Equestrian Royal Navy?

ThunderCrash

So, I saw the thread for the R.E.A. and I'm curious... is there a Royal Navy? I would assume so considering that water touches most of the continent, but I'm curious about the structure. The army seems to be modernized, but I don't think that would work for the navy, considering the technology level and there being little reason for naval tactics to have changed.

I'm just curious though.

Well, right now, no, it is not in the Archives. But here is what can do, you can type up a basic structure, and then post it in the proposed lore section. If it gets approved, then mods like Diomedes, Brianblackberry, and Skye will start adding to it, and voila! Royal Equestrian Navy.

That would be entirely awesome of you! :)

That's... actually something I've been wondering. Does Equestria have a national flag? I remember seeing tapestries and stuff on the palace in episodes where it was shown... but I can't recall a flag anywhere. o.o

Cool ^-^ That will eliminate that little portion. Most naval vessels only fly one flag unless there's a special designation for the ship, and that one flag is typically the national flag.

Though there are still unit insignias, but those are fun little things to make.

equestria_founding_flag_by_vectorshy-d52m11j.png Here we go, Royal Equestrian Flag.

Here's what, I know a thing or two about navy structure, so let me pm the REN organization to you. (Fleets, Squadrons, etc)

EDIT* Turns out that Navy structure is nothing like Army structure. So it might take me awhile. :sniff:

EDIT** Send this topic to the moon, send it all to the Luna-Darned moon, Imagination beat us to it :x ... But I asked if I could help her on it, I guess you could to.

http://www.canterlot.com/topic/6532-organization-proposal-royal-equestrian-navy/