Lunch Date [DeepBass and Lilia]

Lilia flushed darker, trying desperately to not stuff her hoof on Violet's muzzle. She smiled at Treble and couldn't resist laughing.

"Violet! I work in the wedding planning business...these things take time. Bass and I have only been on one date! Besides, I want to know more about him...hear him sing...give us a few months before you marry us, Vi...You' re a twin, Bass? And neither of us look cookie our sisters. No offense Miss Treble. I know about weird relatives..." she said, her blush darkening. She was glad that she listened when Midsy and Treble introduced themselves.

Cherry laughed at both of her sisters, hardly believing her ears.

" She did the same thing to my special somepony. I love Sherlock, but marriage isn't on the table just yet...we've only solved a few cases together." she smiled, stuffing her hoof in Violet's muzzle as nonchalantly as possible.

Both and Treble looked at each other, then turned back to Lilia, bothe speaking simultaneously. "We get that a lot." Bass went quiet, as Treble continued. "See, Bass looks more like our father, but is a pegasus like our mother. No clue where he got the eyes, though."

Treble went quiet, and Bass picked up. "Yeah, and Treble looks like our mom, but is a unicorn like our dad. Has his eyes, and mane colors too."

"Yeah, and they DEFINITELY don't act like twins!" Midsy had somehow managed to appear between the two siblings. "I mean there's no way Treble would pull a prank like Bass did." She suddenly was right next to Lilia, and spoke in a hushed, but audible tone. "Total stick-in-the-mud, if you ask me." Now, she was back at normal volume. "Plus Treble would've fainted at the meer mention of her getting married. Surprised she didn't faint just now."

Lilia and Cherry shared a grin, laughing at Midsy together.

"We know the feeling."They said together, Lilia falling silent for a moment.

"Lilia here is our family mystery. Mom is a Unicorn, Dad was a pegasus like me. She has Dad's mane, Mom's eyes..." Cherry said, the sorrow at the memory of her father clear.

"Cherry is a miniature of Dad...but with Mom's eyes. I'm shocked that she hasn't told Mom what she's doing in Canterlot...being a detective's assistant was her dream and Dad's."Lilia stated, looking away as a tear fell. She missed her father.

Bass quickly picked up on the undertones of both mares' statements, putting two and two together rather quickly. He trotted over to Lilia, and nuzzled her softly. He honestly had no clue what to say. "Well, I'm sure he'd be proud of both of you. I know I would be."

Treble watched quietly, as she saw a side of her brother that she hadn't seen sinnce their own father's death so long ago. Almost as if she had a stunning revelation, her eyes shot open for a moment. "Oh, Bass. I got a letter from Mom, today. She said she's going to be stopping by for a visit within the next few days." Treble offered a kind smile to Lilia. "I'm sure she'd love to meet you, as well, Lilia."

Violet shot a look at her sisters, nuzzling against Cherry to give her the comfort she needed. She herself couldn't remember their father.

Lilia smiled at Bass, glad to know he understood. She nuzzled him back, her eyes showing the trust she placed in him.

"I hope so. Dad only wanted us to pursue our dreams...your mom is coming? I hope she likes me..." She said, a little spark of worry appearing. She hadn't met any other colt's parents before and wondered if Bass and Treble's mom would like her.

Cherry took the opportunity to put Violet on her back, prepping to take off to delivery the filly home.

Bass looked at Treble, somewhat confused. "I didn't see that letter, this morning."

Treble shrugged. "You know Mom. She had it hoof delivered. She can't have anything done normally."

Bass thought for a moment, remembering his mother's high class tendencies. "Yeah, sounds likefun Mom." He turned to Lilia, and kissed her on the cheek again. "Don't worry, hun. I'm sure she'll love you."

Before Bass could say another word, Midsy was in front of the couple, beaming. "Of course she will! Unless you're a troublemaker like me... or what she calls low brow. Oh! And she's reeeeeeeeeally protective of Bass and Treble. Oh I remember the last time Treble had a coltfriend. And when Bass was with Rhy-" Midsy cut herself off, slowly looking at Bass, wearing a look on her face that said "Oops." She giggled awkwardly, before continuing. "She doesn't exactly like me, but she accepts me. She thinks I'm crazy. Now why would she think that?" Midsy then let out a small squeak, her eye twitching, and her whole body jumping.

Bass raised an eyebrow at Midsy, and stretched a wing over Lilia's back, pulling her closer with it, attempting to comfort her, since it was obvious that Midsy wasn't exactly helpful. "Don't worry. She may be a little uppity, but she's nice, once you get to know her."

Lilia snuggled into Bass's side, laughing at Midsy's antics. Bass soothed her worries as she watched Cherry fly off.

"Uppity is fine...uppity is what Mom says she was before Cherry was born. Then she just accepted that her daughters were never going to be normal...not any of the four of us." she smiled, stunned at the speed Cherry returned with.

Cherry panted, landing with a thud back where she lifted off from.

" Mom wants you to visit her...she said you never bring your coltfriends home and if this one is your special somepony, she is going to meet him. I tried to tell her your last coltfriend was when you were in school..." she panted, knowing her sister hadn't had a coltfriend in several years.

Bass kissed Lilia on the forehead, as she leaned into him. "Well, my mom won't be here for a few days, so I don't see the harm in paying yours a visit."

"Yeah! You two should visit your mom! Maybe on the way, you can work that stick out of Bass's rump!" Midsy giggled, and squeaked again.

"Yeah, and maybe then I can beat some sense into you with it. How does tgat sound?" Bass was chuckling as he said this, hinting at the joking nature between the two.

"Well, it's been a long day. Midsy and I will leave you two to whatever you decide to do. Just be sure to be safe, Bass." And with that, Treble dragged Midsy away.

Lilia couldn't resist laughing at the rapport between Midsy and Bass, stepping over to Treble and giving her a hug.

"Be safe. Midsy, be good...and Cherry, go home. Sherlock must be waiting for you with a new case." she stated, nudging her sister aside momentarily to hug her. She truly loved her meddlesome siblings, even if it meant meeting her mother.

Cherry smiled, wrapping her wings around Lilia. The reminder about Sherlock caused her smile to widen.

"Thanks. I love you, Lili...just keep that stallion, ok? I like him. " she said, lifting off to head back to Canterlot.

Lilia returned to Bass's side, nuzzling into him.

"Thank you for putting up with my sisters. I know they can be a handful." She smiled, kissing him. He dealt with her sisters with aplomb.

Bass laughed at Cherry before she took off. "Trust me, you won't get rid of me that easily." Bass turned to Lilia and smiled. He chuckled lightly at her comment about her sisters, and returned the kiss. "I don't know which was funnier between the two. Although Midsy is quite the hoofful. Did you know that she put a spell on my dishrag that makes it play dubstep every time it touches a dish? It took me and Treble weeks to figure that one out. We eventually just got a new rag, and put that one in the drawer." Bass laughed at the memory of the confusion that Midsy's little prank had caused.

Bass looked into Lilia's blue eyes, and smiled. "So, where to, next, my dear?"

Lilia thought for a moment, smiling when an idea struck her. A gift for both her mother and Bass's would be simply perfect!

"Why don't we get something for our moms? That way neither of our moms can...can dislike either of us." She said simply, the fear of being disliked clear in her voice. She loved

Bass and wouldn't for the life of her leave just because his mom didn't approve...she just wanted to be approved of. She looked at the jewlery store next to Le Fleur, a necklace catching her eye.

"That's lovely...do you think your mom would like it?" She asked him, blushing. The sapphires and diamonds were sparkling wonderfully together and she noted the price was far lower than she had thought...thank Celestia for sales!

Bass looked at the necklace in the window, eying it over carefully. He turned back to Lilia, and smiled. "I think she'd love it, babe. But I don't think you'd have to make an offering to the almighty Alto Soprano just so you can be with me. She may be a well known opera singer who lives in a huge house in Canterlot, but she's not heartless."

Lilia blushed again, laughing softly at the idea that the necklace was an offering.

"An offering? I just thought it was pretty...I'm with you even if your mom doesn't like me. I just hope she does...I've... I've never met anypony else's parents before..." she said, whispering the last sentence.

Bass laughed. It had been a while since he had introduced a mare to his mother, but he still wasn't worried. He was sure that she would approve of her. "Don't sweat it, babe. I'm sure she'll love you just as you are. And even if she doesn't approve, I don't care. I love you and that's all that matters." Bass looked around. "So where does your mom live? If it's close, we can go visit her." Bass was somewhat intrigued as to what Lilia's mom was like, after meeting her sisters.

Lilia chucked, gesturing with her hoof the general direction they had to go.

"Mom is a few minutes west of here...on Harvest Lane. Fair warning...mom isn't shy about embarrassing anypony." she smiled, turning to lead the way. She flashed a charming smile over her shoulder for Bass, taking an opportunity to flirt with him a bit.

Bass grinned, catching up to Lilia, and matching her charming smile. He laughed for a second, and bumped into her, playfully. "Well, if it means I get to see that cute face of yours go red with embarrassment, then I'm more than willing to watch. Who knows, maybe she'll leak something useful." Bass grinned wickedly at Lilia, letting out a mock evil laugh.

Lilia grinned, imagining what could possibly be useful to Bass that she couldn't share.

"What do you mean, useful? There is absolutely nothing useful about my past...that I know of anyway. Embarrassing, yes, but useful? Doubtful..." she smiled, trying to not to giggle at Bass's mock evil laugh.

Bass kept up his smile. He knew full well what he meant, and it showed in his eyes. "Useful as in something I can tease you with later. Pretty much anything I can use to make you have that cute look of embarrassment. I figure that if I learn what embarrasses you, I can see it a bit more often." He kept walking, bumping her again for good measure.

Lilia laughed, bumping back against Bass. She stopped before a pale blue house, hesitating a moment before knocking on the door.

"Mom? It's Lilia. Cherry told me you--ahh! Mother!" she called, jumping in shock when the door flew open to reveal a petite red unicorn with a triple moon cutie mark.

"Hello, Lilia darling. You must be the gentlecolt that took my daughter on a date...I'm Sapphire Shine, mother of the whole quartet of Bloom sisters. What is your name, Dearie?" the unicorn asked, a mischievous smile lighting her eyes.

Bass snickered at Lilia's reaction to the sudden opening of the door, then turned his attention to the unicorn on the other side of the door. He offered the most polite smile he could muster, accompanied by a short nod. He was involuntarily set back ti the way he was raised, the switch in his brain kicking itself to gentlecolt mode. "Indeed, I am, Ma'am. It is truly a pleasure to make the acquaintance of the mare who raised such a fine and lovely young mare. My name is Deep Bass, son of the jazz musician Nickel Strings and the famous opera singer, Alto Soprano. I was quite looking forward to meeting you, ma'dam." He offered a half bow to the mare upon finishing.

Lilia sighed, blushing when Bass called her lovely. She kept quiet, watching her mom got any sign that she may need to intervene.

Sapphire smiled, giving Bass a return bow before looking at her second eldest.

"Oh? You're the son of Alto and Nickle? Did they tell you about the time Nickle and Refreshing Storm tried to get Alto to sing rock and roll music? Ah, come in. Lilia, I made Apple Bread...your favorite. Next to dandelion salad." she bubbled, recalling the event with a twisted giggle.

Bass's eyes went wide, when Lilia's mom mentioned his mother being badgered to sing rock music. The sheer mental image of her doing so caused Bass to chuckle. "No, Ma'am. I'm sure it was quite hilarious." Bass nodded, and followed Lilia inside. As he walked in behind her, the smell of the apple bread hit him like a brick. And it smelled wonderful. He had just eaten at the restaurant, but somehow, he felt that he could make room for the bread. He leaned over, and whispered to Lilia. "She seems rather nice so far."

Sapphire glanced at Lilia, the twisted smile still on her face.

"Such a let down...Lilia, darling, get me the photo album. Bass, sit and have some of my bread...of you'll kiss my daughter first." she grinned, watching her daughter blush at both requests.

Lilia sighed at her mother's request. She was blushing from both embarrassment and desire to kiss Bass again.

"Nice, huh? Oh, boy...the photo album...yay..."she sighed, the blush threatening to turn her mane pink.

Bass's face turned red at the request. Any other time, kissing Lilia would've been no problem, but this was a bit... strange. First and foremost, it went against everything he had been taught, growing up. It was all very strange. He turned, and whispered to Lilia. "She's evil... but I'd love to see that photo album." He grinned at Lilia. "Ready when you are."

Lilia blushed, her mother's request just what she was expecting.

"I warned you. Mother is very evil...I love you, Bass." she whispered, balancing the photo album on her back as she leaned in to kiss Bass.

When Lilia's lips met Bass's, Sapphire lifted the album off her daughter's back, allowing it to open to Lilia's school days. The foalhood photos would be opened after they all ate. She kept quiet, glad in her heart to see her daughter happy.