Two eccentric minds are better than one! (Lux, Shadowstorm88)

Sweet watched as Geary was filled with happiness at eating the fudge. for a moment she thought the pony would suddenly break out into a song and dance routine, but she knew that that didn't happen. Geary, upon seeing his chocolate covered face bumbled his way trying to explain himself to the earth pony. He mentioned in his rambline about hay in ice cream. sweet wasn't sure about that. She tried combining once hay fries and fudge and it led to a few sick ponies.

"Hehe, that's ok. I've seen before ponies getting happy when eating my fudge. Some break out into song, others just bounce around the store for a while. One even wanted to take me out on a date!"

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ahh well then would you like to go out with me sometime? I think that would be lovaaaaaahh, i mean I dont really feel like breaking into song sadly. Mostly from the fact that I have a terrible singing voice, and it would prevent me from actually seranading you properly or something" Geary spoke, as he briefly wondered for a moment if the chocolate also contained some sort of truth serum thingy in it. Going over towards the sink, he slowly whipped himself down of the chocolate in order to make himself look alot more presentable before turning back to Sweet. "I have to say that, this has really made me feel alot better!! Thank you for having me come over!! We..ahh..maybe you can give me a hoof" he started to explain; running a hoof through his mane. "Im in need of new idea for an invention; perhaps you can assist me" offered the shy earth pony.

Sweet blushed when Geary mentioned dating her. Maybe her fudge was a truth serum. It did make ponies happy.

"Oh so you want to go out on a date with me, hmmm," she said batting her eyelashes at him, "Well sure I'd go out with you! You're a nice pony, so why not?"

Geary then asked about having Sweet assist him. "ell I can create candies, so maybe making an invention won't be that hard. What are you looking for?"

"You stupid foal!! Stupid, stupid, stupid" he hissed within his mind; berating himself for failing to change the subject or better yet; from being unable to put a hoof in his mouth and stop himself from making himself look stupid!! Well, no turning back now really; he had to be polite about it or else he'd be a jerk!! "Ahh, well..well yes your after all umm..very cute and ummm...you have a nice personality; very bubbly to go with your cute apperance" laughed Geary in a shaky tone. Seeing an opertunity to change the subject for the moment, he spoke "I need an idea that will allow be to elevate and make ponies happy whenever their having a bad day; like what with you have but something abit more. SOmething that can..push them towards finding their own happiness".

Sweet Surprise gilggled like a school aged filly with delight as Geary called her cute and having a great personality.

"So... you want to make something that makes ponies happier? Well, candy sometimes does make them happy. Are you trying to make some kind of mood enhancing ice cream?"

Geary blushed furiously at the sight of her giggling, as he couldnt help but think that her giggling was so extrmetly cute, to the point where he wanted to lunge himself at her in a hug tackling; half expecting her to catch him and nuzzle his cheek. Though if he were to just do that on the spot; it would more then likely make him look really really weird!! "Ahh yes, thats what I desire to make" he informed her, smiling weakly at her giddiness as he spoke "I wish to make something that helps cheer ponies up whenever they are having a bad day, and wish to regain their own happiness. The ice cream would be a means of helping them reach that happiness" he informed her as he crossed his hooves. "Probably is coming up with the means to pull it off" he mused in a concerned manner, rubbing his chin gently.

"Hmmm.... I'm not really that good inventing things, except new candy. And really I don't magically put something into what I make that makes ponies happy. It just does. So, I'm not sure how to help. Oooo... but chocolate does enhance moods. It called an aphrodisiac, which is supposed to make a pony that eats it fall in love faster or something like that. Although I don't think that works since I eat chocolate daily and well no love there. Maybe I'm immune to the aphrodisiac stuff."

"Aphrodiasiac? Really" Geary questioned curiously as he scracthed the bottom of his chin in skeptism; wondering on weather or not something that could cause one to fall in love faster was even true. It sounded like a very useful means, but at the same time it felt like it could be misused. What if one who didnt want to fall in love with somepony, ended up doing so against his or her will? That would be just plain evil!! "Immune? Hmm..." he paused as he blinked "Wait..is that why Im attracted to her? That I wanna date her because of the effects of the chocolate"?!

(OOC: I assume that Geary is thinking out loud for this, so i'll go from there)>

Even though Geary was talking to himself, Sweet could still hear it. She knew it would be an interesting topic for him bein a science pony. Sweet wasn't a science pony, but she knew about how chocolate affected other ponies. Then he mentioned that he wanted to date her again but passed it off as the effects on the chocolate.

"I guess that's it, the chocolate that's making you want to do that. Because that would be silly, a pony ever dating .... me."

Sweet then realized what she had said. At first she was in disbelief, but then she realized it was the truth. She turned away from Geary as tears flowed a little from her eyes, trying to hide it from him. She was supposed to be a happy pony making others happy, yet this sadness was there too in her life. But she didn't want her own problems to taint things.

"Yes, I suppose that the probabilty of the...eh? Oh..OH!! Uhh, I.. im sorry!! I didnt mean to insult you" he gasped, bowing his head low in respect towards Sweet as he spoke "Ahh, you are really cute, and you have a really nice personality. Y..your sorta the exact opposite of myself to be honest" he admitted towards Sweet; smiling weakly as he tried his best not to hurt her feelings. "I mean, thats really good!! So, yes we should date!! Ju..just to see if..well you are umm..you could also help me with err..." he became silent for a moment as he tried to think of the right thing to say so he wouldnt sound like some sort of moron. Staring at Sweet with a grin, he asked with a happy sigh "Say, do you wanna go on a date with me""?

Sweet stopped sobbing when Geary tried to explain what he was feeling. He desparately struggled to try and get the words out. His mentioning of her being cute and and having a nice personality did help to raise her spirits a little. Yet the feeling that her attempt at love was mistaken for her chocolate was still bearing down on her. Finally Geary asked her again if she wanted to go out on a date.

"Are you saying that just to cheer me up, or do you really want to go out on a date with me?"

"Yes, I do really mean that I would like to go out on a date with you...sometime soon in the future" Geary spoke, as he emphazied that he would take her out on a date. "Before I do so; I think it would only be proper if you and I spent time together and got to know more about each other before dating. That way, we'll be alot better prepared and have a good idea on each others likes and dislikes". SIghing as he brushed a part of his mane; he smiled weakly "Sides, your...really cute and umm...I like youer cheerful, energy!! Its abit contagious and thats good since I need to be happy alot more often. I think you'd be the right pony to be around in order for something like that to happen".

In business, it helped to know what pony was thinking beyond what they were just saying. Sweet Surprise over the years had built in a sort of "Truth Sense" that from the way ponies moved or acted or said things she could tell if they were lying or not. Looking at Geary, she could tell that he was telling the truth, he was just shy about it.

"Oh ok! You want to get to know me more before going out with me! That makes sense. So what do you want to know? But careful, since I'll be asking you questions too."

With that she gave Geary a cute little wink. In life it takes two to tango, but Sweet was a very good dancer in life!

Geary felt his whole go red with shyness; readjusting his glasses to hide his shyness and yet he was failing to do so as he suddenly once more fell into his studdering complex; trying to regain control over himself. "Ahh, heh heh!! I dont mind having to answer any of your questions really. Ahem; ahh well let me think here ahh...what umm; what do you like to do for fun? Do you really like me for who I am despite being abit of a nerd"? Glancing away for a moment; he thought to himself "Heh heh; she really is kinda cute. Its good she cant read minds...maybe she can read body languages that she knows how I feel about her". Breathing lightly; he reached over and went over towards the fridge as he went and took out a cola; drinking to calm his nerves lightly.

Edited by ShadowStorm88

Sweet watched as the pony began his nervous ramblings again. She wondered it it was just her that he was having trouble talking with or was it other ponies. Hopefully by asking her questions Geary could warm up to her and overcome his shyness.

"Hmm... Well besides making and selling candies, I like going to parties, reading, listening to music, and making new friends. And of course I like you for who you are. If you're not who you are, then who are you? As for being a nerd, that doesn't bother me. In fact your nerdiness makes you look cute too! Now, how did you get into inventing things? Also, on a scale from one to ten, how cute am I?"

Celestias breathe; sometimes he wished that he wasnt well..him!! Sometimes he wished that he was somepony else who was strong, brave, confident and wise!! Somepony who could speak his mind easily; and not have any problems whats soever!! "Cute..bubbly...kind....darn it; she has all the right features" he hissed lightly in shyness to himself.

"Well Im certain your candy is as good as your chocolate; since it certaintly helped me feel alot better and more alert!! Well, i like listening to music myself; Im especialyl a fan of umm..techno music" admited Geary as he looked away for a moment before forcing himself to meet her gaze; his cheeks going completly red as a result. This seemed to increase when she called his neridness cute!! "Cu..cu.cu.cute" he studered suddenlty as he complimented "Ahh..umm..umm..yo..your cuteness level goes umm..beyond a umm..ten...yeah" he said, suddenly becoming softer at the mega compliment.

Sweet Surprise watched as he squirmed over everything she said. He was like a school age colt who followed around a filly like a puppy fiollows its master. Even when asked about something as simple as what he liked made him blush. She had to stiffel her urge to giggle at him for his strong reaction to her as she didn't want him to think she was making fun of him.

When Geary mentioned her cutenness went beyond a ten on her scale, she blushed so red that it looked like a cordial cherry amidst chocolate.

"Awww... Geary, that's so nice of you to say something like that. No pony has given me a compliment like that."

She then gave the pony a big hug as a sign that she liken him and as a thanks to his big compliment.

Hearing a slight giggle come from the cute mares throat; Geary inhaled lightly as he tried to keep control of himself and yet he only blushed deeper. She wasnt laughing at him or anything, it was like she found his blushing cute...and that was just making him worse!! Glancing up; he noticed that she had turned a bright shade of red from the cute comment. She was so bright; she looked like a tomato!! Wow!! Smiling weakly; he spoke as he attempthed to keep an even voice and himself from studdering at all. "W..well y..you are cute. I wouldnt say something only to flatter or please since Im just..stating a umm..fact of life that". He was cut off when she threw her arms around him; pulling him into a light hug as he let out a tiny eep before recovering. Leaning into the hug; he smiled happily "Y..your welcome".

Apart from his shyness, Sweet Surprise noticed that he liked to explain himself alot. He especially tried to analyze his feelings to explain such complex things like why he liked her or why he thought she was cute. The hug was a way to tell him just to go with things rather than explain them.

"Sometimes," Sweet whispered in his ear as she embraced him, "You don't have to say anything to a pony to know all about them. Sometimes all it takes is a smile or a hug to show how much you care about another pony."

She then seperated from him and smiled.

"So, what can I do to help you with that mood ice cream?"

Blinking lightly at the hug, Geary let out a light giggle as this time he wasnt ashamed of it since it showed that he was pleased by her affection. As he pulled away; he nodded lightly in agreement "You are quiet right about that since its sometimes easier to let actions speak then words". Turning away; he put a hoof to his chin as he explained "Well the thing is that your natural cheerfulness comes from a internal gene that allows you to call forth it whenever you desire. The issue at hoof it finding a way to keep it constant so that it can copied and transfered..replicated if you will into the ice cream..the question is however; is figuring out how one is supposed to transfer such happiness. It sounds impossible, but...". He trailed off before placing a prideful hoof against his chest. "Im Geary Twist, I dont believe in impossibilites!! Why if i did, then I would never have gotten this far in my life!! I would have crumbled and folded" Geary smirked at Sweet lightly before responding with a thoughtful hoof, rubbing his scruntched up face in focus "Now ice cream...ice cream....hmmmm".

Sweet watched as Geary began to think about how to somehow synthesize happpiness into ice cream. She was amazed at the science element, spesifically that her happiness came from a gene. Sweet wasn't a science pony, the only thing she knew was the science of baking, a confectionary alchemy.

[colour=#8B4513]"Well, I don't know much about science, but I know if something is made that is good, ponies will usually react to it with a happy way. In fact I've never see a pony upset when having candy, well except for foals having too much and their parents trying to control how hyper they are or a pony having too much and getting a stomach ache." [/colour]

"Perhaps if I could take a tiny bit of your blood...extract and copy the essececens within the blood...trasnfer it into the ice cream..that might work" admitted Geary softly, speaking aloud and to himself now as he paced back and forth. Suddenly, an image came to his head as he remembered that strange dream he had had. He was standing here in Sweets ice cream shop, having suddenly created the happy ice cream that he had thought up. Grinning, he handed a cone to Sweets before nodding to her happily. Taking a huge chomp out of his cone; he chewed slowly before everything became dizzy. A puff of smoke emerged and clouded both his and Sweets vision. When the smoke cleared; the two of them were suddenly foals!!! Having been reduced to the age where the "eccentric happiness was strongest". It was a silly notion that going through with the experiment would result in such an effect...wasnt it?? Laughing weakly at the vision, he shrugged "Ahh, but yes thats my idea" he spoke to Sweets.

(Sorry for the long delay :(. Ive been really busy, and just got a job. I'll update faster!!)

(That's ok. You don't have to update faster on my behalf. I know real life stuff can hamper posting at times).

Sweet listened to what Geary had to say about his idea.

[colour=#8B4513]"Um... I'm not sure my blood would help make ponies happy."[/colour]

She then had an image of how ponies would react if the reason for their happpiness was due to the essence of a pony. Some might get sick or angry or sick and angry! It could put her job as a candy maker in jeopardy!

Her thoughts were then dispersed bu the fact that Geary appeared to be lost in his mind. There was something that he was thinking about that made him laugh.

[colour=#8B4513]"What's so funny? Is it a joke?"[/colour]

Geary shook his head as he turned back to her smiling "Its nothing, just something funny I was thinking of". Turning away, he grinned "It might work, it might not work. However what I think what we should do is give it a test run" as he pointed towards some of the muffins. "I'll get some supplies and we'll both try it out...umm..". Realizing that he was rushing his explanation; he sighed as he calmed down and spoke "What i mean is that i need to get some equpiment to extract some of the happiness genes, replicate it and transfer it into some cupcakes as a test run...we'll both give it a shot!! Since it probably wont affect you since its essentialy already your happiness; it might just make you abit happier and cheerful then before". Walking up to Sweet; he hugged her lightly as he questioned "So umm...do you wanna do this? I mean, if you dont want to then I'll figure somehting else out".

Suddenly Geary launched into a frenzy of thought that only parts of which Sweet Surprise could understand. It was something about a test run, supplies, and muffins. Finally the inventor pony calmed down enought to explain that he wanted to copy and somehow put her genes into cupcakes.

[colour=#8B4513]"Err... I guess we can give it a shot. I mean what's the worst that can happen?"[/colour]

Clearly the hug sealed the deal putting aside and doubts that the chocolate mare had.

[colour=#8B4513]"So... how exactually are you going to extract my essence?"[/colour]