The Cantorbury Tails

Alright, everypony, I was recently struck by an idea inspired by Geoffry Chaucer's "The Canterbury Tales," which is basically a compilation of folk stories from several different people that reflect what each person finds entertaining, and what they notice in the world around them. My idea was to create a compilation work from different writers about some Canterlot folk tales from ponies from different trades and backgrounds.

What I'm looking for:

Pony narrator: preferably an original character, with their own characteristics.

Type of story: cautionary tale, pony fairy-tale, humorous story or the like.

Originality: If the story is just a ponified version of a well-known story, it sort of kills the impact.

Lore-bound: The story needs to be centralized in the lore of Equestria.

Would anyone be willing to write and submit a short story as told by one of their characters? I'm just looking for interested parties right now. If I get enough, I'll PM you all with details of how the framing will work, and what specifics I may need from each individual story.

It sounds like a rather fun little project. :)

I might be able to participate. I don't know. I'll have to see if I can come up with a good idea for something like this.