A Fun Idea.

I just had a fun idea for something everyone could do.

Everyone post a setting containing a location, some characters, an object, and an event, like this:

Sugar Cube Corners

Derpy, Rainbow Dash

A carrot

Rainbow orders the last muffin

After enough people have posted these, everyone will pick one of the settings and write a short story telling what happens. Make sure to provide the setup for the even, the event actually taking place, and the conclusion. You can use other characters not included in the setting, but only for bit roles that don't really effect the plot. For example, using the setting above, you could have Mrs. Cake sell Rainbow the muffin, but you couldn't have Pinkie pop out of it and throw a party. Of course, this is meant to be fun, so if you really want to have Pinkie pop in randomly, feel free. :D

Since this is an all ages site, I'd like to ask that you go very light on the shipping. Feel free to include some shipping in the story (like Lyra saying she needs to leave early because Bon Bon is waiting for her), but these really shouldn't be love stories, just simple little interactions between ponies. Also, keep these things appropriate for all ages.

Finally, if you want to post more than one setting, or write more than one story, or post a setting but not write, feel free. I'll only ask that you don't write a story using your own setting, and that you don't write a story if you haven't added a setting. It's quick to do, and the more people do it the more options people will have. Since these stories should be pretty short, feel free to post them here. Also, please make sure to mention what the original setting was.

I hope people like this idea!

I'll start with a setting (feel free to use the example one if you want)

The Library

Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash, Twighlight

Ticket to the Wonderbolts

Rainbow is Chasing Scootaloo

Ok.

Twilight Sparkle is sitting peacfully in the library studying, thinking how today will be without any surprises. Just as she thinks this, Rainbow Dash comes bolting through the door, amlost knocking over the purple unicorn in the process. Behind her, Scootaloo comes, trying to catch her. "Give me my ticket, Rainbow Dash," Scoots says as she jumps to try and tackle the rainbow maned pony. Dash dashes out of the way just in time for Scootaloo to plunge head first into a bookshelf, causing several books to fall on the floor. "No way Scoots," Rainbow Dash said with a sly smile, 'If you want this ticket to see the Wonderbolts, you're gonna have to catch me!"

For several minutes Twilight stood stunned as Scootaloo tried catching RD, knocking books off the shelves nd disrupting other items. "Scootaloo can you.... Rainbow Dash stop... a library isn't a place to chase each other." No matter what Twilight said, the two kept chasing. Finally Twilight had enough.

With a glow of her horn, Twilight caught Rainbow's tail, causing her to stop dead in the air. At the same time she created a magical barrier which Scootaloo hit and bounced off like it was made of rubber. "Rainbow Dash, give Scootaloo her ticket." "Aww... fine," she said as she handed the filly the ticket. "Now you two know better chase each other in a building. You both could have got hurt and you did mess up my library. "Sorry Twilight," Scootaloo said as she shuffled her hooves. 'Yeah, sorry Twi," Rainbow Dash said.

"It's ok. Now, how about you two help clean up this mess, ok?"

(End Credits)

New set:

Ponyville Park

Fluttershy, Applejack

Wynona (AJ's dog)

fell into abandoned well

Applejack sighed to herself. As she wandered through Ponyville park, searching for her dog. If figured that as soon as she turned her back, Wynona would run off and get herself lost. Oh well, hopefully she'd turn up soon enough. After all, she was a smart dog and not likely to get into any sort of serious trouble.

"Wynona! Wynona!" Applejack called, hoping that her dog would hear her.

"Arf!" She heard coming from a small, overgrown patch of trees where nopony ever went.

"Wynona!" Applejack yelled.

"Arf! Arf!" Listening more carefully this time, Applejack detected a note of urgency in her dog's voice. Dang it! Why did Wynona have to run off and get into trouble. This wasn't like her at all!

"Hold on! I'm comin'!" Applejack called out as she dashed towards the thicket, trying to remember why nopony ever went there. Of course! There was an old abandoned well, and the Mayor had asked that ponies stay away until it was sealed up. But that had been a few years ago, and by now everyone had forgotten about it. Wynona must have been playing over there and fallen in the well!

"I'm here Wynona!" Applejack said as she burst through the and found herself face to face with... Wynona? The dog was right there in front of her, totally unharmed, and jumping up and down frantically.

"What in tarnation?" Applejack said, now thoroughly confused. If Wynona hadn't been hurt, why was she barking so loudly?

"What's wrong girl?" Applejack asked the dog, who turned around and ran over to the well. Applejack followed, and when they finally got to the well she could hear a very faint noise coming from the well. Leaning closer, she listened very hard, trying to make it out.

"Help!"

Startled, she looked down into the well and saw, to her complete and utter surprise...

"Fluttershy? Is that you?"

Fluttershy looked up and beamed.

"Oh Applejack! I've been trapped down here for hours!"

"Why didn't you just fly out?"

"Oh, I tried, but it's very high and I got scared."

Applejack made an incredulous face. "Fluttershy, this well is ten feet deep. Is that really that high?"

Fluttershy nodded her head vigorously.

"Ok then. Why didn't you call for help?"

"I did."

"I could barely hear you and I was standing right over here? Why didn't you call louder?"

"Oh, but it's such a nice day out and I didn't want to disturb any ponies who were enjoying it."

Applejack's jaw dropped at this. "Didn't want... Fluttershy, you're trapped down a well! I don't think anyone would mind if you called for help!"

"Well, you're here now, so I didn't really need to call for help..." Fluttershy mumbled.

Hearing that, Applejack just gave up. Sighing to herself, she took Wynona's leash and dangled it down into the well. Fluttershy grabbed on and used it to steady herself as she slowly flew up. Finally, she reached the top, and when she hopped out she gave a little cheer.

"Whooooo"

Applejack shook her head, then asked Fluttershy the question that had been on her mind this whole entire time.

"Fluttershy, how did y'all end up down there in the first place?"

Fluttershy blushed. "I, um, tripped."

"Tripped, but that walls two feet high?"

"I was... flying."

"You were flying? How do you trip while flying?" Applejack started to say, then thought better of it. It didn't matter how Fluttershy had gotten down there. All that mattered was that she was safe now. She was about to say goodbye when her pink haired friend turned to her and smiled.

"Thanks for saving me Applejack! I was worried I'd be trapped down there forever. And thank you Wynona. If you hadn't told Applejack where to find me I'd still be down there." Fluttershy said, patting Wynona on the head.

"'T'wern't nothin'" Said Applejack. "Now come along Wynona. I know you had a good reason for runnin' off, but we need to go for a walk now. Kay?"

"Arf!" Wynona barked, wagging her tail.

"That's a good girl." Applejack said as the three friends walked away together.

Once again I take what should be a short story and make it hideously long. Now, time for three settings!

Photo Finish's Gallery

Derpy, Twighlight, Big Mac, Photo Finish

A Crayon

Photo Finish is holding a gallery showing off her newest works

Cloudsdale

Soarin, Spitfire

A Blanket

Soarin is trying to keep the blanket away from Spitfire

Celestia's statue garden

Discord (the statue is talking), Pinkie Pie

A Funny Hat

The statue of discord has started singing