Everypony on the Dancefloor! [ Pm me to join! ]

Squishy turned his head back to the owner and paused in thought. He knew what water was, but had never heard of this other drink. He remembered that he still had a lot to learn, and no better way to learn than first forearm experience. "I'll have the cider please" he said enthusiastically.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thunder nodded with a strained grin and retreived a cider for the mantis, which he pushed towards the creature carefully, making no sudden movements. He looked up as he heard a victorious cry. He heaved a tired sigh and waved at the two newcomers, wishing that he could just go to bed at this point.

He turned to Squishy and tilted his head. "So, uh.. What brings you here, did you say?"

Squishy was too busy trying to fathom how to work the pony invention, the cup, to immediately respond to Thunder. After looking at it from a few angles he diped his head into it. He triangular head proved to be a snug fit however, so when he lifted his head back up to talk, the cup remained attached to his mouth, cider and all. He tried to talk to thunder but only produced a series of comical bubbles and gurgles.

Snowy slowly sneaks under the bar table next to Thunder, too terrified to stand anywhere near the giant insect alone. She cautiously peaks her head up from under the table to see if the mantis was still there, and unfortunately for her, it was. She immediately ducks back down underneath the table and curls into a shaking ball.

Squishy noticed the sudden movement coming from under the table. Sudden movement was usually a bad thing in the wild, but there couldn't be anything dangerous here, could there? He peaked his head below the table, the cup of cider still stuck on his mouth and let out a few more gurgles of attempted speech at the quivering mass of pony.

Mango waved back before heading off to continue to marvel at the club, while Imperial merely cast a glare.

"What am I supposed to do now?!" Imperial yelled at Mango quite angrily, but sighed as Mango was nowhere to be seen. The unicorn dragged herself to see more of the building, and she spotted quite an interesting sight. "A...A mantis?" she spoke to herself, quite interested at the sight of the unusual creature before her eyes. She had done some studying at her private school about various creatures, and had never expected to see one of them in person. More importantly, what was one doing here, of all places? "Ugh, such an insect should not be spending their time at such a barbaric place. He could be somewhere much better along these streets." she spoke in disgust about the club.

How was she supposed to have fun at this place? Mango was off having the time of her life, while she was dragged into this vicinity.

Thunder couldn't help but laugh at Squishy as the glass got stuck on his face, and after having a friendly chuckle at the sight, reached over to give a helping hoof. However, the mantis then stuck his head under the table where Snowy had hidden, and Thunder, feeling quite protective of the mare, reacted swiftly, trying to distract the creature.

"Hey, Squishy, you never answered my question."

Renegade got up from the table to go greet the unicorn who looked more than slightly out of place in the club. The red stallion walked over to her, and smiled in a rather gentlecoltly way. "Good evening ma'am. What is such a fine mare like yourself doing in such a rough place like our club, hm? Shouldn't you be having an expensive dinner with a charming stallion somewhere fancy? Not that I'm complaining; you do cause a lovely distraction from the eyesore of this place," he murmured, much without tact, and cast an apologetic eye at a nearby wall, as though apologising to the club for his insult.

Squishy heard Thunder mention his name and peered his head back above the table and let loose another series of bubbles into the cup. Something was nagging at the back of his head. 'Am I doing something wrong' He thought.

'Nahhh'

"Hmph. My rather rambunctious friend dragged me here. My home is quite far away from this...club, and I have no other means of getting home... Also, she has something of mine that I need before I return..." she spoke, casting a rather icy cold glare at her friend in the distance quickly, before reverting her glance to the stallion.

*cue Mango running away gleefully on two legs with a shiny gem in her hoof to the dancefloor*

• 2 weeks later...

Squishy turns his head to glance at a pony running across the dance floor, obviously enjoying herself. He then turns his head upward to drink the remaining cider in the cup, which is still stuck to his head. He attempts to remove the cup from his face with his forearms, but is unsuccessful in doing so as he is unable to grasp it hard enough without breaking it, and looks back to Thunder.

Brightfire took the canvas and was once again feeling inspired by looking at it. He flew over to the spot pesto pointed to. He hung up the picture only to find it leaning to one side, he adjusted it only to find it leaning to the other side "Hmmmm" he said in a annoyed way.

After 10 minues of adjusting the canvas it finally looked right "there" he said flying back over to pesto "alright where is the next one going to go?"

Squishy took notice of Brightfire hanging the pictures. Curiosity got the best of him and he excused himself from the table to examine one. He walked over to Brightfire and Pesto and tried to inquire about these canvases, only to have come out as indecipherable muffles as he was reminded of the glass still stuck to his face.