[Canterlot] Canterlot Castle and beyond! [Closed]

OOC: This topic is between:

AlisonRose - Cadence

Solaria - Gamer Luna (Luna)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

CadencepostBannerwithtext.png

Cadence awoke from her slumber with a yawn and a stretch. She was ready for another night with Luna as she often flip flopped between staying up all day or staying up all night as she helped the sisters Luna and Celestia. She took a deep breath and then stood up from her bed and shook her mane about as it quickly formed itself back into its regular style the colors sitting as perfect as they always do without her even having to try. She grinned at herself in the mirror in her room and opened the door into the halls of the Canterlot Castle as the Night Guard was just getting on shift and taking over the Day Guard. She slowly trotted forward wondering if Luna was also awake or if she was holding onto her slumber for a moment longer.

"I should most likely go find her to make sure she hasn't gone off on her own and decided something drastic without my presence." She giggled to herself as she thought about how much that her presence was only a political image and she was fine with that at the moment. She swished her tail about a few times as she walked past the guards who all saluted her. She was now in one of the mane hallways of the Canterlot Castle and was looking around and with a subtle yawn trotted into the kitchen and got herself a glass of water before walking back out into the hall and stopping just outside of Luna's door. They were the only two residences in this wing of the castle and the guard often didn't stay around their rooms and simply waited at the hall entrance.

Blink.

Luna snored softly, wrapped snuggily in a coccoon of midnight sheets on her large circular bed.

Blink.

Luna stirred slightly, a small look of consternation crossing her sleeping features as her snores faded to deep breathing.

Blink.

One eye opened slowly, peeking out from the warm mound of princess and comforter to fix solely on the one part of her entertainment system that she had failed to turn off that morning. A part that was blinking to remind her of her forgetfulness... Right into her face as she slept. With a small groan of irritation the dark pony wiggled from her comfortable position, sliding to rest on the edge of her bed with a big yawn. Her horn shimmered with uncertain magic, as though the arcane flows weren't sure their wielder was conscious enough to warrant any actual effect.

The heavy curtains that kept Luna's chambers in perpetual twilight began to part themselves at a gentle pace, steadily revealing the brilliance of her sister's setting sun and the beginning of true dusk. Scratching a hoof through her tangled starry mane, the alicorn stood and ambled out to the balcony to witness the final searching tendril's of the celestial giant's burning rays as they sank below the horizon. She waited for a few moments, relishing the soft embrace of darkness as it flowed over the sky like an inky wave. Her wavering aura of magic intensified, growing to an almost blinding intensity until the rim of the moon peeked over the foothills. Satisfied, she cantered back into her room to wash her face in the basin.

As she scrubbed, Luna's ears pricked to the clicking of hooves as they stopped just outside her door. After levitating a small cloth across her muzzle to dry it, the princess grabbed her polished obsidian crown in her teeth as she walked by to undo the latch and reveal her visitor. It was Cadence, of course, looking perfect and cheery. Who else would it have been anyway?

"Gud eefning," she managed to mumble around the adornment in her mouth before she rose it into the air to settle behind her horn. "What are you up to?"

Cadence grinned at Luna who was fiddling around with her crown.

"It is good to see that you finally went to sleep eventually after all of your gaming." She giggled slightly as she adjusted her own crown a bit with an even larger grin to Luna. "How are you feeling this lovely night?" She rubbed the sleep from under her eyes. She used her magic to move part of Luna's mane out of her face with another giggle. She looked around as the moon started to peak over the castle and with a wiggle of her own flank with look over to the guards who were filling out of the hallway into the rotunda.

"What events did you plan for us this time around? I sure hope no more of that gaming that you seem to spend all day doing." She grinned even larger and winked to Luna before turning to the side and putting her glass of water on the floor with her magic so that she could stretch and crack her back.

Luna couldn't help but smile back at Cadence's grins, they always seemed so mischievous. She may be a goody-four-hooves, but she was still a kind and caring niece. There was something to be said for that anyway.

"Well, there is less time for entertainment during my duties so the early morning is usually the best time to catch up with everything," she muttered, casting her gaze to the side. Nice or not, Cadence didn't quite understand the devotion required to stay viable in most modern games. To become stagnant was to fall behind! "I'm feeling fairly well. No more tired than usual after raising the moon."

As the pink mare wiggled her flanks at the shuffling guards before starting to stretch, Luna reared and flopped over the other alicorn's back, resting all of her weight there as she loosed a very involved yawn. Her front hooves pushed firmly down on Cadence's spine to help relieve pressure before she nuzzled her chin over the same spot with a tiny smile. The guards were always so fun to tease like this.

"Hmph, I'm sorry that you cannot appreciate the entertainment value of games dear niece, but we could always go down into Canterlot!"

Luna knew that Cadence often enjoyed being down among the other ponies in various forms, and that she was no less prey to shopping at times than anypony else. After all, the new REA: Modern Soldier 3 was coming out at midnight, and the dark royal was searching for any excuse to slip out of the castle and obtain it. There were even heavy rumors that a Shining Armor lookalike model for one's character could be unlocked if the right conditions were met! That and, even though the princess of the night wouldn't openly admit it, some part of her enjoyed beating the overconfident foals whose parents thought it was a wonderful idea to let a game foalsit their children rather than watch them themselves.

With a playful flank bite Luna dropped to her own hooves again and finished straightening her mane where Cadence had stopped, looking at the other mare with a carefully blank face.

"Would you like to?"

Cadence eep'd at the bite and then shook her flank a few times. She too had known the true intentions of Luna was to go out and get the game, she knew of the Shining Armor character skin and that was about the only reason she would be getting the game as she would most likely only play with Luna.

"I don't see why we can't go and get you that new game you wanted." She grinned largely and closed her eyes making a very happy face and tilting her head to the side a bit. "Do you happen to know how to get the Shining Armor character Skin? He told me that he was modeled for an extra look-a-like if you did something in the game." She was honestly wondering why in the world he would do that as he himself never had time for games between spending time with Cadence or his guard duties. She started to walk to the doors of the hallway with a smirk still on her face, she knew that Luna was more then eager to go to the shops but Cadence still didn't know if any store that sold the game would still be open at this strange hour.

"Do you think that the shops will be open? I was thinking of looking for a new pair of hoof guards. These ones are getting rather lose for some reason." She shook her hoof around as she noted how lose her hoof guards had become. She still grinned at Luna and waited for her to either trot to her side or take the lead.

QVlGi.png

Luna quirked a brow at her niece's response. Of course she'd invited Cadence to play games a few times, but they had always been rather mild or casual. REA was a bit more involved, in that it required a better reaction time, knowledge of the weapons and maps, spawn points, common tactics, the list went on and the dark pony shook her head to clear it. Maybe the other princess wasn't actually wanting to play with her, and only knew of the launch because her husband was supposedly in the game in some form. Either way it didn't matter, because Cadence did have a reason to go shopping, just as expected.

"If you insist," Luna said serenely, secretly cheering that she would be able to pick up the game without Cadence bugging her about going to a wine bar or something similar. "I've read previews of the game, and it seems likely that the Shining Armor skin is obtained by doing an in-game feat such as your gallant husband might achieve. And of course shops will be open, some are actually only open during my night. I'm sure we can find some new hoof guards at one of the boutiques you like so much."

The alicorn trotted to stand next to her companion once more, leading the way down the stairwells and out into the streets below, a joyful gleam in her eye at the fun that was about to come, even if it did mean fashion shopping with Cadence in the process.

With a very large grin she nodded to Luna and used her magic to open the doors for her.

"Well then lets get on our way shall we?" She giggled a bit as she walked forward trying to stay but a few steps behind Luna.

"Do you really think that Shining Armor would commit such an act of bravery and bravado for a game? I mean, I wonder how disproportional it is to how he really is." She knew that it was most likely pretty accurate since he himself did the voice and the image for the character and got to make his own lines for his character. It was most likely going to be something amazing like defeat the entire army of changelings with only using your Unicorn Magics. As was the case in most other games like that but it wasn't so sure that it would be now.

"You don't have to accompany me into the store to look for Hoof Guards if you didn't want to, it was just a suggestion for something that I could do while you discussed the game with the game store clerks." She grinned and giggled again as she opened the doors to the Canterlot Castle and was surprised to see ponies waiting outside with loud cheers as she and Luna walked out onto the steps.

"What in the world?" She had never seen anything like this and wondered if Luna had also made some sort of deal with the game developers to be added into it or used as a marketing tool for it.

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm sure I wouldn't know," Luna replied with a detached air and a set brow, looking bemused. "He is YOUR husband, is he not? You would know better than I."

The alicorn was already nightdreaming about playing the game, with explosions and shouts of encouragement ringing through her mind. Victory could be found in teamwork, and if not she was ready to drag her team through to success on her own four hooves. The developers were usually fairly good with the game balance, anyway. She hoped the Shining Armor character would have some special ability to unlock as well.

"I'll join you if you wish, it's not as if hoofguard shopping is terribly boring. I just look forward to the purchase of the game more."

The dark princess was surprised when the open doors let in a cacophony of cheers and calls from a crowd in the garden. How long had they been waiting there?!

"Perhaps they are here to see you, my newly-wed niece. I cannot think of another reason."

Without further ado, Luna pushed through to the gates while nodding and giving a mild smile to those who called out to her. REA was waiting, and she had to be there when it released!

Staring off in disbelief at the thought that all these ponies were here to get her own attention was all that Cadence could do as she slowly trotted behind Luna who lead the way into what seemed to be a never ending crowed.

"I wouldn't be so sure, a majority of them seem to be holding signs for the game that you are going to get. Even some going as far as to say "Add me" whatever that means." Cadence knew nothing of games and didn't even bother to fake it around Luna. It was obvious that Luna didn't mind since the two of them still played some games together but none that Luna was actually very into. Most of them were simple games like 'Running of the Leaves 2k12' or 'The Grand Pony Games of Summer' which was duly noted one of the few games that Cadence was actually good at. She grinned largely and waved to all of the ponies calling out to her, it was strange to be famous, no to be THIS famous. She had dealt with a lot of things like this thanks to the wedding but it was strange to see it getting to this sort of a scale where some of these ponies seemed to have been waiting outside for the WHOLE day just to see Cadence and or Luna. It was a good feeling to be loved this much by your followers but it also felt a touch odd that some were waiting so long when they could have been doing other things in their spare time. She adjusted her crown as she had seen Luna do but kept on with the same pace as Luna did just to not get left behind.

"Oh well you do not have to come with me for the Hoofguards, they can easily be gotten alone or with some help from the store assistant. I would hate for you to miss your release event just due to my long amounts of shopping." Cadence giggled softly to herself as the two trotted out onto the mane street that lead straight into the heart of the town. Cadence knew the way to Luna's favorite game store and right across from it was the boutique that Cadence would get her new Hoofguards made at.

"Shall we be off then Luna?" She looked at the moon that was just rising over the hills now, it was such a lovely sight that Cadence seemed to have lost track of her hoof placement and almost tripped over herself. There was not a cloud in the sky so all of the moons glory was being shown.