Lunch Date [DeepBass and Lilia]

Bass was trotting down the street, at a steady pace, being sure that Lilia could keep up with him. He felt somewhat embarrassed when he stretched his wings for takeoff upon leaving the establishment where they had met, completely forgetting that Lilia was an Earth Pony. Of course, we all learn from our mistakes, right? Let's hope. To be honest, any Pegasus could make such a simple mistake, especially when they were in Bass's position.

It had been a bit over a year since Bass had been on a legitimate date, and had kind of forgotten exactly what it was like, and the first date with a cute mare was no place for trial and error. No, hardly the proper situation. Neither the time, nor the place. Obviously, Bass was feeling a bit nervous, but had no intention of showing that. Like he had a choice.

The juice of the fruit that was the tangled bundle of nerves that was once Bass's brain stained every word that came from his mouth, as he attempted, and subsequently failed to make small talk.

"So, Miss Lilia, what do you do for a living?"

• Like 2

Lilia smiled as she walked with Bass, her eyes matching her feeling of nervous excitement. She had never been on a date before, mostly because the colts she knew were more interested in her twin. His question startled her out of her thoughts.

"I work with Mister Ring in his wedding planning business . He keeps me busy with the nervous mares and stallions that he can't seem to calm down...what about you, Mister Bass? What do you do?" she asked, eyes shining with curiosity. She was genuinely interested in the stallion she was going on a date with, abcs more she wanted to know more. She would never tell him she liked seeing his wings open.

Bass nodded, his amber aviators resting on top of his head, allowing his midnight blue, silver-flecked eyes to show in the sunlight. He smiled softly at the mare. "Well, that is quite the interesting profession, Miss Lilia. I'm a musician. I used to be in a band, here in Fillydelphia, but… things happened, and now I've been performing solo for the past year. I mean it pays the bills, and it's what I've always wanted to do, so I don't have any objection." The it was obvious from his voice that there was something connected to the band that hurt to think about. Bass looked up, and smacked into a street lamp. A most ungraceful move for a Pegasus. Normally, he would have pinned it on the fact that he wasn't wearing his glasses, but today it was a bit different. Thankfully, he just bonked his nose, causing his eyes and face to derp for a short moment and causing his wings to shoot out with a POMF, which caused a few small feathers to float to the ground. No major damage done. At least not physically. Mentally, Bass was cursing at himself for being so stupid, using the kinds of words that nopony should ever even think, let alone say. Of course brought on by the fact that he had more than likely just embarrassed himself.

Lilia heard the anguish in Bass's voice, leaving her questions for another time. She noticed the light pole at the same time Bass did, instantly aware that a laugh might be misconstrued. She leaned over and offered her hoof, wanting to help him up with some dignity.

" Are you ok? You have...really pottery eyes...and musician is way more interesting than wedding planning..." she asked, blushing as her own blue eyes sparkled with subdued interest. She would have hit the pole herself, if she had been on the same side Bass was.

Bass regained his composure after a second on the ground, and looked up, into Lilia's own beautiful, sparkling blue eyes. His mind shut down for a moment, and he stared quietly, until he was able to kick start his thought process again. He reached out for the offered hoof, and was helped back to his hooves. He chuckled, and rubbed his nose.

"Thanks… I normally wear my sunglasses. I used to get teased for my eyes, when I was a foal, and now, I guess it kind of carried over."

Bass looked back over to Lilia. Is she… blushing? She's so beautiful… Do NOT buck this up, Bass.

"Well, I can imagine they can tend to be one in the same, at some points. On stage, you're constantly battling with your own nerves, and when you're not on stage, you're constantly trying to juice your brain for new ideas. And in your line of work, you help other ponies through their nerves, and keep coming up with ideas for different kinds of weddings. That sounds rather enjoyable."

Why can't I stop looking into those eyes. Come on, Poneo. You're almost at the restaurant.

Bass began trotting again, making sure Lilia could keep up without problems.

Lilia giggled at the comparison of their work. She hadn't thought about her job like that before. After a brief pause, she smiled. Keeping pace with Bass was easier with him ensuring she could keep up.

" Why would anypony pick on you for your eyes? Different isn't always a bad thing...you're not a bad pony, are you?" she asked, amusement crossing her eyes briefly as she tried to imagine Bass as a bad pony and failed miserably.

Bass blushed lightly, as he opened the door, and looked back at Lilia, holding the door for her. He thought for a moment, a small flashback of his school days coming to him for a brief second. "Well, foals can be rather… judgmental. My sister Treble, and my friend Midsy used to always say that it was because they were jealous. My parents used to say that it was a blessing to have eyes like the Princess's night sky. I never really got it though. I'm not a bad pony, but we've all done at least one thing we're not proud of, I'm sure. Well, we're here."

Bass held open the door, revealing a quaint little restaurant. About half way to the predetermined sandwich shop, Bass had decided that the restaurant would be better for a date, and subtly changed course. The inside of the restaurant wasn't exactly five star, but it was definitely on of the better off places in the area. It had a slightly couple-ish feel to it, and the only reason Bass knew about it was through his sister. The restaurant was a dimly lit place, with soothing music playing throughout. The tables were a soft mahogany, as well as the chairs, the crimson carpeting adding to the romantic feeling just as much as the candle and rose on each table. Treble had told him that it was a romantic restaurant, but not exactly just how romantic it was.

Lilia nodded, noting that Bass had a valid point. She herself was fortunate enough to have avoided being the picked on, but her sister Violet had recently told her that a colt seemed to utterly detest her and often said that her magic was pathetic.

When they entered the restaurant, she gasped. It was beautiful! The romantic setting was far more than she had thought.

"Bass...this is beautiful..." she whispered, words failing her. Instead, she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek in gratitide for only Luna knew.

Bass was still somewhat perplexed by the setting of the establishment he had just opened the door to. It was definitely romantic. Bass's mind shut down as he felt Lilia place a kiss on his cheek. His face erupted in a deep blush, as Lilia delivered her surprise kiss. His attentions were once more ripped back to Equestria, when the hostess pony asked how many ponies were in their party.

"Oh, um... two, please."

As the hostess pony trotted off to prepare their table, Bass looked at Lilia, still blushing.

"So… what was that for?"

Lilia smiled at Bass, trying her best to suppress the idea that she had potentially driven him away.

"It felt right to kiss you...both the timing and the kiss..." she said, her smile more confident than she felt.

The hostess guided them to their table, informing them that their server would be along momentarily. Lilia took the opportunity to look around, realizing just where they were about the same time she noticed their server coming.

"Bass...this is Le Fleur, right? I've heard from my older sister that this place is...what did she say?...tres magnifique?" she asked, blushing at her butchered French.

Bass looked around, blushing at her explanation of the kiss, smiling as she justified it. To be honest, he thoroughly enjoyed it, as well as the fact that any mare would find him attractive, let alone want to go on a date with him. Then again, that was probably his low self esteem shining through. He looked around the restaurant, trying to remember the name. He had heard Treble say it once before, and Lilia's suggestion was more than likely right on the money.

"Actually, it was quite nice… the kiss, I mean. I actually think I'd enjoy a second… whenever you're comfortable with it, that is… Oh, I sound like an idiot."

Bass facehoofed, as his entire face erupted in a blush.

"And yes, this is Le Fleur. I figured it would be more appropriate than that sandwich shop that i had originally thought of. I mean, what gentlecolt in their right mind would take a beautiful mare to a sandwich shop? I don't know what I was thinking, to be honest."

Through that last statement, Bass's upbringing shown through in a way that his parents would be proud of. Then again, Lilia was a mare that they'd be proud to see him with,. and that Bass was glad gave him a chance.

Lilia smiled wider, her eyes twinkling as Bass blushed. She was more than willing to kiss him again. As she leaned forward to do just that, the server appeared. She seethed inside, hiding her frustration as she ordered a simple dandilion salad.

" I'm not...not all that pretty, really... I am, however, glad you liked your kiss... " she said, blushing at the compliment however.

Bass watched as Lilia leaned forward for another kiss, following suit, by leaning in toward her, as well, only to be interrupted, just before their lips met, as the waiter came to take their order. Bass aighed, and ordered himself a bowl of peppered potato soup, and a glass of wine for each of them. As the waiter wrote down their orders and trotted away, Bass looked back to Lilia, noticing that she possibly had a few self esteem issues of her own, because in Bass's eyes, she was beautiful.

"Well, Lilia, I find you absolutely stunning. And indeed I did enjoy it."

Bass smiled, kindly, as he looked into the sky blue gems that were Lilia's eyes.

Lilia blushed darker, smiling gently before attempting the kiss again. Her lips met his and she internally cheered. She liked kissing Bass.

" Stunning....you are the first pony to say that, aside from my siblings and mom..." she whispered when she broke the kiss, wanting to keep kissing him as long as she could.

Bass leaned into the second attempt at the kiss, his brain practically exploding with joy, as their lips met. He was trying his hardest to keep his wings from making too much of a scene, during the massive torrent of emotions that had broken loose and were now ravaging his mind. As the kiss was broken, Bass smiled at Lilia, the happiness from the kiss showing in his eyes as the candlelight gave the illusion of sparkling stars in the night sky.

"Well, you ARE stunning. And when somepony as stunning as you goes without being told that, then that is a grave injustice. And just to have shared not only one, but two kisses with such a stunning mare… Well, that, alone could make any life complete."

Lilia beamed at Bass for his compliments, still blushing when she had a sudden thought. Bass reminded her of Prince Shining Armor...at least what rumors she had heard about him, anyway.

" Just two? I hear some ponies give away their hearts for more than that...especially for ponies with stunning eyes and that can sing... " she teased lightly, hiding her admittance to starting to fall for Bass within the light tone.

Bass smiled at the blushing pink mare across the table from him, as a brief thought ran through his mind. What if he had never decided to visit the matchmaking establishment, he never would've met this wonderful mare, and never would've realized that his dream mare was actually out there. He smiled more as he thought of just how right Treble was, when she said that he needed to get over his past, and move on. As the waiter came, and delivered their orders, he blushed at Lilia's comment.

"Well, Lady Lilia, I'm sure any stallion in Canterlot would trade everything for even a single kiss from you. I guess that would make me the luckiest stallion in Equestria."

Bass winked at Lilia, as he began on his soup, another thought running through his mind. Perhaps he was actually falling for Lilia. This little thought played across his eyes, just like every other emotion that he had ever felt, which was usually the reason he wore amber tinted aviators or eyeglasses. Another thought played out across his eyes as well. If… if I am falling for Lilia, What will I do, when she goes back to Canterlot?

Lilia giggled and took a bite of her salad, wondering how she would handle going back to Canterlot without being by Bass. She looked at Bass and noticed that he was worried about the same thing.

"I think I may ask to stay here in Fillydelphia for a while...if Mister Ring is amenable to opening a new shop here..." she said, voicing her idea. She hoped Bass liked the idea, as well as Mister Ring.

Bass smiled at Lilia, quite obviously liking the idea of her staying in Fillydelphia. His eyes shone with excitement at the idea of her being there with him. And once again, it was quite apparent in his eyes. He managed another spoonful of his soup.

"And if not, Canterlot isn't that far. I could always come visit. Although I think I'd miss you too much."

Lilia laughed and nodded, understanding his feeling. She took another few bites of her salad as she figured out how she was going to speak her thoughts next. She gave a charming smile and bit her lower lip below she spoke.

"I would miss you too much to stay in Canterlot without you, Bass...I know I'm falling for you...any mare that didn't is a foalish mare and unworthy of you..." she stated in a gush, biting her lip again as she finished.

Bass blushed again, and smiled, looking down at his reclection in his soup. His wings involuntarily giving a small flap, then folding themselves back against his sides. He didn't know exactly how to top that, but he tried anyways.

"To be honest, Lilia… I think I've fallen for you, too. I can't think of a pony in their right minds that wouldn't think that you're the freatest thing in the world, without being considered psychotic."

Lilia smiled shyly at Bass, leaning over to kiss him again. Words were bring elusive for her, her heart fluttering at the way Bass had made her feel. She pulled away reluctantly, her eyes shining with joy.

" You honestly believe that, Bass? I...oh, Luna...I would love to stay by your side...if that is what you want..." she said softly, her smile still bright.

Bass leaned forward for the kiss, somewhat surprised, when she pulled back. His own heart was racing, as well. This sudden rush of emotion was something he hadn't felt in a long time. It had been so long, that he almost didn't recognize it, however he had felt it before, therefore, he recognized it, nonetheless. He finished his soup before he answered Lilia.

"Of course I really mean that, Lilia. I would like that… more than anything… to have you by my side."

Bass smiled, as he thought of finally having a special somepony to give his affection to.

Lilia finished her salad slowly, savoring each bite. When safe finished, she managed manuver herself to be beside Bass, nuzzling him when she finally settled down beside him. She gave a contented sigh, a peaceful smile on her face.

"Bass...I'm glad you asked me on a date...you're the kind of special somepony a filly dreams of growing up...particularly this mare. Well you be my special somepony, Bass?" she sighed, her question sincere. If Bass wanted to be hers, she would gladly be his. She could only hope that he wanted to be her special somepony.