[Earth Pony]Kimono[Final]

Kimono

Okay. I finally know what I need to ask of you at this point. Sorry for the wait. :)

Something I overlooked in my initial critiques of this app was the physical appearance details. You say she has "long, curly purple streaks, glowing purple skin, a yellow heart on one of her legs" in the mane/markings section. While multi colored coats are fine within reason, we cannot allow for a pony's coat or mane to actually glow. It's not something we have a precedent of ever having really seen in the show, and it really just doesn't fit very well with the aesthetics of Friendship is Magic. The same goes for the heart mark on her leg; no ponies bear marks like that in FIM, and its just not something we want to allow on characters for our World of Equestria RP, which strives to stay true to the show.

Additionally, my seniors on the RP Helper team have requested I ask for a little more detail in the bulk of the app. Maybe just tell us a little more about the character and what she would be like to interact with? You don't need to go overboard, but just tell us a little more.

The only thing I can think to say at this point is that under coat color it says pink but for the following field it says her skin is purple. As coat and skin would be the same for a pony, these should probably match. :)

I think what she is trying to do is give the appearance that her coat is shimmering the way the toy did. Could she accomplish it by having Kimono have the agouti gene (which horses have)? Her underfur could be a much paler color than the very tips of her fur, and that would give the appearance of glowing slightly. Not something that could be expressed in cartoon, or even photographs because it's subtle but it's pretty common in real life.

I think what she is trying to do is give the appearance that her coat is shimmering the way the toy did. Could she accomplish it by having Kimono have the agouti gene (which horses have)? Her underfur could be a much paler color than the very tips of her fur, and that would give the appearance of glowing slightly. Not something that could be expressed in cartoon, or even photographs because it's subtle but it's pretty common in real life.

It was the decision of one of the Senior RP Helpers upon looking at this application that any kind of glowing fur would not be approved.

Even if this character is based upon a toy, the World of Equestria RP is based upon the Equestria seen in the cartoon, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic; I don't think we're prepared to allow physical traits that cannot be adequately expressed in the art style of the cartoon.

• 2 weeks later...