[Closed!] Hearts and Hooves Day Dance! Apply Here!

Yo, guys.. I found this thread and thought it was pretty cool, thought I might share it with you all... ;3

It's uh, just some Hearts and Hooves day thing or something.. Go ahead and check it out, the girl who wrote seems pretty amazing, I think you guys'll love her xDD But more seriously, it's up you guys.

http://www.canterlot...e-apply-in-ooc/

......I'm from Cali, guys, I just sleep in so much that four in the afternoon is my morning. x#3

Yo, guys.. I found this thread and thought it was pretty cool, thought I might share it with you all... ;3

It's uh, just some Hearts and Hooves day thing or something.. Go ahead and check it out, the girl who wrote seems pretty amazing, I think you guys'll love her xDD But more seriously, it's up you guys.

http://www.canterlot...e-apply-in-ooc/

......I'm from Cali, guys, I just sleep in so much that four in the afternoon is my morning. x#3

I can't go in...:(

Ok, Darkeness is in! :D And no, it isn't too late to join. *Star Storm seal of approval*

.. We do currently have an uneven number of players, so unless somebody else applies someoneigjt have to go for cherilee x#D

By the way.. You should feel special, because I'm not home and literally just hopped on through my phone because somebody had told me there was a new app and I wanted to let up in asap x3

Well if it's not too late, I suppose I'll leave an application here. Hope you like her :3

Name: Whirley Gig

Race: Earth Pony

Brief History: Lived with her family in a workshop on the cliff side opposite Canterlot. Her father being one of the royal engineers for Princess Celestia, and her grandfather who helped in building the Friendship Express, her family is well known among nobles. Tired of not being able to go to the city without being recognized, she and one of her older brothers (Thingamajig) moved to Ponyville.

Looks: Slightly taller than most fillies, but not much. Her coat is a dull bronze color, and her mane/tail are colored gold and silver. Her mane is jagged and short, resembling a circular saw. Her tail however is long and groomed, and twirls to give the appearance of a drill. She wears a silver watch that her father made her, and her cutie mark is a single gear. She also has a pair of gold lense goggles, but she only wears them for working.

Cutie Mark: As mentioned, a single gear. When she was young she had a music box that her grandfather had made for her to help her sleep. She became reliant on it to be able to get any rest, but when she reached the age of 7 she accidentally knocked it off of her night stand. It broke upon impact with the floor and she of course began crying. Her father heard her and rushed in to see what the problem was. Rather than sugar coating it and fixing the box by himself, he decided that it would be a good time to start introducing her to the family occupation. He takes the broken box to his workshop and brings Whirley with him, overseeing her as she fixes the broken music machine herself. Once the casing was put back on, she turned the crank and it bagan making music. Her eyes filled with wonder as her prized music box came to life, elated that she had brought it back to life herself. Her mark appeared as the soft hymn of the box lulled her to sleep on the work table. Her father carried her back to her bed room and placed the music box back on the night stand. She didn't notice her cutie mark until the next morning.

Personality: Whirley isn't particularly shy. She can be outgoing, and will mostly just go along with whatever somepony else says. She prefers to avoid conflict, but when conflict arises she tends to fly off the handle. Being raised by mechanics, she isn't very girly, but she tries at times to be more feminine so as to not seem weird.

Dislikes: Being the center of attention, rust,

Random fact: Her first babysitters were Flim and Flam

In case it isn't clear, my avatar is said character. Though as a younger pony she wouldn't be wearing her goggles

Name: Redheart :D

Race: Earth

History: "What makes you special?" The words of her motto and her greatest fear. Redheart has always thought these words ever since her parents had "become angels". That's what the nurses had called it. She had always hated how they tried to make everything sound so bright. They weren't there. They didn't see the two ponies die just trying to protect her. They didn't watch helplessly as her parents bled to death. They didn't see the smirks of those... Horrible ponies as they walked off with 21 blood splattered bits. No. That was her. SHE saw her parents die! SHE was the reason they died! SHE couldn't help them. What made her special? Why did this happen to her?

Looks: white coat with a pink mane tied back in a bun, sad or angry looking icy blue eyes

Cutie Mark: Medical cross with a heart in each corner (I'll spare you the story :))

Personality: A bit timid and mistrustful with new ponies. A complete work-a-holic. Warms up to to friends after a while. Can be caught up in her thoughts easily. can be fun if she likes you

Likes: impressing ponies, a strong stallion or a lovely mare, energy drinks, music, reading, and nice ponies

Dislikes: pears (I hate pears), and full moons on the third Tuesday of a month ( just because :))

Random Fact: she's a party girl once you give her "something to drink". And she's bi :D fun!

Ps. Sorry about the story :(

Whirley Gig, Red heart.. You're in!! =D *Official star storm seal of approval* Welcome to Canterlot you two!! Add me to your friends lists, mmkay..? ^^

:Flutter: Yay! :Flutter: ...That butterfly is horridly underused.. But then again.. I only used it because they didn't have a happy fluttershy face.

Thanks, Dudemanguy!! That name is still just so fantastic.. xDD I'm excited to see you're contributions to the story ;-)

And thank you Redheart! Only.. If you can see me today.. But I can't see you... I'm a little worried that I may be being stalked..? :shock: ....... But you DID say that I looked good today.. Wait, no, you said great..... Which is ALWAYS nice to hear.. Maybe it's better I just don't ask questions.. :blush: I'm just kitten, thank you for the compliment, Redheart :3

I'd be okay with it if you'd like to play somepony else as well. (Or just the mare, either way is tooootally fine. ^^) Umm.. As much as I love Luna, I'd prefer it if you took an oc.. Would that be oki..? C:

Here is my FFA RP version of my OC MM. Basically the same except with some minor changes to his story. I'm sur!e this will be overkill but... oh well! Enjoy!

Name: Brew "Mustang" Highkick, Master

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye Color: Amber

Coat Color: Light Tan

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: Jet Black, mane in ponytail, tail and mane straight, sharp-edged, and layered. Has a thin chin-strap beard with a light 5 ol'clock shadow.

Physique: Medium height with a very athletic build. Little buff but very tone.

Cutie Mark: A ying-yang symbol with a soft blue aura. Symbolizes balance and spiritual/mental strength.

(Pic by BBS)

Origin/Residence: Born in Fillydelphia, whereabouts unknown for about 10 years, currently lives in the outskirts of Filly.

Occupation: Runs a martial arts dojang out of his home. He also watches over (and trains) orphan ponies from time to time.

Motivation: He wants to learn everything about martial arts as well as the world around him and pass this knowledge down to his students. He also feels the need to help and protect everypony.

Likes: Martial arts, his students, history, training, music, a good cup of tea, and having fun.

Dislikes: Violence, conflict, arrogance, superiority complexes, evildoers, and floaties in his tea

Character Summary:

(Music to amplify the story.)

Brew "Mustang" Highkick was born in Fillydelphia. His earth pony father, Ironflank, was a renown boxer in the Canterlot Boxing League; he was especially known for his ability to take a punch and keep pushing on. His boxing career ended in 25 wins and 6 losses. His father was a very noble pony; he would give at least 25% of his winnings to various charities. Ironflank trained, fought out of, and lived in Fillydelphia. One day a mare of stunning beauty stops him in the street claiming to be his biggest fan. Ironflank was used to greeting fans but this mare made his big heart skip a beat. Her name was Tea-na, an earth pony as well with some unicorn blood in her. Teana ran a fresh produce market in Fillydelphia that got decent business. Her specialty was selling teas. That day with a heavy blush, Teana asked Ironflank if he would like to come try some of her fresh and exotic teas, no-charge. Ironflank, with a slight blush himself, accepted the young mare's proposal. The rest is history. Together they had Brew Highkick. The story behind his name is that when he was born his parents were at a lost to what they should name him so they waited. As a baby he refused to drink any baby-formula until one day his mother experimented with some simple green tea; the young colt took to drink instantly with a smile. That same day while his father was training in his gym in the back of the house, little Brew Highkick snuck out of his crib and sought out his father. The little colt found his father in his gym. When he saw his father hitting a bag, Highkick tried the same but fell on his back and began to cry. Ironflank, surprised, came to the aid of his child only to be knocked senseless when the foal's flailing rear hooves struck his father in the chin. Ironhooves chuckled "wow that was a strong kick;" his foal giggled in response. The rest is history until Brew Highkick was a middle aged colt.

In his early life he heard stories of strong and swift stallions and mares who's hooves were as powerful as the strongest steel. They would battle each other in amazing bouts of extravagant and exotic techniques to determine who's the strongest or to settle a fierce vendetta. He wanted to be strong too. He would occasionally find some of his friends being picked on by larger arrogant ponies. Brew would run to help only to be beaten up pretty bad. He wanted to protect his friends and teach those “meanies” a lesson. The colt knows that it is these "martial arts" are his calling but he needs to find them first. Brew confront his father about this one spring afternoon during his cardio-workout. His father did not protest this although when he told his mother she feared for the safety of her child. She tried to stop her son as she felt that he was too young, fearing for his saftey; Ironflank prevented her from doing so.

"Let him go hun... you saw it in his eyes didn't you? He has that spark, that drive to make himself into a stronger pony. If we were to stop him now he would only sneak out when we least expect it. What is in his heart is not here. It is not our place to deny him his destiny. Besides, he is his my son too after all; he's tough and I know he will come back even stronger than his pops!" said Ironflank with a determined smile patting his son’s head. Teana was crushed but she too sensed the potential in her child; Ironflank was right. Never would she want her son to settle for less than the best; she preached to him all the time about that when it came to teas. With great reluctance, she let him go…

For 2 years his journey proved fruitless in his travels until he comes across a very old looking village at the base of the mountains north of Las Pegasus inside the Everfree forest. In the village’s center flew flag of strange symbols. So far this place seems normal but everypony here are wearing these strange white gowns, each with a different color belt. Highkick gravitates towards a large temple in the center of the village. In front of the temple was a large grassy courtyard were several ponies were conducting these strange but familiar moves. It hits Brew, this is the kind of place he was looking for! Those stories he heard were true! He took in the courtyard with great awe as a very old stallion, who goes by the name Grandmaster Ki Bon Sul (Basic Technique) approached him. "Welcome young one, I can sense your presence here has a far larger purpose than you know. Come, come... your destiny awaits" the old pony says in a very forgien accent. Brew Highkick felt a spark ignite deep in his heart. His journey to become a martial artist begins.

Brew Highkick’s training was very touch both mental and physical. His training would incorporate fierce morning workouts and technique drills. Sparring was the worst. Rarely did they ever wear protective gear. Brew frequently experienced cuts, bruises, and even a broken bone once. He pushed on though just like he knew his father would. Evening would be the time for mental training, such as focus drills and social-skills. These he excelled at quickly because of his personality. He learned how to read and write very well here. Grandmaster Ki Bon Sul even taught him how to use and manifest his chi to perform special techniques or amplify his basic ones. Being a small part unicorn helped very well here as magic and chi are very close to each other. He got along very well with all of his peers and was very well respected.

Brew matured very quickly for his age and slowly started to detest the violence of the physical aspect of martial arts. He knew their importance but still… he wondered why we need to fight. He knew of so many alternatives to fighting; his master taught him many of them. During his sparring sessions Brew became very defensive and only struck his opponent if he could not evade or block. Grandmaster Ki Bon Sul observed Brew’s behavior and became somewhat disappointed but Brew didn’t notice as his master always kept a kind smile.

Finally the day came for his black belt test. He was very nervous but anyone would be as Grandmaster Ki Bon Sul was very strict in his grading. He would never pass someone unless he truly felt they were ready. The humble Brew Highkick passed every test leading to his final trial… each final trial of the black belt test was unique to the student. Grandmaster Ki Bon Sul stood before him…

“Young Brew… your final trial is me. You must defeat me in combat.” said the Grandmaster. He had a usually stern look in his eye.

“But master, I don’t wish to fight you. Is there some other test I can pass for you, sir?” Brew pleaded. He respected his master too highly to even think to strike him.

“If you will not fight…” Ki Bon Sul motioned a group of ponies over to the ring. “… then I will fight him and I will not hold back.” It was Quick Silver, a young student that Brew was mentoring. He was still a white belt and very fragile.

“NO MASTER!!! Please, he is not ready!” Brew pleaded.

“Fight me and spare your friend or watch him suffer. Those are your only options.” Grandmaster Ki Bon Sul barked.

Brew sighed and looked at his master with remorse. “Then you leave me no choice, master… I have to protect my student!” Brew yelled as he took his sparring stance. His master smirked and then charged.

Brew fought very defensively. He still did not want to even attempt to harm his master. He continuously blocked most of his masters techniques before one of his master’s hooves sent him flying across the ring in great pain. Grandmaster Ki Bon Sul looked at Brew very harshly “If you don’t defeat me then I will exile him.”

“What? No! Master, you can’t!”

“Then defeat me Brew, this is your test. You know these test are designed to push your limits. Now rise.”

Suddenly Brew’s eyes lit up to a bright blue light and a soft blue aura radiated from his body. A blue ethereal horn developed on his forehead. He looked at his master with new found determination. “Very well, but I will do this my way… no one will get hurt.” He says with great heroic resolve in his voice.

His master smirked, “Very good Brew… now come, your final trial awaits.”

They both rushed into combat, punches and kicks flying. Brew’s speed was extraordinary like if he was moving with the wind itself. His stances and blocks became far stronger and harder than any mountain stone; however Brew yields his strength in every strike to avoid hurting his master until he finds and opening. He quickly maneuvers around to Ki Bon Sul’s back and places his hand on his neck. Suddenly his master collapsed. Suddenly Brew’s body burst into a bright light and he collapsed as well but something changed…

Brew woke up in the nurses office with his master looking down on him. “Ah, you are awake, and right on time too.” His master said with a smile. He appeared to not have a scratch on him.

“Master are you ok? Is Quick Silver alright? What transpired?” Brew asked hastily.

Ki Bon Sul stroked his long fumanchu beard “What happened, you ask?” His master then turns to him and gives him a pat on his shoulder. “You passed Brew.” He says with a goofy old smile.

“I… I… pass?” Brew is in shock. “How? Did I hurt you sir? 1000 pardons, sir.” Brew begins to bow many times until his master stops him.

“Don’t worry Brew. You did exactly what I was expecting you too. You only knocked me unconscious with your chi. No pain, no injury. Just lights out!” His master laughed. Ki Bon Sul checked Brew out of the infirmary and led him to the temple courtyard. All of his peers were sitting in the grass facing the temple steps. “Come Brew, I have something for you.” Ki Bon Sul says as he lead him to the top of the steps at the temple entrance. They stand across from each other. Brew felt his heart glowing. He knew what’s happening. “Charriut!!! (Attention)” His master commands. Brew stands sharply and focused but they are still smiling. “Dorrah!!! (Turn)” Brew turned around and untied is old red-stripe belt and folded it neatly. He then turned to face his master. He handed his worn belt to his master with a bow; in return his master reveals a long black belt. Brew was so excited his heart nearly skipped a beat. He accepted his belt with a bow and hastily turned to put it on and turned again. “Kungneh.” Orders his master as they both bow in great respect. Every pony cheered but Ki Bon Sul wasn’t finished…

“You got something else from this test too.” Grandmaster Ki Bon Sul started. “Remember the moment when you defeated me? Look…” Ki Bon Sul points to Brew’s flank. The once blank flank now contained a full cutie-mark. Brew jumped for joy. It was the happiest moment of his life however… his master still wasn’t finished…

“With such great portrayal of strength, spirit, courage, and honor, I shall bestow upon you the nickname Mustang as you brew reflect everything the legendary Mustang Monks stood for: Honor, knowledge, strength, and most of all the well being of their fellow pony.” Ki Bon Sul brought great joy to Brew’s heart. A few tears slipped past Brew’s guard. His master looks at him with a wide silly smile. “Now go boy! Take the day off to celebrate! You more than deserve. Make sure to stop by tonight for tea.”

Brew bows with a great smile then hoof-pumps. “You can count on it master!”

10 years later... Brew “Mustang” Highkick returns to Fillydelphia with a uniform as white as snow, a belt as black as night, and the cutie-mark he longed for. In response to his return, his father took a long break from boxing and his mother closed down her whole market for a month so that the family could celebrate together.

Thus the saga of Master Brew "Mustang" Highkick.

Personality:

Master Mustang is a very humble, modest, and kind pony because of his experiences and training. He excelled in all area's of martial arts but his true mastery was in the spiritual and mental concepts. He believes a true pony of the martial arts is a seeker of knowledge and a protector of those who can't protect themselves thus in his training he recieved the nickname "Mustang." The Mustangs, as his old master explained, were an ancient clan of ponies who were, in essence, monk guardians or paladins. They seeked the knowledge of the past in order to improve the future of their brethren as well as protect fellow ponies from evildoers who would seek to cause them harm. However, most seem them as nothing more as an old stallion’s legend. Brew highly disagrees.

Master Mustang loves to share everything with his fellow ponies, especially the most precious of things, time as well as his tea.

He is usually very cool and collected, never losing his temper but like everypony he has moments of weakness. He believes we must accept out limitations and work around them to further our growth and this is where his love of music comes in; Master Mustang purges his excess emotions through music.

Early on in his life Brew grew to detest violence even as a last resort. He does not like to fight but he rather compromise with his opponent but if the need arises and there no other option, he will resort to his mighty skills. However, at times the Master will use his skills to make a point, especially with arrogant and self-centered ponies in an attempt to humble them.

The Master sees himself as much as a student as he is a teacher. He realizes that there is an infinite amount of knowledge to be learned and an infinite number of potential ponies to share such knowledge with.

Brew is very quick to help in any situation because of that fateful day of his black-belt test. Helping a fellow pony is worth far more than anything we can imagine, even one’s life.

Master Mustang takes in orphan ponies from time to time to shelter. He may be strong but anypony knows that loosing a parent, if not both still causes pain. He seeks to remedy this pain and heal these poor ponies.

Master Mustang is very mature for his age but don't mistake him as being "mister serious" because he frequently lets out the little foal inside him.

Mares tend to be his weakness since he never had a special somepony. When it comes to anything romantic, he ges nervous. He is especially shy around mares.