Lunch Date [DeepBass and Lilia]

Bass looked down at Lilia, and kissed her on the forehead, smiling as she nuzzled him. He didn't think it was possible for him to feel this way, agakn, but bere was this mare, proving him wrong. And he was loving it. Just when he thought things couldn't have gotten better, she asked the question he had been waiting for.

He put his hoof under her chin, tilting her head to look him in the eyes, and kissed her softly, before answering her. "Lilia… you're the kind of mare that any stallion would give the world for… and the fact that I was given the chance to even spend this time with you is more than I ever could've asked. Just the fact that you agreed to go to lunch with me was enough to make my heart soar. To be honest, I didn't know if I was ready to give my heart to somepony else, again, let alone so easily, but now, I'm sure. So, to answer your question… I would love to be your special somepony."

Only a few ponies would've deciphered what Bass had meant a bout giving his heart out again. Granted everypony in Fillydelphia knew whoto Bass's band, Quikhor5 was, however, only a few ponies knew of the offstage relationship between Bass and the band's drummer, Steady Rhythm, although everypony knew of her passing. The incident had scarred Bass for almost a year, creating a sadness that had remained unbroken until today, thanks to this pink mare, who was now nuzzled against him.

Lilia heard the again, and it took her a moment to put two and two together. Bass and Steady Rhythm had been a couple. She nuzzled him again, understanding the pain of the loss.

"Bass...I'm sorry you lost Miss Rhythm...she was a beautiful mare. I don't want to replace her in your heart...but I do want to help you forget the pain." She said softly, once again nuzzling him. She was tempted to tell of her father but in the end vetoed the idea. Her dad passed when she was still small, and she remembered the devastation that wracked her mother and older sister.

"You're the first pony to ever have my heart, Bass. I'm thrilled to be your special somepony." She added after a brief moment, content to stay nuzzled against his side for now. He was warm and his feathers soft, something she remembered about pegasi.

"I love how soft your wings are...they're comfortable..." She murmured, fighting the urge to sleep just then.

Bass was slightly shocked at how quickly Lilia had figured out about his previous relationship, which the two rock ponies had kept hidden from the public. What shocked him more is what she said next. He looked at her, and offered a genuine smile, warmth practically emitting from the smile. He coul never forget his time with Rhythm, but something to make him forget the pain was something he would be more than happy to have. As he looked into Lilia's eyes, he couldn't help, but get lost in them. Bass always did enjoy being around earth ponies, and unicorns over pther pegasi. Granted, it made traveling a lot longer, it was still something he prefered. He smiled once more at the earth pony that he was so proud to call his own, and kissed her forehead again, as she nuzzled into the soft feathers of his wings.

"And I'm proud to have your heart, Lilia. And more than proud to call you mine. Don't fall asleep, on me. I've got the day off, and I'd like to show you how much Fillydelphia's changed. Well, if you have the time."

Lilia forced herself to stay awake at Bass's request, the idea of seeing Fillydelphia giving her a small boost of energy.

" I've got the next week because of the matchmaking service opening and Mister Ring being a very shrewd business pony. You needn't worry about time. I would love to see Fillydelphia with you. However, my fine stallion, I would like to hear you sing soon..." she smiled, laughing at her own overly prim tone. She nuzzled him again, just to let him know that he could sing whenever he wanted.

Bass blushed at Lilia's request, more than happy to honor the request from the beautiful mare that was nuzzling into his wing. He looked up, as he saw the waiter bring the bill to the table.

"I'd be more than happy to sing for you, Lilia. Well, are you ready to go see the town?"

Meanwhile, not too far from the restaurant where the new young couple was enjoying each other's company, a yellow unicorn was worrying herself sick.

"What's taking Bass so long? He should've been home by now. Oh, what if he got hurt? I knew I should've gone with him. Stupid stupid stupi-"

*knock knock knock knock knock!*

The overly worried mare was interrupted by a rapid, excited knocking on the door.

"Who the hay could that-"

The door swung open, and an overly excited pale yellow unicorn bounced into the house.

"Hey, Treble! Guess what!"

Treble raised an eyebrow at the bouncing unicorn, who was now bouncing in circles around her, beaming widely.

"What is it, Midsy? Do you know something about where Bass is?"

Midsy stopped in front of Treble, never dropping her smile.

"Yup!"

Midsy was taken by surprise, when the normally calm Soft Treble leaned back on her back legs, and put her front hooves on her shoulders, shaking her frantically.

"Well, then OUT WITH IT!"

Midsy's shocked expression quickly turned back to her normal, happy smile.

"Fine, miss psycho-pants. Weeeeeeeeeeeell. A friend of mine tild a friend of mine that an accquaintance of hers saw Bass at- wait for it, you won't believe this… Le Fleur! With a mare! Can you believe it?! Bass is on a date! At Le Fleur! I never thought I'd even hear of him being on the same block as Le Fleur, let alone taking a mare on a date there!"

Treble's expression turned to a look of surprise. Did this friend of yours know who this mare is? She must really be something for Bass to take her to Le Fleur."

Midsy began bouncing again. "Nope. No cllue who she is. Wanna go spy on them with me?"

Midsy's frantic bouncing was stopped by Treble's hoof pressing down on her head. "Why would you do that? Spying is wrong!"

Midsy's beam turned into a wicked grin, as she practically sang her opinion. "It's only wrong, if you get caaaaaaaught."

Treble sighed, and patted the eccentric mare on the head. "It's almost hard to believe that we're the same age, Midsy. Fine. Let's go."

Lilia grinned at Bass, giving him a quick kiss as she dropped the payment for the bill on the table. She didn't doubt Bass could pay...she knew he'd be spending more than that in a few hours.

Cherry was flying over Fillydelphia when she landed near Le Fleur. She had just finished a case with Sherlock and had asked him for a couple of days to see her little sister, Violet. She had received a letter from her mom about a horrible colt who had been calling her sister a runt and a failed unicorn because she didn't have her cutie mark. She froze midstride when she saw Lilia inside of Le Fleur. Her twin, her prudent and overly shy twin, inside of Le Fleur with a pegasus stallion...she couldn't believe what she was seeing! She flew as fast as she could, reaching her childhood home in less than an hour. She gasped for air for a moment before walking in and smiling at Violet.

"You'll never believe who I saw at Le Fleur! Oh, Vi, you have to come along and work a prank with me!" she gushed, practically scooping the filly onto her back.

The purple unicorn laughed as she was dropped onto the white pegasus mare's back. Her eyes sparkled with wonder as she settled in.

" Who did you see, Cherry? Was it the mayor's daughter? I like pranking her with you, big sister!" she asked, the glee in her voice the only evidence of her ruthless prankster mindset.

Cherry laughed with her younger sister, shaking her head as she took off.

"Nope! I saw Lilia! With a stallion! On a DATE of all things! We have to get a good laugh out of this event!" stated the pegasus. She flew as fast as she dared with the foal on her back, despite knowing that she was being egged on to go faster. When she got close to Le Fleur, she landed and began to trot to the resturaunt. She didn't want to miss a second of her prank's success.

Bass slid Lilia's money back toward her. "I'm sorry, babe, but I can't let you pay for all this. Don't worry. I've got everything, today."

He placed his bits on the table, and kissed Lilia softly, completely unaware of the two unicorn mares peeking through the window at him.

"Oh my gosh! Did you see that, Treble? It was so adorable! He's such a gentlecolt!" Midsy was whispering in her excited tone.

Treble was slightly shocked, as well. She hadn't seen her brother so happy in a long time, and definitely had never known him to be so romantic. "Wow. That's a surprise. You never stop surprising me, Bass."

Lilia kissed Bass back, smiling at him as she put away her bits. "If you insist, my dear one...where are we off to first?" she inquired, her eyes seeing and diagnosing the now three unicorns and the pegasus watching them.

Cherry gave a nod to the two unicorns in greeting, letting Violet down before giving the mares her most winning smile.

"Hello. So, do either of you know the stallion that my sister of kissing? I'm Cherry, this is Violet and the pink earth pony on there is Lilia...and I'm going to prank her now. Vi, use your unicorn magic and create that colt that Lili used to be annoyed by...another earth pony named Strong Spirit. He was cute, but not in the way Sherlock put that pegasus there is. And also throw in there a gorgeous mare...a unicorn, named Gentle Song." she stated,.hoping Lilia didn't know the next two ponies to be seated were going to be illusion.

Violet nodded and went to work, creating the two ponies as asked. She gasped as she finished, realizing when they stupid brogue he that they looked incredibly solid and alive.

"Wow...not bad for a blank flank, right? You two are soo lucky to be all grown up and know what you were born to do..." the filly sighed, looking up to the two unicorns as she sent the illusions inside. Now the real prank could begin.

Bass stood, and stretched, looking outside, spotting the three mares and the filly, outside. "Well, it looks like we're about to have some company.

Treble squeaked, and ducked down below the window, when she saw Bass look at them. "Yeah. That's my brother, Bass. I'm Soft Treble."

Meanwhile, Midsy was looking hard at Cherry, a feat that seemed impossible for the hyper-active unicorn. "I think I remember you from somewhere… I just don't know where." Her serious tone disappeared, as her wide smile reappeared, accompanied by a quick squeak. "Hi! I'm Midsy!"

Lilia sighed and laughed softly when she noted the four as well. She rose slowly, standing beside Bass with a smile of pride when she saw the illusions appear.

"Company, huh? My sister is a dead mare for dragging Violet into one of her insane pranks..." she giggled, trying to sound upset about her sisters being involved in an obvious prank.

Cherry smiled at Midsy, nodding.

" I'm the filly from a fee years back that dressed as Nightmare Moon to prank the mayor's daughter...I made the Fillydelphia Times for the next week..." she chucked, looking in to see her twin starting back at her. She smiled, nodding to Violet to set ip the real joke.

Violet gave a tiny nod, placing the fake apple tarts in her saddlebag along with one real one that she intended to eat as prpof that the pastries were edible. She giggled and eyed Soft Treble, walking over to her.

"You don't need to hide of you are doing just some simple mischief..." she said sagely, settling in with Treble while Cherry got to know Midsy.

Bass nudged Lilia, grinning wickedly. "What do you say we prank them back, then?"

Midsy shook her head. "No, no... That's not it... Although the prank was good, it could have been better performed... But that's not where I remember you from." Midsy thought for a moment, her fun-loving side shutting off, and her street-rat side kicking in. Midsy was quite well known amongst the other hooligans of Fillydelphia, having been a street pony since she was just a little filly. "Have you ever been to Fillie's?"

Treble looked down at the little purple Filly, and smiled. "Well, I'm not exactly the mischief type. That's more Midsy's specialty. I just hope my brother didn't see me. I already feel bad for spying in the first place."

Lilia grinned and nodded, mirroring Bass's wicked grin.

"Oh, yes. I would love to prank them back! But how?" she giggled, trying to figure out how to prank the ponies back.

Cherry blinked and nodded, shocked anypony remembered her from Fillie's.

"I did. Fillie's was one of the worst places that they sent me...it was aftet that stunt with the mayor's daughter..." she admitted, hardly proud of the trouble she had caused her family during that time.

Violet smiled at Treble, peeking up to see Lilia and Bass laughing together. It made her heart feel light, seeing her sister so happy.

"Mischief is ok, to a point. You are a good sister for not wanting to be a pest to your brother. I like when my dusters are laughing...out makes them more looks honest ponies..." she smiled, trying to help Treble feel better.

Bass kissed Lilia on the cheek, and nodded at the two illusions. "Well, the best way to prank a prankster is to play along, wait for the right opportunity, then strike back with a prank of your own. And I just thought of the perfect counter-prank."

Meanwhile, Midsy had finally put two and transistor together. "Yeah, I remember you now! You're Cheery Cherry! Remember me?! They used to call me Trouble Wobble! Remember when Ms. Fillie's record player exploded with popcorn? Yyyyyyours truly."

Treble was looking puzzledly at the little filly. Great. I'm being lectured by a filly. She may have a point, though. "How often do you and your sister prank your other sister? Seems like you've done it before."

Lilia laughed, her curiosity piqued.

"Oh? And just what kind of counter-prank do you have in mind, Bass?" she asked, still laughing. A counter-prank abounded fun.

Cherry laughed when she recalled the popcorn explosion. Trouble Wobble was one of the few fillies she had gotten along with at Fillie's.

" That was you? Oh, the Madam was livid! She blamed me and Silence for that stunt...I was the one that glued all of her things down, including her bedding..." she laughed, remembering how angry soul the pranks made Madam.

Violet smiled, thinking hard. How long had she been pranking her sisters?

"I...lost count...I know Cherry had the most pranks at four hundred two...and Lilia has a flat hundred...I'd say I have fifty on total...and twenty on my sisters...most of theirs are on each other..." she mused, doing the math quickly.

Bass grinned, as he remembered his counter-pranks that he used to use to get Midsy back for her little stunts. "Well, you keep them distracted, and I'll do what a pegasus does best."

Outside, Midsy was practically exploding with joy, at finding one of her old friends from her foalhood. "Well, the popcorn was easy. All I had to do was open a few of the resistors, and crosswire a capacitor or two, and the rest was left to the power source."

Treble was standing, mouth agape, frankly shocked at the filly's prank record.

Lilia nodded, her grin impossible to hide. She kissed him lightly, flashing the most innocent look she could muster.

"I will...shall we, my dear?" She smiled, doing her best to sound calm and collected.

Cherry laughed, knowing that only Trouble Wobble would ever think re-wiring a record player would be even remotely easy.

"You make it sound easy, Trouble. As if anything you do is ever anything but over-the-top!" She said between giggles, trying hard to settle down and breathe. This mare was the only pony that would remember how difficult that task was.

Violet smiled, looking confused.

"What? That's a small record as compared to my sisters...pranks run in our blood, I guess..." She said softly, blushing lightly.

Bass nodded, as he kissed her cheek one more time. "Okay. Go out there, and act like you fell for it, and get them in a small group. Oh, and be sure to stand a few feet away from them." And on that note, Bass headed out the back door, and took off, high into the sky, slamming his amber aviators over his eyes. He looked for the biggest raincloud he could find, settling on one easily big enough to do the job. He lay down on the cloud, and watched the scene below.

Midsy chuckled. "Nah. That one was foal's play. Now the dubstep dish rag was over the top." Upon thinking about the prank that gave her weeks of enjoyment, Midsy flopped over, and rolled on the ground, laughing hysterically.

Treble smiled kindly at the filly. I guess pranks just aren't really my thing. Midsy, over there is the prankster."

Lilia smiled and did as instructed, putting on an irritated expression before leaving Le Fleur. She pretended to only just notice her sisters, marching up to Cherry with determination in. her eyes.

"Did you see him? Cherry Imelda Bloom, you know that the pest is back, right? Why in the BUCK didn't you stop him?" she grumbled, tapping her hoof as she waited for a response.

Cherry was rolling with laughter at the dubstep dish rag when Lilia stormed out, her laughter dying as she canaan her role of being innocent.

"Who, Lili? Strong Spirit? No, I didn't see him...but maybe Vi did. You know her...she has those magic unicorn eyes." she said, all traces of laughter gone from her voice.

Violet smiled at Treble, facing her older sister with bravery. This prank was all in her hooves now.

"Lili, that's...true. I saw him, but I didn't know that he...umm...he's right behind you..." She said, using her magic to make the images appear behind her sister. She flashed Midsy, Cherry and Treble an innocent smile as she waited for the fallout of her prank.

Midsy flashed an innocent smile at Lilia. She had nothing to hide, since she had nothing to do with the prank. She walked closer to Cherry, and continued her grin. "Hi! I'm Midsy! Pleasure ta meet ya!"

Treble facehoofed, and trotted next to Midsy. Halfway, she decided it was time to play along. "I'm Treble. Oh... and somepony's right behind you."

Given the perfect opportunity, Bass left the cloud in place, and flew upward, flying down fast at the cloud, and kicking it hard, square in the center, causing almost all the water in the cloud to spurt out at the three mares and one filly below.

Lilia smiled at Midsy and Treble, the warmth overriding her play irritation with her sisters. She nodded to each of them before speaking. "It's a pleasure to meet you! Vi, Cherry...you two are...." She responded, noticing a blur of color as Bass hit the cloud. She grinned as her sisters, Midsy and Treble were drenched, laughing as she realized just how easy that actually was.

Cherry laughed with Lilia, the water falling off of her mane and pelt in tiny rivulets. She grinned at Violet, seeing the shock in her eyes at being counter-pranked. "Wow...Lili, good job. I wasn't expecting that from you or from that stallion. I'm impressed." She said, the laughter bubbling with her words as she shook off most of the water.

Violet stared hard at her sister, storming over to her with tears in her eyes. She hated being hit with rain with pranks, especially because the noise had truly frightened her. "Lilia...that was...really good...but I'm scared, sis...those booms and sudden downpours have always scared me...meanie..." She murmured, burying her head in Lilia's side. She was trembling hard, the water and fear making her colder than she ought to have been.

Bass hovered just above the former site of the cloud that he had used for the prank, admiring his work for a moment, before descending, and landing with a satisfied grin on his face. Upon landing, he pushed his aviators back on top of his head, and grinned wickedly at Treble and Midsy, before smiling at Lilia. "So how'd I do, babe?"

Midsy was bouncing joyfully, always enjoying a good prank, even if it was played on her. Treble, however, gave Bass the coldest stare she could manage.

Lilia smiled at Violet and nuzzled her lightly, trying to soothe away the fear as Bass landed.

"You did amazingly well. None of them were expecting it...ah. This is Violet, my youngest sister. My twin, Cherry, is the one that seems to be...bouncing....again." She introduced, shifting slightly to allow Violet to see Bass and be seen by him.

Cherry bounced with Midsy, beaming warmly at Bass.

"Pleased to meet you! That was the best counter-prank that's ever been done to me so far, Trouble's aside..." She said, noting that only Midsy would have come up with a better counter-prank than a cloud of water to her.

Violet stepped away from Lilia when her sister mentioned her name, looking Bass over seriously. She smiled at him when she finished, her eyes shining.

"So...you're the one that brought my big sister on a date. Good. Lilia needs to loosen up a bit...and Mom was wondering when she'd EVER find her own special somepony!" She stated, teasing her sister a bit before stepping back beside Treble.

"Does this mean that I get another big sister?" She asked Treble, looking up to the mare beside her. She had taken quite a shine to her.

Bass smiled at the filly, as she looked him over, and snickered at Lilia after hearing what Violet had to say. He watched as Cherry matched Midsy's frantic bouncing. He turned to Cherry and nodded. "It's a pleasure to meet you too, Cherry. It's kind of scary to see another Midsy running around Filly." Bass smiled at Violet, again. "Your sister is definitely special, Violet."

Upon hearing Violet's second comment, Treble blushed slightly, as the filly nuzzled against her leg. Thankfully for her, Bass had an answer.

"Maybe, Miss Violet."

Meanwhile, Midsy couldn't hold her excitement. "Oh my gosh! That would be so ADORABLE!"

Lilia blushed at Violet's comments, looking Treble over before smiling. She hadn't had a good look at either of the two mares. She watched Midsy bounce and sighed, seeing why Cherry got along with her.

"You're related to Bass? Oh...oh, my..." She asked Treble, her sister's shine to the other mare now becoming clear.

Cherry laughed at Bass's comment, grinning at him.

"I'm not a duplicate Midsy...I'm Lilia's twin sister...and Midsy is a fillyhood friend...one that Madam didn't like me being around. Oh well...like I'd listened back then." She said, the laughter still in her voice as she stopped bouncing to try to look as firm as the old mare she called Madam used to look.

Violet smiled at Bass and Midsy, joy in her eyes.

"Please, Bass? I like your sister...she's nice. And so is Miss Midsy." She said, the plea in her voice the same one that usually got her sisters to give her what she wanted.

Treble was perplexed by the filly, looking down at the pleading eyes, her heart melting. She looked at Lilia, and smiled. "Yes, I am. I'm his twin sister. Midsy's an old friend, but she's like family to us. Really odd family."

Bass looked over to Cherry, and nodded. "Ah, so you're the notorious prankster I've heard so much about. It's nice to finally meet you." Bass turned toward the filly, and smiled. "Well, Treble is the best sister in the world, and I'd be more than happy to share her, but it's a bit soon to be talking about marriage, don't you think?"