The Expedition (Lightning Dancer, Skyra, and Seren)

Gaedwyn

"well, thanks, I prepared a tent for you to stay in.... and there is some food in my saddle bag" said skyra, before turning her gaze to the everfree forest... "I can make a potion that would heal our wounds, but the ingrediants are found in the everfree forest" This grim news was followed by a smirk.... "typicall isn't it?"

"I used your bandages on your wing there" Said seren..... Skyra instantly looked warried.

"how bad is it? is it broken? or just scrapes and bruses?

Seren shook her head and sighed. "It's not badly broken, but it looks like there's probably some kind of fracture. Probably a good idea not to fly on it much until its healed,"

"You can make potions though? That's seriously cool! I never met a pony who could make potions before! I gotta see how you do it!" Serendipity said, suddenly feeling a need to find her treasured notebook. "Everfree isn't that far past where we were going anyway. it'll take longer if we have to stay grounded, but we should be able to swing by there and find the stuff for your potion!"

"That said, it is probably best we rest at least until she wakes up," she nodded to the other filly. "Leaving a defenseless unconscious filly out here just wouldn't be cool."

"You can make potions though?"

"Leaving a defenseless unconscious filly out here just wouldn't be cool."

"Your right, we can't leave her hear... so i'll start to make a potion to defend us against timber wolves while i wait, I have the ingredients in my saddle bag, you can watch if you like" Skyra moved to her saddle bag, opening it and pulling out several flowers, herbs and...other assorted items.

after crushing and mixing these ingredients, she pored a dark red liquid into a clear glass bottle. Then she handed Seren a small bit of paper. "Here's the recipe for this particular potion" said Skyra with a chuckle. "Now, we both better get some rest before we head into the everfree forest!"

Skyra marked off where they were on the map with a small black X and handed it to seren

post-3310-0-84969900-1334992236_thumb.jp

"Your right, we can't leave her hear... so i'll start to make a potion to defend us against timber wolves while i wait, I have the ingredients in my saddle bag, you can watch if you like" Skyra said.

Seren nodded. "A potion that can ward off timberwolves? Wow, Skyra, that's kind of incredible," she said with a cheerful giggle as she watched the other pegasus brew the potion. At parts she thought she understood the procedure, but mostly she was kind of lost.

"Here's the recipe for this particular potion", Skyra said as she handed the mare said recipe. Glancing at it, it made a lot more sense to her. It really didn't see that complicated. Seren nodded. She was kind of surprised it was so simple.

"Awesome! This is really cool! And this really works?" the excitable mare started as she read it over.

"Now, we both better get some rest before we head into the everfree forest!"

"Okay. Sounds good to me!" Seren said with a nod. She grinned as she looked at their location on the map. They had made better distance than she'd have ever guessed. They must have flown quite a distance while she was chasing after Skyra. The forest really wasn't far at all from where they were.

Seren yawned and started to move toward the tent. "Yeah, after today I could really crash for a while," she said as she lied back in the tent. As she did, she grabbed her notebook. It was her favorite possession. A collection of ponies she had met in the last several years of her life, or the interesting ones at least. She'd write down names and a few lines about each pony.

"Skyra - filly who makes really super awesome potions. Stern, hard to penetrate exterior, but doesn't seem to be all that bad deep down. Interested to learn more," Seren scribbled down on the first page with blank space she found. She then set the notebook aside and smiled, then yawned again as she readied herself for sleep.

"Awesome! This is really cool! And this really works?"

"yep!, when left for an hour and exposed to open air, the potion will explode, so its perfect for warding away timberwolves!" Said Skyra enthusiastically

Unfortunately, Skyra had not expected 3 ponys, she had only packed 2 tents.... So Skyra made a fire, and star-gazed until sleep finally managed to claim her.

Seren slept soundly in the tent, having only pleasant dreams. She awoke well rested and in pretty good health save from some pain in her wounded leg still. Giving a healthy yawn, she stood and limped out of the tent.

She went to see if Skyra, who had slept outside, was awake yet. "Good morning!" she said with cheer as she approached the other pony.

"Good morning!" Said Skyra cheerfully, "We have something to discus" Said Skyra as she handed Seren a freshly made salad.

"We need to get the ingredients for the healing potion, so i propose that one of us stays here with this other filly, and the other goes into the Everfree to find the Ingredients" Skyra stood up and put the camp fire out... "It will be dangerous, but we can't stay here, she may not Evan wake up!"

"Ooh! This looks tasty! Thanks!" Seren cheerfully started as she took the salad and immediately started eating it. Nothing fancy, but it was pretty good for what it was.

She listened to what Skyra proposed closely as she continued to consume her food. When she was done speaking, Seren just shook her head.

"I don't like it!" she said with certainty. "I mean, the Everfree Forest? That place is like seriously bad news! It's dangerous for one pony to go in all alone even when perfectly healthy, but we're both injured!"

"I had hoped you would say that" Said Skyra with a chuckle, "We had better wait for thus other filly to wake up" Skyra stood up and put her empty bole in her saddle bag.

"Our wounds will heal over time" Said Skyra as she sat back down

"Maybe we should hoof it, and carry her to the nearest town"

"I had hoped you would say that" Skyra said, actually laughing for once. Oh, so this filly was testing her now? Or had Seren been down for the separation plan, would she have been ready to go ahead with it? She supposed she wouldn't ever know now. She smiled a little and nodded as Skyra went on with thoughts about what to do with the other filly.

"Wellp, it might be just a teensy bit hard to move her as it is..." Seren said with some thought. "But... I guess Ponyville isn't that far if you want to try it. I mean, Cloudsdale's a little closer, but I don't see us getting up there with another filly, especially not on your wings."

"Excellent! We make for Ponyville then!" Said Skyra as she stood up and started to pack up the camp site. She made a stretcher out of some nearby sticks, rope form her saddle bags, and tarp from one of the tents, she then rolled the UN-conscious filly onto it.

Sensing some tension between Seren and herself, she calmly explained her actions "I know what your thinking, and I WAS testing you.... I needed to know what you would do in times of peril.... If you would play it safe, or make a reckless decision that would get us killed" Skyra then picked up one side of the stretcher and beckoned for Seren to grab the other.

"I know what your thinking, and I WAS testing you.... I needed to know what you would do in times of peril.... If you would play it safe, or make a reckless decision that would get us killed"

Skyra said suddenly, catching Seren somewhat off guard. She laughed and smiled.

"Is that so?" she started. "Welp, I'm all about the reckless decisions, but I'm also not stupid. I'd say I have my moments of practicality at the least, cause after all, there are many many things I still want to experience in this life, but dying kind of isn't one of them."

Serendipity giggled a little more and nodded as she continued after the other pegasus.

Skyra chuckled, as they started to move to ponyville.

"Dying isn't that high on my to-do list either" She said with a controlled giggle

Skyra and Seren enterd ponyville... and... it wasn't what Skyra had expected... from what she had herd in Canterlot, Ponyville was a town for uncivill ponys... but actually looking at it, it wasn't what she had expected at all.

"We had better get to the hospital" Said Skyra as they turned in the direction of a big white building that was obviosly a hospital

Serendipity looked around Ponyville as she carried the other filly into town. She hadn't spent much time in this town before, so it was still kind of new to her. It wasn't exactly her kind of town, but she supposed it did have some interesting ponies in it.

She nodded at Skyra's words. "Yep! Let's hurry and drop her off there!" Seren said with a big smile

"I only hope they don't see us and make us stay as well!" she added.

Skyra reched into her saddle bag and handed 4 socks to seren, she then put on a coat that she had borrowed from a random pony on the street. "Put these on, that way we wont get caught up in the hospital" said Skyra as she continued to the hospital.

Okay, this pony had some kind of weird, but fun solutions. Just going up and asking some random pony for their coat? Heh. Seren kind of liked it. She smiled as she put the socks on. She liked wearing socks. She thought they looked really super cute. She winced at little at the pain of pulling the sock over her injured leg. It wasn't any fun, but at least it kind of worked. Well, okay, it still looked a little noticeably swollen, but at least you couldn't see any of the deep bruises or marks.

"Cool! That should work!" Serendipity started with a nod to the other pegasus. "Quick thinking, Skyra!"

"Why thank you!" Skyra said with a smile

As both of them entered the hospital... most of the nurses attended to the poor filly, but the head doctor was looking at Seren strangely... Skyra signaled to Seren that it was time to leave, but before either of them could get out the door, the doctor had removed Skyra's coat, and had pulled Seren's sock down to reveal the injury below. "Your both going to have to stay here for about a week" Said the doctor... Skyra scowled "......if we must...."