Decibel Disc /DJ:N30N (Final)

QuickLime

Um, comparing your current post to the post that Scotchie made, giving you a full set of rather viable spelling and grammatical corrections that you seem to have passed up, the only changes are that it's shorter, and he's gone from 'no talent' to 'minimal talent'. It also strikes me that this character would be pretty doomed the first time somepony took a live recording of him and distributed it to his 'fans', where his magic would have no ability to compensate for his lack of talent. It further occurs that, if he's to be as arrogant and underwhelming as what you've written for his personality, that nopony would actually want him on their stage - he'd likely have to pay for many of his performances himself, and that quickly stops being profitable for what is in short a novelty act.

You haven't really incorperated any of the suggested changes, nothing about a focus on showmanship or flare, nothing about using charm or flashy effects to win over an audience. His mane is still "a pale turquoise with pail green highlights" [sic], and the application still smacks very heavily of 'mind control'; you don't use those exact words, but it is still very heavily implied.

If you are going to help critique applications, I suggest you read the following:

- And read the third and fourth paragraphs. Please remember that your attitude does more to deliver your message than the points you make and if you are rude or inconsiderate of those you speak with, your points are meaningless.

@Quicklime- Your application has been approved twice by BBB and I would keep at it. It is a very interesting character whose controversies at this stage appear contrived.

I will admit that while I was angry when I re-wrote the app I used my anger to my advantage, the rewrite is not a jab or stab at anyone that's posted here, it is how the character I want is, I can leave behind the manipulation, mind control, and all but at the core there is still a egotistical hack that can't get by on his own merits whatsoever.

Well, this character has gone through the wringer and has certainly seen it's fair share of rewrites and issues, but I think you finally have hit a sweet spot that allows for a variation of the idea you were going for WITHOUT crossing into undesirable territories - as such, I've read over the application and feel that there's really nothing left keeping it from an approval stamp at this juncture...and as such, here it is!

AppApproved.png

Took a while, but there you are!

I know this just got approved, but I was thinking -- what if Decibel was able to play music that could influence the mood of a pony? Sad music might make them feel sad, happy music could influence happiness, etc. This might allow you to keep in the spirit of his original design while staying respectful of the roleplay environment.