rifle. Newsworthy flipped in midair, pointing a sharp back hoof at the pony's skull. The guard took aim.

A deafening gunshot. Newsworthy cried out in pain as he crashed into his attacker. There was a sickening crunch as the pegasus' hoof connected.

Newsworthy knew that he was dead if he stayed on the ground, even for an instant, so he willed himself to keep flying. The other two guards turned their attention to the new threat, but he was already streaking away, purposely weaving to deter any further attempts to shoot him out of the air. Glancing back, he saw that the bullet had, mercifully, only grazed his flank. Blood trickled from the wound and streamed down his leg.

As he sped around the dying flames of the alchemical fire, he noticed a fallen guard. Diving, Newsworthy alighted briefly, grabbing his sword and shield. With that, he was back in the air. He could see Partheus just ahead. Hang on, just a little bit longer ...

Slade had managed to evade most of the combat by hiding in the shadows but laughed as one of the guards had picked up the scroll he had rolled and opened it, electrocuting him and several other guards as a stroke of chain lightning erupted from the scroll. "You foals! I will carve you to pieces!", he shouted as he erupted from the shadows as Trixie betrayed them.

Seeing Newsworthy take a slight wound and crash into a guard, he rolled at the new contingent of guards skirting the alchemical fire and threw a volley of kunai with one hand. In the other, he held his katana as he rushed into the fray, his mask stained with blood as he proceeded to go into a demonic frenzy, a black blur jumping in and out of the guards as they began to drop one by one to his blade. "HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You shall know the true power of a ninja!", he shouted as he laughed maniacally, his sanity at the breaking point as he looked at Trixie and her poison joked horn. "You....will....suffer....", he said his brown eyes behind the mask shifting to a demonic red.

The plan had originally been to temporarily collapse the entrance to prevent the Trixie pony from escaping, however the lightning appeared to have been a tad too powerful, causing a good portion of the mountain side to collapse and seal the cave shut. Now it appeared that they had their backs to the wall, quite literally.

As combat again erupted, Greed began to took a small elongated rock from inside his skull an began to draw on the ground with it. He marked out a selection of oddly shaped symbols, all the while muttering phrases that were in language form any pony else could make out.

Envy, slightly embarrassed that she'd over done it with the lightning, stepped up to protect her friends and allies from the Mistresses power, she used all her courage to summon a series of furious storm clouds that covered the team and obscured enemy vision, as well as directed hail, rain, and gale force winds at any hooded pony who came too close.

Gluttony, how wasn't too into fighting, saw Newsworthy take his wound, yet continue to advance towards Partheus. Closing her eyes she used her arcane powers to heal his leg whilst in mid-flight...