Two eccentric minds are better than one! (Lux, Shadowstorm88)

"Carry the square root of the odere which would suggest that the prime number of...DARN IT" shouted Geary in annoyance as he tossed aside some stray paper's, slapping himself up the side of the head in annoynace. If thier was one thing that he wished he could do in this world; it was get through creating a new invention without screwing something up. Geary was currently in the process of creating a self making ice cream machine!! It worked like this!! A pony would walk up to the tiny slot, and request a flavor, cone, and serving style. The cone would then come out after five second's instantly!! No waiting in line, no having to rush for ice cream on a hot summer day!! In fact, for the next two months after it was finished; he was planning on giving free samples of the ice cream before he started charging as an experimental run, so that way he could work out any bugs that were in the machine!!

Smiling lightly, Geary flipped the switch up, turning the machine on as he grinned in delight at the possibilites of what could be done with this machine!! Why, Sugarcube corner would be overjoyed since the place became an extremtly popular spot; espeically during the summer time!! They would probably pay him a great deal for one of these babies!! As he heard the tiny hum to show that it was working, he put a hoof to the side of his head as he wondered what he should order. Nodding, he responded "I would like a chocolate fudged, soft severed, sugar cone". That sounded extremtly high in sugar, and one of the side effects of the ice cream that he was still trying to work out was that it made one extremtly energetic, and gave them a major sugar rush. Listening to the machine work, he grinned as his ice cream popped out...and another..and another...AND ANOTHER!! "NO WAIT, STOP" he shouted in alarm to the machine as it started shooting cold ice cream at him; casuing him to slip on the floor!! Staggering towards the back, he unhook the machine as it shut down with a depressing whirrrrrr. Lowering his head in depression, he kicked the machine in frustration. "Another failure..." he grumbled mournfully as he whiped the ice cream off himself and slowly made his way out the door; wanting to disapper away from his failures.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Surprise was merrily trotting down the street, on break from working at the candy shop. She was randomally looking around, watching the other ponies. She liked to see ponies laughing and talking and having fun. It always brought a smile to her face. In her wandering mind, Sweet didn't see the icecream coated pony stumble out of a building. When she saw him, it was too late and she carreened into the pony leaving both in a sticky ice cream scented pile.

Geary was wallowing in his own sadness, wanting to sink into the ground and never emerge. You'd think that with his luck, he'd finally be able to get a new working invention!! But nope, nope!! He contiued to make mistakes, was consatnly making a foal outta himself and he couldnt help but wondered if he would ever get anything right again. Looking down, his world suddenly shook rapidly as he rolled onto his back in pain and shock. "Ouch" he moaned, as he held his forehead in pain; seething at the pain that it was bringing him. "Oh yeah, he didnt know how but somewhere out thier he was hated. He didnt know why, or how; but he just was"!! Now he was covered in sticky ice cream, and dirt!!

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet Surprise got up slowly' feeling very dizzy. "Ugh! What hit me?"

She then realized she was covered in sticky ice cream and dirt. The ice cream part she didn't mind as she find a way to eat that, but now that it was dirt covered, it was moot. It was then Sweet saw a pony sprawled out on the ground, holding his forehead.

"Hey, are you ok? I didn't bump into you did it? Oh, no! That's the third time this week I crashed into something. Oh and you're hurt too. Come on, I'll take yuou back to my place if you want."

Geary blinked as he got to his hooves, shaking his head slowly in pain as he slapped the side of his head in annoyance to make the stars vanish. "Gaaaaaah, make the world stop spinning please" he laughed in a half dazed voice, seeing three of a pony in front of him. Slapping the side of his head, he watched as the world slowly came back into focus as he looked at the mare in front of him. "Ahh, he..hello" he said shyly as he realized that he had covered her in ice cream. "Oh I..Im awfully sorry, I didnt mean to bump into you like that". As he was helped to his hooves, he remarked "Ahh, heh heh..umm..hi Im Geary Twist" he spoke softly, as he nervously offered a hoof.

Sweet watched as the pony struggled to his hooves. She didn't think that she ran into him that hard.

"Oh hi there Geary Twist. I'm Sweet Surprise! So come on. You look like you need to clean up."

She thought maybe it was better if he stayed in his own place. Then suddenly a bang was heard from within the building and a cloud of smoke billowed out.

"And I don't thing you're going to get clean in there until the smoke clears. So come with me and I'll help you out,ok?"

"But I dont need help, it was just alittle..hey" he gasped as he realized he didnt have a choice in the matter. Best just to go along with Sweet Surprise. As he walked next to her, he looked back saddened at the sight of his house in such a distraught state. Falling apart, or always having to be fixed due to an oversight of such that he messed up on an experiment. Would such things ever end with him? Or would he continue to mess everything up by making cruddy experiments that would always blow up in his face. These depressing thoughts really hurt his spirits, as he looked downcasted at the thought of constantly failing and therefore; never being able to get ahead in life. "Yeah...okay" Geary spoke softly.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet Surprise was able to get Geary to the store after his reluctancy wore off.

"Well, welcome to Mr. Cocoa's Candy Confections. I can show you around more if you like, but first I think you need a bath. Actually I need one too, but you go first. The bathroom's the first door on the left."

Geary entered the store, surprised as behind his glasses his eyes widdened in awe at the sight of all the delcious and yummy looking types of connfections that were everywhere. Licking his lips lightly at the sight of the tasty treats, he suddenly rememberd that he was a mess. Chuckling at this notion, he retreated quickly towards the bathroom as he apologized "Ahh, sorry for the mess Im making" as his hoove prints were making spolshes. "Ill clean that up when Im done" he offered from the bathroom as he started washing himself off; crinigng in slight disgust at being covered in sticky ice cream.

• 3 weeks later...

(OOC: sorry for the delay)

Sweet Surprise giggled at the sight of Geary looking around the store she worked at. She equated it to the first time a foal came to the store, staring wide eyed in wonder. He realized he was still a sticky sugary mess and quickly retreated up the stairs. She nocticed there were telltale hoofprints leading from the door of the shop to the bathroom.

"Awww... you don't have to apologize. I'll clean that up. I have to swep the floors anyway later."

Sweet then waited downstaris as Geary washed himself. As she stood, she was aware of the sticky ice cream still clinging to her mane and pelt.

"Oooo... I smell delicious," Sweet exclaimed as she caught a wiff of chocolate and vanilla and strawberry, "Then again, Geary kind of smelled delicious too."

Immediately, Sweet put her hooves over her mouth, as she realized what she said. She blused at the thought that she said that about a pony she never met. She hoped that Geary didn't hear that second part, as that would make a very awkward situation.

Again her curiosity was peaked as she brought an ice cream coated front leg up to her face and licked it.

"Wow... I taste delicious too. But... I don't think a pony is going to want a pony and ice cream flavored candy."

Standing in front of the bathroom, Geary looked over himself thoughtfully; running a hoof through his sticky mane in annoyance. One of the things that he had to learn when it was to be a genius, was that he was gonna make alot...alot of mistakes. That being said, one would have to get used to it and simply move on. However, being abit of a perfectionist himself; he had a tendancy to go about wanting to do everything perfectly without any sort of problems or errors what'soever. Problem was, that wasnt always the case with him. Usually because he either got so absorbed on an aspect, that his mind would tend to wander and he'd make mistakes easily on other parts.

Washing his mane in the sink, he spoke softly on how he would have to go and make sure that the sink was clean afterwards; as he was a guest in this house and did not want to go and make a mess of the place. He had to admitl, he was rather surprised that Sweet Surprise owned such a nice looking place, or that she would even own a place that selled such delectable treats to begin with. Perhaps when she was younger, she didnt have alot of ice cream to eat so when she experined its taste for the very first time; it tasted like she had reached nervana.

Chuckling lightly at the thought, he noted how clean his mane was as he readjusted his glasses carefully; inhalling and exhaling before exiting the bathroom after wipping the sink down. "All done, thanks" Geary greeted Sweet, noting she was licking herself, abit of ice cream still evident. "Ahhh..hungry" he asked in confusion, his eyes widdned in surprise.

Sweet Surprise was too busy enjoying the ice cream, she failed to realize that Geary had already finished cleaning up in the bathroom and now had made his way down the stairs. Sweet suddenly turned when he heard his voice with her ice cream coated face now taking another color, red with embarrassment.

"Um... yeah. This is really awkward for me as it probably is for you. So... I'm going to wash up and I'll be back. Try not to eat everything in the store while I'm away!"

She gave the pony a little wink before proceeding up the stairs. Heading to the bathroom, she noticed how clean the place was, not a single thing out of place. It must have driven the poor pony crazy to have his place covered in ice cream. She filled the bathtub and added to it one of her guilty pleasures: bubble solution. She then stepped into the suddy solution and began to wash down her body. As she did she began to sing a happy upbeat song.

Geary watched the pony in utter surprise, confusion evident on his face as he rubbed the side of his cheek in wonder. The way that Sweet Surprise was licking herself, it was as if she thought she was a giant ice cream cone, and increadibly yummy at the same time. It confused the hay outta Geary, since it was abit silly for one to act in such a way, and yet at the same time he was abit envious of her behavior. He was always working, and always serious so surely acting abit silly and chilidhs was good yes? It helped to remind oneself that sometimes it was best not have make any sense and do something for the sake of a laugh. But here he was again, rambling on. Unconsciously, he blushed at her wink as he watched her gallop off towards the bathroom; a big grin on her face. Well their was defiantly one thing for certain that he was sure about; her good mood was starting to feel abit contagious; since he was starting to feel abit better since his earleir mishap.

Sweet had finished her bubble bath and after draining the tub dried herself off Her mane and tail were a wet mess that hung down on her sides instead of it's poofyness renminicent of a whipped peanutbutter fluff.

"No time to style this," Sweet said as she looked in the mirror, "i have to meet Geary. I hope he hasn't eaten healf the canmdy yet."

Sweet then merrily bounced down the steps to rejoin the stallion.

"Hi there! Feeling any better?"

Staring at the earth pony in awe at her almost crazy mane, Geary glanced away as he had to fight the urge to let out a snicker at the sight of her, Slapping himself harshyl as he scolded himself, stating that this was the pony who had invited him into her home; and that he was a guest. To laugh at her would be a very mean thing, and rude thing to do; so he turned back to face her with a serious stare. Unforauntly, due to the grin on her face and the fact that he mane was making her look complelty riduclous; he couldnt stop a laugh from escapeing his throat; his face craccking as he spoke "AH..im sorry..yo..hehe..you just..haha".

Sweet Surprise expected an "I'm fine," or a "great how about you," to escape from Geary's mouth. What she got was something most unexpected. Geary started to laugh!

"What's so funny?"

She wondered what changed to make the otherwise serious stallion so happy. Nothing changed about the two, except for the fact they were both sans ice cream and the fact that Sweet didn't fix her mane...

Then she realized that it was her mane!

"Oh... hehe, you're laughing at my mane. Be honest, does it really look that bad?"

"Umm, its not too bad" Geary chuckled lightly, trying to keep himself from giggling and yet unable to stop himself. Perhaps it was because of how he needed a good laugh in order to perk up; and feel better about everything? He didnt know really. His chuckling slowly came to a stop, his mood switching as he managed to cough a few times in order to cover up his laughter. "I apologize, it was rude of me to laugh at you like this. Im a guest in your home, and its ill befitting for one to insult his host" apologized the inventor, as he bowed his head low in respect towards Sweet Surprise. Bringing his head back up, he cocked an eye curiously at her as he commented "But..perhaps I have a theroy on my sudden burst of energy. When I was removing the ice cream, some of it got in my mouth and..I felt a burst of joy..is your ice crema some sort of..mood ice cream" questioned Geary curiously, a slow smile coming to his face.

"Oh, you don't have to apologize and bow to me like that," Sweet said with a smile, "You didn't insult me. In fact I knew my mane looked rediculous! As for the bowing, I'm not Princess Cadence as much as it would be neat being royalty."

Sweet then thought about the idea that Geary.

"Well I'm usually happy like this all the time, except when I'm sick, or when I meet a mean pony. But your ice cream is good and it did make me happier, so maybe you're onto something. I know the candy I make makes ponies happy. Sometimes it makes them sad though when they have eaten it all and realize there's none left. But then they buy more and they're happy again! Oh, since I tried your ice cream, want to try the fudge I made?"

"Ahh, we..well its not that your not royalty or nothing. I just say that its polite to bow ones head to show err..poiliteness" Geary spoke, suddenly wishing that he could put his hoof in his mouth so that way he wouldnt have to listen to himself spout crud!! "Ahh, I mean ahh, even if you were royalty I would be kind since its polite to be nice to all beautfiul mares and..no..not that..I mean...ill stop talking now" Geary sheepishly smiled.

Well he wasnt really in the ice cream business to be honest, it was just a new invention that he had tried to make yet..mood candy? Mood ice cream..that sounded very inspiring!! Like..like if he was to make this, and combine it with candy!! An.and when somepony had goen and had a bad day and needed something to cheer him/herself up; bang!! Instant happiness!! "Huh, oh umm..some fudge would sound yummy" beamed Geary lightly, licking his lips at the thought of mouthwatering fudge.

Sweet Surprise giggled at the fact that Geary was tripping over his words.

"Oh, so you think I'm pretty," Sweet siad with a sly smile. She wondered why some stallion got all goofy around her. She wasn't as pretty like other ponies she met like Princess Cadence, was she?

Sweet left the question hang in the air as Geary asked about the fudge.

"Oh well I have different flavors. There's milk chocolate, dark chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, vanilla and chocolate swirl, apple, orange, daisy, mint, and cherry. Soooo... does one sound good to you?"

"Well..well of course" complimented Geary; grinning as he suddenly thought of a way to off put what he was trying to say or think. "Why I beleive that anypony would think that you are" Geary curlty responded, as he let out a sigh of relief of being able to get rid of the awkardness at least for now. Glancing up, he tried to think of which flavor was most appeasing to him; unable to stop bits of drool from sliding down his chin as he managed to get out "MMmm, Chocolate swirrrrlll".

Swet blushed as Geary confessed that she was pretty. He looked like he recovered from his shyness.

She let Geary examine the flavors to see which one was right for him. Some ponies already had a flavor in mind when arriving at her shop. others need time to decide. The pony then begn to drool at the sign of a certain candy. Although it was seen as gross by some ponies, to Sweet it meant that a pony had found what they were looking for.

"Chocolate Swirl? You got it!"

The mare cut out a little piece of the fudge and gave it to Geary.

Sweet Surprise saw that look before, the look of pure hunger in the eyes of a pony. She saw that when giving a free sample of fudge, or chocolate, or any other candy. It was that despnate longing to devour and savor that food.

Then suddenly Geary dove into the fudge piece, devouring it in tenseconds flat, or maybe less but Sweet wasn't counting.

"Wow! You inhaled it! So, how is it?"

Licking his lips as he finished up, Geary let out a heavy sigh as he glanced at himself in the mirror in surprise. Staring back at him, was a chocolate sloshed pony whose mouth as completly covered in delicious, dark brown confections!! Blushing furiously as he turned back towards Sweet, he spoke "Heh heh..oh..oh dear. This is..oh celestia; im so embarrased..I didnt mean to ahh, it was so good and therefore I was umm..err...ahh". Giggling lightly, he looked away as he tried to think of a means to save himself from looking like a complete fool. "Umm, err...yo..your ice cream had some umm..ahh..hay!! Hay in it and I umm..liked hay flavored treats alot to the point where..Im going to put my hoof in my mouth now" he spoke softly.