[Manehattan] More Than Filling Time [Open]

Indie cleared his throat for a moment, he wasn't the best at this, but he could keep rhythm and replicate most of the sounds his drums. He produced a simple four count rhythm in a general popstyle. "[colour=#ff0000]Pst-p-p-ka-pa-pa-p-ke-pa[/colour]" Indie felt a little ridiculous, but it was fun.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gears was taken aback by the shop owner's thanking, even though it has happened before, its something that he never got used to. The shop owner took out the 5 bits he had just paid and told Gears it was free, and that he will receive discounts from now on. "[colour=#0000cd]I appreciate the gesture, but I offered to help you. I don't feel right taking the money back. If I get paid for doing what I do, so should you.[/colour]" Gears explained while pushing the 5 bits back towards the shop owner. "[colour=#0000cd]But, I'll tell you what, you already mentioned that the price was originally higher, so we'll call that the discounted price and call it even until next time.[/colour]" Gears offered as a mutual solution so all parties would be satisfied. Gears really didn't mind not getting paid, he often treats ponies who cannot afford the hospital fees, and he treats them regardless, accepting simply their gratitude as payment.

Gears levitated the tea that was now in front of him and smelled it. It smelled fantastic, and he couldn't wait to have it along with the other muffin he had ordered. He slowly walked over to the table he was sitting at before. Gears glanced over and noticed two ponies talking what seemed to be about their interests, noticing their cutie marks, he figured it had to be about music. He soon heard the younger of the two say "[colour=#00ffff]Give it to me boy.[/colour]" and the other started beat boxing. Normally this would annoy him, beat box and rap were not exactly the kinds of music he enjoyed, but he was far too tired to pay it any mind or do anything about it. He just wanted to sit back and enjoy his tea and muffin, so for now he could stand to hear rap. And who knows, it might be different from the rap he often hears and be enjoyable.

[colour=#222222]

[colour=#40E0D0]"Order a roll and I'm on a roll,[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]Roll up in the carriage no payin' the toll,[/colour]

[colour=#40E0D0]Don't abridge my rhymes, just bridge the troll[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]Stole the sole soul then sold off the foal;[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]Fillies no music that's criminal you see[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]Afillyate with a gang when you kill the free,[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]Treat me right, solid spirit like a tree,[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]Spirited away, I fight for she[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]The girl who can't make a rhyme alone[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]Lone girl in the world loaned no tone,[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]No beat, beat it out of her with a stone,[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]Music is the force that makes you atone."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Wordplay trailed off after that, her mental capacities reaching a limit that she didn't have the desire to pass. Reflecting on her verse, Wordplay was very surprised by the subject she had ended up exploring. She had never really gone that deep with her lyrics before, planned or otherwise. [/colour][colour=#40E0D0]"... Dunno where that came from." [/colour][colour=#000000]Wordplay wanted it to be clear that she hadn't just been autobiographical. [/colour][colour=#40E0D0]"That ain't me."[/colour][/colour]

"[colour=#ff0000]impressive[/colour]," Indie muttered after she had stopped and he followed suit. It would definitely be interesting to see if they could do an actually collaboration. He could see it working, honestly. An upbeat rhythm with alot of slap harmonics and some alternate picking should do the trick. Of course a solid bass melody would have to tie it all together, he he could sing with her on the chorus. "[colour=#ff0000]Can you sing as well?[/colour]"

Well, Indie didn't seem to have been thrown off by the subject she had explored, so Wordplay supposed it was a good thing that her mind had gone down that road. [colour=#40e0d0]"Heh, thanks." [/colour][colour=#000000]She suddenly found herself wishing she had a drink. Even the slightest vocal work on her part could be quite dehydrating. [/colour][colour=#40e0d0]"Hey, Pumpkin?" [/colour][colour=#000000]She raised a hoof for him to come by as she called out. When she looked back to Indie, it was as if something was running through his mind. He had asked if she could sing, which was sort of an interesting topic for Wordplay. She had to mull over it for a few seconds.[/colour]

[colour=#40e0d0]"Er... kind of. I have good breath support and diction, but my tone is really breathy and weak, especially if I try hitting some of those higher notes, it sounds really thin and squeaky."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Oh, but... Er, of course."[/colour] Pumpkin replied to Razor Gears, accepting the bits back with a bit of hesitance. [colour=#006400]"If you really would rather have it that way, I won't argue."[/colour] he added, giving Gears a light smile. [colour=#006400]"Enjoy your tea, and please, inform me if there's anything I can do!"[/colour] Pumpkin said as the Pony Physician walked over to the table he was at prior. Feeling a bit of fatigue, Pumpkin rested his head upon the counter, watching the windows and his customers.

Pumpkin had soon enough settled into the easy stupor that came with manning the counter; His mind wandered often. Not many ponies honestly came in here despite the testimonies of the few that did. At least he got some new customers, right? It was always interesting to see who--or what, for that matter,--would come through the door. More ponies passed by outside and it was oddly quiet. Well, aside from the beat-boxing and rapping that was coming from two of his new customers, but other than that everything was surreally quiet. A voice broke through his waking sleep, and his ears immediately perked up. "...Pumpkin?" He looked over to where it had come from, only to see the filly raise her hoof, obviously to him. He quickly left from behind the counter and trotted to the table and filly-in-question.

[colour=#006400]"What can I do for you?"[/colour] he said with a smile, his stomach growling at him, though quietly.

"[colour=#ff0000]That should pass with practice. At least enough to get a good full sound. How often do you write and practice?[/colour]" Indie wished he had brought an instrument, but he hadn't expected to run into a fellow musician and start a conversation. besides what would he have brought, a ukulele? I't not like he could carry a whole guitar around with him all the time. well, actually he could, but it would be very inconvenient when he was working, or just in general.

Pumpkin nodded. It was his job to serve; even if it would have been less inconveniencing if the older filly would have ordered a drink earlier instead of waiting until Pumpkin was relaxing. Not that it was, of course. Pumpkin was always happy to serve another. [colour=#006400]"Of course! I'll go get some right away." [/colour]he trailed off, hurrying to the back. He quickly returned with a warm, though not even remotely scalding, mug filled with the hot-hot-hot tea which sat upon a small tray. Pumpkin then set the tray down, gently unlocking his jaw to let it free. He gave a curt nod, and with it, he was off back towards the counter. [colour=#006400]"Just leave the money before you go, please?"[/colour] he said as he walked away, deciding to eat.

He walked off into the back, returning quickly with one of the tarts he had recently made. He was quite happy to get to try it; Though they were indeed his specialty, Pumpkin-Cinnamon muffins got a little old. He also brought with him a mug filled with an indeterminable liquid. Steam and other obvious signs of heat emanated from the top of the mug. [colour=#006400]"Mm, I've been waiting for this all day.."[/colour] he thought to himself, lifting up a tart between his hooves. A single bite and he was hooked; It was a absolutely amazing combination of flavours. He'd have to make this more often.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Will do." [/colour][colour=#000000]Wordplay levitated the mug slowly and carefully- there was a real chance she could drop it if she wasn't careful- onto the table before her. She pulled a few bits from her person onto the table, then took a sip of the tea. Oh, that was perfectly warm and soothing for her throat. Wordplay sighed contentedly and continued to drink the stuff, feeling the scratchiness in the throat dissipate. [/colour]

"[colour=#ff0000]Well, it sounds like you've got a unique sound to work with. Not alot of ponies can say that.[/colour]" Indie noted. He stood from his seat, of course after taking the final bite of his tart. "[colour=#ff0000]I'm afraid i have to go. I have a few things to attend to. Thank you for accompanying me for lunch[/colour]." He turned to the baker, "[colour=#ff0000]Thank you for the tart. I'm sure you could tell it was delicious[/colour]."

Pumpkin stood at the counter still, chewing upon a bite of the tarts he had recently made. The cheeks of his face were upturned in what could be considered a smile, obviously enjoying the new creation he had made. He swallowed the bit of tart in his mouth before speaking to the pony who had addressed him. [colour=#006400]"Oh it was no trouble, and I must thank you for the tart ideal. It was simply brilliant."[/colour] he said waving the kind pony off. He took a light sip of his coffee. The day was slowing down and there wasn't much else to do. Maybe he'd close soon; depends on if anypony was coming in.

Gears sat down and took out the second muffin to have along with his Jasmine tea. He had noticed that the filly called the shop owner "[colour=#00ffff]Pumpkin[/colour]" and figured that must be his name. The two musicians were talking about a collaboration, assumed it was about music. The tea and muffin really hit the spot after not eating after so long, he had enjoyed it thoroughly. "[colour=#0000ff]Thank you, Pumpkin, it was delicious.[/colour]" Gears said in a tired tone."[colour=#0000ff]Now I'm about to pass out, so I'll be taking my leave, but I'll remember this place and be back.[/colour]" Gears said with a smile. "[colour=#0000ff]Have a great day.[/colour]"

"[colour=#ff0000]Definitely, a sly piece on the guitar could definitely go a ways with your rap. We might could even get something recorded.[/colour]" Indie broke into an open smile. He loved collaborations.

(How do ponies keep in contact with each other? Exchange adresses or what? O.o)

With another sip of his coffee he smiled at the Physician pony. [colour=#006400]"Don't forget to tell all of your colleagues about the place!"[/colour] he joked, giving a light snicker. More sips of his coffee and another bite of the tart was sufficient for him; no need to spoil dinner.

Indie chuckled at the ponies excitement to record. "[colour=#ff0000]Agreed[/colour]," Indie nodded, "[colour=#ff0000]How's the park sound? I'm pretty much free any day around this time.[/colour]" Indie started towards the door, motioning her to accompany him.

Wordplay trotted after Indie, leaving a tip of two bits on the table behind her. She'd given Pumpkin her two bits on the pricing of his food, so she figured she'd leave him an extra two bits for his trouble. Wordplay put her shades back over her eyes as she stepped outside.

[colour=#40e0d0]"Are you free now? If so, I am too."[/colour]

[colour=#006400]"Don't forget to tell all of your colleagues about the place!" [/colour]Pumpkin said in a joking tone as Gears was leaving. With a dry laugh and in an equally joking tone Gears replied "[colour=#0000ff]Only to the colleges I like." [/colour]Gears opened the door slowly, he was more awake, but still tired. He didn't expect to be awake until past midday. "[colour=#0000ff]Thanks once again, I'll certainly be back[/colour]!" He said as he walked out the door and started towards his apartment.