Gerrard Grayfeather (Final)

Gerrard

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria

Name: Gerrard Grayfeather

Sex: Male

Species: Griffon

Coat colour: He has a black pelt with silver head plumage. His talons and beak are a slightly darker shade of black.

Mane/Tail/Markings colour Style: He has well managed feathers with no discernible colour accents to them. He has a normal length griffon tail and no visible scars. His beak is slightly larger and more masculine than what most female griffons would have, but is by no means overwhelming, just noticeable enough for most ponies to assume he is male.

Eye colour: A golden yellow, the standard for most birds of prey.

Cutie Mark: No identifier marks on griffons.

Physique: Gerrard is well traveled and is rather lean. His body is physically fit but by no means unusually strong for a member of his species. He is about as tall as a normal stallion and still remains somewhat more bulky than one because of his species. He normally only has to look up to exceptionally tall ponies.

Family: Gerrard is one member of a clutch of eggs that belonged to his parents, Gage Grayfeather and Gale Grayfeather. Gale was a high ranking officer in the griffon military, her involvement winding down in her growing age as she leans closer to management and organization. Gage still works as banker in the central government, having met his future wife in the offices they both spent time in, the pair finding their unique paths crossing multiple times. He has more siblings than he could be bothered to talk about, rarely speaking with any of them, their interests generally matching the parents they often looked up to while growing up. He is seen as a bit of an odd griffon by his family, choosing a profession that most griffons would almost consider laughable. He isn't alienated from them in particular, but Gerrard likes to focus his attention on things in the immediate vicinity of his life, mainly with the ponies he works for.

Origin: Gerrard was born in the griffon kingdom, Talonopolis to be exact, and found that his calling was in irrigation, an art rarely used in the hunter gatherer society of his species. He took advantage of the student exchange program between the two nations and earned a spot in the Royal University of Canterlot where he spent four years getting a pony centric education. He is well versed in both cultures but has adapted well to the much more peaceful pony one.

Occupation: Irrigation Architect (He makes sure that cities in Equestria have water delivered to their residents and fields through pipes). He has a small office in Canterlot where he conducts his business with the government and private citizens. He is often hired to repair and review projects that fall into the broad overarching realm of water. He is very successful at his job because his talons have the precision of unicorn magic to manipulate objects, and his wings give him speed comparable to an average pegasus courier, allowing him to reach distant portions of Equestria in a seemly manner to work on any problems that arise. He is very confident in his skills and his education has allowed him to adapt well to the stresses of his job.

Motivation: Gerrard lives to make griffons look better in society, trying to be even handed in his dealings with everyone. He hopes to become wealthy enough to live a peaceful life with a family. He also wouldn't mind being a bit renowned.

Likes: He likes people who don't jump to conclusions about him based on his race. When he isn't working, he likes a bit of racing and the occasional sporting event. He also likes the occasional chat about inter-country relations. He is mischievous at heart, liking to get smiles or gasps out of others with playful tricks. He isn't above playing into the fears of others to teach them that not everyone is exactly how they look at first glance.

Dislikes: Gerrard dislikes strangers who are judgmental and close minded of him and others. He dislikes the fashion industry in general, simply preferring a modest utilitarian outfit. He also dislikes thunder and pegasus who manipulate weather for petty reasons. He tries not to express his dislikes unless provoked by a very overbearing person. He has control of his temper, but can lose control in extreme circumstances, a thing he would really not like to do. The one thing that really ruffles his feathers is when he is called a simple plumber, something he did not go to university to become. He views himself as something more, even when his job forces him to work in essentially the same way as one.

Character Summary: Gerrard is a griffon who has fully embraced living in a world that seemingly revolves around ponies. He knows that some might find him frightening or inspiring, but he believes that initial reactions are able to be molded into something positive and realistic. He is an entrepreneur who likes solving problems and getting compensated for doing so. The griffon loves bits as much as he likes showing that griffons are as varied in both appearance and personality as any pony you might find on the streets of Canterlot. He of course has faults that stem from a temper that flares up from ignorant people, something he tries very hard to control. He loves to gloat about his accomplishments and attributes, his education and eagle eyes in particular. His machismo also serves as a mirror to reflect away his own insecurities, the proud griffon always weary of ruining a tattered reputation that has followed his species over the years. And in more practical weaknesses, he fears thunder and resents pegasus who use clouds for anything not directly related to business. When meeting new people he likes to make his presence known, and will assess the reactions of others before trying to create a solid opinion about himself or his race in the minds of others.

Personality: He is a very casual griffon who tries his best to not let things bother him. Gerrard is very playful and likes to test the reactions of others to his species. He will joke and feign ignorance in order to get a better understanding of those around him. He isn't above scaring ponies if he thinks it will earn him or them a solid laugh, the griffon loving to flaunt his imposing appearance whenever possible. He tries his best to tolerate ignorant people who don't understand him, knowing that it is natural for people to be scared of things they don't understand. He can resist poking and prodding from agitators a great deal, but people who know better and still decide to create conflict can anger him. Once someone gets to know him, they will find that the griffon is very playful and loyal, never betraying anyone he feels has earned his trust. If he has a character flaw, it would definitely be his pride, the griffon sometimes becoming stubborn when it comes to admitting and owning up to mistakes. When working with his clients, he puts on a convincing, albeit forced, aura of professionalism. He will act respectful and treat his client in the way they feel most comfortable for them, the griffon making sure that his jovial nature does not ruin business dealings whenever possible.

Picture: Here is a picture of Gerrard, drawn by BrainedBySaucepan of my griffon in all his seemingly diabolical glory.

post-4851-0-91039800-1348372795_thumb.pn

Very, very interesting character! I really love his personality and the sort, and I don't know how you came up with his occupation, simply brilliant. On topic of his family, if he has any, can we hear about them? I'm not the kind to quote the Guide, so I'm not going to bother, but that is the only part that seems, to me, to be missing. The rest is rather amazing. I hope to see you around the roleplay section soon. :)

Updated this with a family section and elaborated on his job more~

Lovely, simply lovely! You're quite good at what you do. :) I definitely like where this is going, but I believe that I see a grammatical error.

He also wouldn't mind be a bit renown.

Do you perhaps mean 'being a bit renowned'? Just thought I should point it out. Other than that, this application looks good to go! The mods will sweep through the apps sooner or later, and I'm sure you'll be accepted in no time! :)

Hello!

Your friendly neighborhood Helpstaff here! I really like the depth of you application. Just a couple of things to do before you can play as this character:

1. You should bold all the headings for the different sections.

2. You don't have to put the age for your character. Adult is enough.

3. You might want to add a Personality section. How does your character think, feel, or act normally? Does he get upset easily? This will help get into the mind of your character.

You're almost there to having a great character!

• 3 weeks later...