[Park] Like Sleeping on ai-..Oh wait.

MudBug

"What's to understand? Art's pretty." Pinkie said, summing up her opinions succinctly for once. "But no, I heard your name from..." She paused, trying to recall. "Maybe it was from Inkwell, that would make sense, he's an artist too, I think. You've met him, right? And of course you can come, the more the merrier."

She glanced back at Dash. "Well I don't know how it works, it's your art. It's not like I could do what you do. I'm just good at parties. OH!" She turned back to Cat and Strawberry. "Have either of you had welcoming parties yet? 'Cause I could totally help you out with setting up and invitations and stuff. I know pretty much everypony in town. Nothing like a good party to get to know new people in town, I mean, look at Twilight!"

"So where should we go first? Sugarcube Corner? Oh wait, no, we should save that for last, 'cause I won't want to leave. Plus if we go there last, I can bake you guys something."

• 2 weeks later...

Strawberry Orange

"Er... a party? No... My sister and I, like, literally got here this morning. And I'm okay with parties, but most of the ones I've gone to were a bit stuck-up so I'm not too fond of them." Strawberry said, shivering at the memory of her mother primping and licking and brushing her and her sister's manes till they stayed in place with a eerie shine, and the too-tight collars on the stiff dresses their father had crammed onto their flanks.

"But starting anywhere is fine, I'm even okay with a quick fly-over to get a general idea of where everything is. I don't want it to take all day 'cause I have to help my sister set up our rooms back at the shop eventually."

Me perks her ears. "Ah, yeah I know Inky! He's a good kid. Figures you'd hear about me from another art pony, heh." Cat soared in happy little dips and archs, enjoying the feel of the warm air in her mane. "Parties? Uh-uh, nope." Cat tilted her head. They really threw welcome parties for new ponies here in Ponyville? Huh! What a sweet neighborhood. "That sounds like a blast though!" Her petite body gave a happy flip in the air as she followed the group. She smiles down at Pinkie Pie. "Ahh, so you work at that wacky bakery eh?" She grinned widely. "Been meanin' to stop there for a while now! Oooh, it smells so nice when somethin's baking there." She shoots a look back at Rainbow. "Y'now Rainbow, I know art ain't your thing and all. But y'might wanna know that you've been a subject of mine a few times~" She giggles and flies upside down, reclining back in mid air to shoot a toothy grin at the cyan pegasus. "Your rainbows sure are stunning. Those works are some of my best sellers too!"

Arching a brow at Pinkie Pie, the pegasi had to quietly think for a moment or two as she contemplated the pink filly's words before she shrugged in faint agreement. Alright then. That seemed logical. But that was more...a talent right? Oh well. Not worth really getting into at the moment and she popped a few joints of hers as she floated in the spot for a moment or two and quietly watched the ponies infront of her.

Most of this conversation went over her head as none of it really portioned itself to her, but she watched Strawberry and her pink, energetic friend converse before a smirk tugged the corner of her mouth.

"Pinkie is the party QUEEN around here!" The sky blue filly commented with a cocksure grin of hers.

"If she throws you a party, you KNOW it's gonna be good!"

Then Cat interjected with more art. Art was not a good thing for her-!

Blinking as she heard she was the topic of most of the tiny pegasi's art, Dash had to just stare for a moment before smiling somewhat nervously for a moment or two. Heh. This felt a bit odd. Sure she was getting attention but this felt a little...offcenter...she liked getting attention for her speed and agility. Her rainbow's she felt were an awesome side effect to that.

Rubbing at the back of her head, she smiled.

"Uhh...thanks! So! Where do you guys wanna see first?"

"Psh, parties like the Gala? They are booooooring, seriously, if that's the only kind of party you've been to you're totally missing out." Pinkie fluttered her eyes at Strawberry in what she thought was a disarming manner. "Ooh ooh, you have your own shop!? What do you sell? We should go by later on, after all if there's a new store in town, those of us who are giving tours really ought to know about, right?"

Pinkie smiled broadly at Dash's praise. Compliments on her parties was the most gratifying praise she could ever imagine receiving. "Oh, oh, I know where what we should see first. The park!" She gestured to the trees around them. "And here we are! The park! Over there is a bench, and other there is a great little stream, and along there is the road, and that there is the bridge where the road goes over the stream, and way further back that way is the way to Fluttershy's house, and even further that way is the Everfree Forest, and even further still is Zecora's house in the Everfree Forest, she's a bit scary-looking, but she turned out to be pretty nice once we got to know her."

She grinned again. "Ok, now we can head into town and show you the town proper. Follow me, everypony." She bounded down from the tree and unhesitatingly took the lead, heading towards the town square.

Strawberry Orange

Strawberry Orange tried to decipher Pinkie's excited rambling, but only managed to catch a few names before the pink pony started bouncing off, twittering out something about following her. Figuring there was nothing to lose, Strawberry dropped down a few feet and fluttered beside her, her wings easily keeping up with the pink thing's fast pace.

Keeping an eye on Pinkie out of her peripheral vision, Orange looked around her, memorizing the street they were traveling along. It had a few nice shops, but nothing that would be of relevance to herself or her sister quite yet. Maybe the furniture shop once her sister had gotten herself all organized back at home.

• 3 weeks later...

(so sorry about the delay everypony ^^; )

The pint sized pegasus rolled her eyes with a very amused smile, didn't Rainbow Dash know when to accept something as a compliment and NOT find it totally weird? Cat saw nothing abnormal about it, see something pretty, paint it, sell it, that's how artists worked isn't it? She chuckled softly and turned her attention back to the town they were touring. A small, quaint little place it was. Getting around here wouldn't be too difficult, in fact Cat knew the town fairly well. She was just bored and felt like tagging along with this group of ponies she'd, quite literally, dropped in on.

She found her head buzzing with Pinkie's hyperactive voice as she tried to keep up with her frantic speech, but Cat was fairly certain she was getting the just of what her earth pony guide was saying, basically and introduction to the different pony folk who lived nearby and in Ponyville. Interesting! The little filly might have to do some more socializing, with what Pinkie Pie was telling her, there were some very cool sounding ponies out and about in this little town.

She stayed silent, as nopony seemed to be directing any speech towards her, and let her blue and black body drift up and down in the warm air in a silly looking, lazy flight pattern.

Watching Pinkie's overactive self, Rainbow couldn't help but smirk ever so slightly before nodding to her pink pal's suggestion before soon soaring down to ground level so she could follow the earth pony. Offering a small nod towards the other two pegasi as she briefly let her footfalls land on solid ground.

"Okay," said Pinkie happily as she turned to address the new ponies. "This is the town square. It's where the town meets for important events and announcements, like when the mayor gives a speech, or when we have big town parties! Right in the center here is the town hall, where the mayor's office is and, uh, governmenty-type stuff happens. So if you need any of that kind of things, that's where that is."

Pinkie continued walking down one of the streets that intersected at the town square, taking a series of turns that began to lead them through the city via a meandering course without rhyme or reason to it. "That building over there is Rarity's boutique. She makes dresses, and she's really smart about things like colors and not putting too much candy on your gala dress. She's famous on the fashion scene, I think, she even designed the dresses for Sapphire Shores' last tour."

"Down this way," she made another few unnecessary turns, "is the doctor's office. Ponyville's small enough that there's not a big hospital, but there's always a nurse on staff and a doctor on call, just in case a piano falls your head." She smiled, then a strange look came over her as her nose wiggled. She rubbed it with her knee for a moment before calling out "HIDE!" and leaping under a porch moments before a swarm of angry hornets burst from a nearby tree.

Strawberry Orange

Orange followed Pinkie's excited rambling as she zipped from place to place... seeming to take the most obscure and unnecessary routes to get from place to place, but Orange had already figured out this was just Pinkie's way of thinking. She seemed to think more like a tangled ball of christmas lights than anything else.

Suddenly the pink pony screamed out something that sounded like "HIDE!" and dove out of sight.... just as a big swarm of hornets burst out of the nearest tree. Orange screeched to a halt in midair, freezing on sight. She stared down the swarm of hornets as they buzzed angrily in the air, almost seeming to make quick obscene figures in the air at her. Something had really ticked them off, and they were really itching for a fight. Orange didn't know if she could take on a whole swarm of hornets... she had first hand experience at just how stubborn they were and how far they were willing to chance down their targets.

• 2 weeks later...

"EEK!" Ponyfeathers, those were some seriously unhappy hornets! Cat was just about to touch onto the ground when Pinkie had called her warning, and with a flick of her tail Cat swerved upward at a quick 90 degree angle and shot into the first cloud she could see. She buried her tiny self into the cloud easily and peeked out with wide eyes to watch the insects, quaking fearfully.

What had made them so angry? Wait.. a better question would be.. how did Pinkie Pie even know about them before they'd even showed up? Cat grinned a little bit once she was sure she was out of harm's way. Pinkie must be some kind of psychic, pretty impressive for an earth pony! Oh that was just so cool, she'd have a lot of questions for her new friend once the threat was gone and it was safe to return to ground again.

• 4 weeks later...