Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Pastel pink

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Cyan and pastel yellow striped; punkish in style

Eye Color: Sky blue

Cutie Mark: A snare drum with a set of drumsticks

Physique: Feminine, but with a hint of build

Other appearance details: One golden earring on the left ear

Residence: Ponyville

Motivation: To be a rhythmic person in a world of dissonance, both literally and metaphorically

Likes: Playing instruments, especially drums; flying; dancing and singing to music; writing music

Dislikes: snooty music people, broken instruments, bitter foods

Character Summary: Djemba was born to two very musically talented pegasi. She gained an interest in music very early on, which was encouraged by her parents. She especially loved percussion instruments, finding them to be the backbone of music. As such, she took up drums much more smoothly than any other instrument, though she also learned to sing and play guitar and piano.

Her cutie mark came around the time she began to look for a band. It had become her dream to be the drummer for a band for a few months, and she knew that it was where her talents lied. However, she was still a young filly at that point, and there wasn't much for her. Therefore, she began to practice even harder than before, which gave her strong skill that already had a strong basis off of her talent and pre-acquired skill. By the time she became and adult, she was an exceptionally skilled drummer, being able to do just about anything on the drums. She had also continued to develop her piano, singing, guitar playing, and music writing skills, so she was a very well-rounded musician.

Around that time, she was approached by the Savage Stallions to be their drummer. The band wasn't terribly well known at that point, so there was a lot of room to get comfortable for her; she jumped on quickly, and has been with them ever since. She also often plays at Mocha Delight's cafe, both solo and with the band.

Djemba loves to be supportive and level-headed, making sure other ponies around her don't go insane. She doesn't like to be too emotional, but can let her emotions run away with her if she's not careful.

pegasus1unmarked.png

------------

Hopefully I'm doing her justice.

I think this looks good, before I make any final decisions though:

The only thing I'd suggest thinking about is declaring her a master drummer already- i think she should be very talented, but when you put it that way, it feels like there is not more room for the character to grow in that field. Not a necessary change, but wanted to point it out to inspire thought.