Summer of Pony ~ Session IX ~ PYOA Finale

Check out the Previous Parts HERE.

And now, our conclusion:

Alright, I’m in.

But maybe if I change my appearance a bit, he won’t make the connection immediately, and I can make a good impression…

Oh! I’ve got some great ideas…

(5 minutes later)

Is a hat really enough?

(5 minutes later)

Pegasus wings could work if they weren’t obviously pipe cleaners...

(5 minutes later)

Dressing as cannolis is a great idea. I just wish we had time to make costumes…

(5 minutes later)

Maybe something less extreme than shaving me. Do you think maybe Rarity can help us?

I bet she has some great hats that we can try on!

Yes! I have come around to the hat idea!

You pack up your entry and trot over to Carousel Boutique. Rarity is walking towards the door with a round box floating above her head.

Welcome friends! Whatever are you doing here? Judging starts soon! We’re going to be late!

Rarity, can we trouble you with a quick purchase of two hats? We want them for the competition!

And the type of hat should start with a ‘C’!

Well actually…

I have just the thing!

She sets her box on the table disappears into a side room and comes back with a pair of…

Cavalier Hats! Aren’t they gorgeous? They are sure to…

We’ll take them! Let’s get to the party!

The three of you move quickly through the streets...

...You’re lucky I was making a cheesecake. A very difficult desert to complete in four hours, I’d have already left if it had been ready sooner...

You arrive in the main square, and there are now tables in a circular pattern, and most already have a wide array of entries backed by their creators. There are not two open adjacent spots, so you separate from Rarity and do a little last minute arranging to make the plating look nice.

You notice that the judging has already begun on the entries that arrived earlier, though it will be a few more minutes before ‘time’ is called.

As Mrs. Cake, Fieri and Emerald approach, a pit forms in your stomache. You muss up the visible part of your mane, pull the hat low, and ensure that you do not present your flank to the approaching judges, lest Emerald see your cutie mark. Fieri pony is the first to speak:

This looks interesting, why don’t you introduce yourselves and your take on the theme?

Oops. My name. How did I forget that my name would be a dead giveaway? Your mind races...

Hi I’m Pinkie Pie and...

You could interrupt her, or cough, I must stop her, I must... (sigh). No need to be rude. Time to face the music.

...this is Dream Weaver...

BAM! I thought I recognized you earlier! I’d ask if you followed me from Manehatten, but I know for a fact that you left a full day before I did!

I’m sorry Emerald

Ha! You weren’t really the one responsible for that noodle incident were you?

Uh, no, but how did you...

You’re a terrible liar. Take that as a compliment. Only someone caught up in the moment could have believed that confession. And I think you’d need wings to cause that much damage. Let’s forgive and forget.

Uh, Pinkie?

These are cannolittas! Theme shaped, and berry filled!

We used cherries, cranberries, and they are topped with cinnamon. And we are wearing cavalier hats.

Go ahead and try them.

Fieri Pony pops one down the hatch as the Mrs. Cake and Emerald Legacy each take two bites to finish the tiny pastries.

Ok! A little sweet, a little tart, and finger-licking-good.

The crunchy and creamy go well together don’t-cha-know?

And the presentation has lots of character, what a unique piece. Thank you for competing, oh and Dream Weaver?

Yes?

You can produce my show anyday. Don’t stay away too long.

And they move on.

Weeeeee! That was fun!

I think You and I have a different definition of fun. But that was good.

After the judges complete their circuits, they retire to discuss the entries. At this point, the tables are swarmed by the audience, and the rest of the “cannolittas” are quickly dispatched. The judges return, and announce a few honorable mentions, and then the winners. You don’t recognize any of the names, but you and Pinkie join the crowds in congratulating the winners.

Pinkie?

Yeah?

Thank you. That was a healing experience. I might not have had it if not for you. Thank you for going through it with me.

The End!

Thank you for reading!

Coments? Questions? Feedback?

Weesh after this PYOA:

Heh, its not quite that bad. I'm a bit out of practice in my writing. This took way longer than I thought it would, but I was having fun.

Leave it to Pinkie Pie to blow cover on the first sentence. I wonder if her Pinkie Sense predicted everything would turn out ok? I sure wasn't expecting it. A good message too, even if you get knocked down, you've just gotta get right back up and keep going. :)

That came to me as I was trying to figure out how to integrate the two answers that were tied in the polling. It gave me a chance to do both.

I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised, and that you find it meaningful. I was originally shooting for straight comedy, but to allow the characters to learn, and be able to be introspective if it was warranted.

As far as Pinkie Sense goes, do you think she just doesn't worry about such things unless as she approached the tipping point, she gets a signal?