Helpful suggestions? <=D

Bijlmuts

Ok. So I go through phases where I can draw decently then sometimes not at all. I recently came across a picture I made nearly 8 years ago which I only used MS paint with. Very eerily MLP: FiM style too. It inspired me to get back into the digital art thing.

Problem is I have no scanner to get my hand drawn stuff onto the computer so I will have to do it all digital, also I no longer have a tablet.

It is sooo frustrating to me since I could apparently do it pretty fine all those years ago in my spare time but i am useless now.

Any suggestions on how I can go about this without buying a tablet or scanner?

Well there are tons of ways you can go about this. The power cord for my scanner went missing a few months ago and I have no idea where it is, so I just use a digital camera to snap pictures of sketches and upload them. The lighting can make it a little frustrating, just have to work out how and where to do it so there are no awkward shadows.

Also if you're over 18, weigh more than 120 lbs, live in a major City in America and aren't afraid of needles you can do what I did to buy my tablet: Donate plasma at a Plasma Center. You can get between $30 and $60 a visit depending on your weight. I suggest you research it so you know all the potential risks involved. Plasma Centers are pretty sterile now a days but you always gotta be careful when working with blood.

I'd also suggest you upgrade from MS pain. Paint tool Sai and Gimp are pretty easy to get free, and I got a copy of Photoshop elements when I bought my tablet (though it's laggy and I don't use it personally).

I would use a camera but I left it in my friend's van and he is on vacation for a month but that is something I didn't think of trying.

I tried donating Plasma for Biolife about 2 or 3 years ago but they said no because I needed 5 more pounds. I got them then they said because I lived in england for a few months made me illegible because I may or may not have mad cow disease. Which makes me laugh but whatever. But doesn't matter anymore since I am again living in england and kind of in the middle of no where.

I have photoshop Cs6 and inkscape that i have never used.