The Academy Chapter 3 Daylight's End

Dabom444

Time spinner was knocked onto his side as a loud crash happened outside. (Lyria's landing affected the looking pool.) He got up quickly and ran outside. A familiar sight of dark shadows moving across the town came into view. Time Dashed forward, protecting a filly from a growing shadow. He noticed the shadow and quickly lit his horn with a simple illumination spell. The shadow moved away from him and he looked around. The doors to the barracks for the SERS was wide open and Time charaged in there to find a large pony, who looked a lot like nightmare moon.

(Time's never met Lyria, right?)

Flashbomb was thankfull for Cloud dasher's help. He nudged her on the shoulder [colour=#0000FF]"Thanks cloud...." [/colour]He said with the new bandage adorning his face. He heard through his own comms that The raptors along with the gryphons will be Arriving in 4 days. He felt a little reassured with that fact and continued to Secure the enemies. [colour=#0000FF]"My question is Why arnt we in battle right now? I figured that the Horde and swarm would be upon us again." [/colour]He said to the others around him as well as into the Comms. He Heard laughter nearby, a shadowbolt whom he had yet to Secure had gotten up. [colour=#FF0000]"So Nieve you Pegesai are, To the truth. You are all Pathetic!" [/colour]He growled at them. Flashbomb stepped forward, he readied himself to restrain the shadowbolt. The pegasus looked at him, his goggles hanging off of his face broken showing his red eyes. [colour=#FF0000]"You had defeated us At your precious Academy but now any moment it will be dust." [/colour]He growled. The Air lit up and a loud explosion encompaced the skies. Flash shielded his vison from the bright light. The Shadowbolt smiled Evily, [colour=#FF0000]"As you were toying with us we infiltrated the premisis and Set up a Gem with enough force to level a small town. Its all gone now." [/colour]He cackled. Flashbomb didnt believe him, He activated Survailence of the Academy. He got a feed from a local Raptor Who had Just seen what had happened. The floating Wonderbolt Academy was now just a Smoking pile of rubble falling from the sky. Spitfire, Soarin, Rainbow Dash, The other Wonderbolts....... [colour=#FF0000]"They are all gone..." [/colour]The Shadowbolt rumbled. Flashbomb turned off the feed and looked at the Shadowbolt with Anger boiling within him. He shot forward at Tackled the Monster. He skirmished with him, Throwing him around like a ragdoll. He picked him up and slammed him on the ground in Pure rage. He eventually spun around and threw him against the wall. he was about to finnish him off when He restrained himself. He breathed heavily from the Adrenaline pumping through him. He Binded the Pegasus with Shock cuffs and a coller like the rest. The shadowbolt Spat and laughed. [colour=#FF0000]"We cant....be stopped *cough* now!! You will fall and we shall rise! The night Shall last forever!! Lyria will lead us to Eternal Night!!" [/colour]He shouted at Flashbomb as he trotted away. Flashbomb stopped and Stared off into space. The Wonderbolt Chuckled [colour=#FF0000]"What!? Did i pull a Mental String or something!? " [/colour]The shadowbolt mocked him. Flashbomb turned his gaze, he stared at The shadowbolt in dissbelief. [colour=#FF0000]"Yes you heard me Right Wonderbolt Pig! I said Lyria! And her plan is being Carried out as we speak!!" [/colour]The shadowbolt Jested. Flashbomb turned around and started his way over to the Shadowbolt, [colour=#0000FF]"You tell me everything you know Right now or You will regret it!" [/colour]He demanded. The shadowbolt only smiled and spat in his face. [colour=#FF0000]"Bite me!!" [/colour]He said. Flashbomb wiped the Spit from his face. He smacked the wonderbolt across the face leading to only Meniacal laughter from the Shadowbolt. [colour=#FF0000]"Do you honestly Believe that Physical harm will make me spill the beans!? Your sadder than i thought!!" [/colour]He shouted at Flashbomb. Flash felt his anger raise again but knew that he wouldnt get anywhere with Traditional interrigation metheods. He looked back to the others for suggestions.

FlashBomb thanked her. She smiled "Anytime Flashy" She said. Returning to calling FlashBomb by her nickname for him. Suddenly sa shadowbolt woke up. CloudDasher couldent quite hear what he said, But soon after a large explosion could be heard and seen in the distance. CloudDashers hear droped. The ShadowBolt mentioned something about SpitFire, RainbowDash And Soren being gone. Her eyes widened and she could feel tears dweling behind her eyes. This feeling stoped after FlashBomb nearly killed the ShadowBolt. CloudDasher opened her mouth but nothing came out. She sat down. She was reggreting joining the SERS more and more every second.

Darkness looked at the Shadowbolt, "So sad to be on her side," he said simply, "So blindsided by her plans to see how she uses each and every one of you, your expendable," he smiled, "But I guess you will find that out later," he said and shook his head slowly, "Look, I know most, if not all, of you don't trust me, but I need your help, like I said," he looked into the sky, toward where he knew the Academy was, and closed his eyes. He knew that place better then any of them knew, he had been living there as a normal pegasus for so long, not even doing evil. But now he remain quite, awaiting a response

CloudDasher shook her head "No, I've got to be stronger" she said to herself. She stood up. "So what's the plan to get out of here?" She asked. "I dought we can fly out without getting the attention of about 100 Changelings" She paced for a moment. A idea poped into her head. "Ill go, I could scout a path out and lead you guys out via comms. Unless somepony has a better idea. I for one am sick of sitting here on my plot not doing anything to stop this madness." She turned to psyad "You can come if you want. I could use a little backup just in case, Just hope your fast on your hooves" She grinned in a playfull way.

[colour=#000000]Shimmer, alongside Gallium, Reginae and Anoma[/colour][colour=#000000]ly, hovered over the building, using Shimmer's mask to pinpoint their location before descending. She landed next to Velocity explaining why there were only four of them, [/colour][colour=#696969]"We heard the explosion, so Carmus took the rest to investigate it." [/colour][colour=#000000]She looks at the Shadowbolt, then to Darkness, [/colour][colour=#696969]"What happened to him?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She asks. Velocity gestures to Flash, [/colour][colour=#DAA520]"Threw salt in the wound about the Academy..."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Shimmer huffed, [/colour][colour=#696969]"Commendable restraint. I probably would have killed him."[/colour]

After Cloud Dasher's suggest, Psyad grinned broadly, [colour=#a52a2a]"Am I fast? Ha! You don't get to be a Disgnated [/colour][colour=#A52A2A]Sighter in the Raptors if you're not quick!"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She crouched, not unlike a cat, returning the playful grin with one of her own, [/colour][colour=#a52a2a]"Just hope you can keep up."[/colour]

CloudDasher smiled "[colour=#00ffff]Oh, I can keep up! I didn't get assigned as Recon 1-1 for sitting on my plot[/colour]" (Were getting into callsigns and Designated positions hu? :3 Next thing you know were talking in Brevity code! XD) "[colour=#00ffff]So trust me, I can keep up![/colour]" She smiled mocking Psyad's position almost perfectly.

[colour=#800080]"Don't make me do this by force." [/colour]Lyria growled, and her blue eyes shimmered. The Nightmares surrounded him.

[colour=#800080]"Come on, help me rule Eternal Night..." [/colour][colour=#000000]She pleaded, and shut the door. Shadowbolts guarded the door and windows. [/colour]

Flashbomb Looked back to Darkness, something in his tone of Voice clicked inside his memory. He seemed Very familiar to Flash now, a kind of Aroura had caught his eye. He heard the coms go off again [colour=#008000]"MAYDAY! MAYDAY! WE ARE LOSING THE BATTLE IN PONYVILLE! *CRACKLE* AIM FOR THE ONE ON THE RIGHT! THE ONE ON THE RIGHT GAHHHHH!! *BOOM* [/colour]He heard a teamate scream into the comms. Flash closed his eyes and checked the SERS list. They had lost 3 Members already and this made 4. They were marked Kia in the hud. He saw Angel snapp's Was still inactive. [colour=#0000FF]"Something isnt right.....where is Angel Snapp?" [/colour]He asked himself. The Shadowbolt began to laugh again [colour=#FF0000]"He will join us soon! The Angel of the night, He will be Lyria's right hand Stallion!" [/colour]He cackled. Flashbomb glared at the Shadowbolt again. he Hit him repeatatively. The shadowbolt laughed harder and harder [colour=#FF0000]"What!? I awnser you and you beat me! I keep my silence and you beat me! What is up with you!?" [/colour][colour=#0000FF]"Because your kind dont desrve to talk or keep silent! You evil......*sigh*" [/colour]He said with frustration. He threw the shadowbolt down, the Shadowbolt's head hit a sharp end of a table cutting his mask. Flashbomb looked back to see The mask fall off. It was Thunder Swift! The Leader of the last shadowbolt attack at the Academy! He stared at him and Thunder laughed, his eyes ablaze with Corruption. [colour=#FF0000]"Long time no see Flashbomb." [/colour]He said. Flashbomb stared at him for awhile longer and looked around at everypony around him. He stopped at Cloud dasher and Psyad. [colour=#0000FF]"We are getting nowhere standing around here. I say your idea to Find an escape route is our best bet." [/colour]He said. He looked back to Thunder Swift, [colour=#0000FF]"And your coming with us, There is much you have yet to tell me."[/colour]

"spitfire, Rainbow Dash," Darkness said softly but out loud, "There not dead, no.." he closed his eyes and stiffled a tear, "NO! NO never, Spitfire and Rainbow Dash are better then that, there not gone, there not dead! Spitfire said we would always be by eachothers side!" he began to cry and said something to himself

AngelSnapp grinded his teeth. He examined the room. There was no way out without a fight. And he knew it was a Fight he would never win. He took a deep breath. "[colour=#800000]Lyria. You dont have to do this.[/colour]​" He tried to appeal to her sense of humanity

CloudDasher nodded to FlashBomb. "[colour=#00ffff]Ill go first[/colour]" She told Psyad. CloudDasher slowly opened the door and looked to the left and right. To the right was a park with a couple rainbow falls. No cover, She looked over to the left. A building that seemed like it was a bakery was standing there. She examined the rest of the area. Clear. She stepped out and quickly ducked behind the building. She trotted low to the ground. She looked back to see if Psyad was fallowing her.

[colour=#800080]"I do. I have to help the Nightmares... They will never forget me. You guys will... You'll leave for Cloud Dasher... I know it. They showed me." [/colour][colour=#000000]The nightmares hissed around Lyria, and Lyria sighed. [/colour][colour=#800080]"I'm sorry Angel. You have to be one of us, then you'll never forget me." [/colour][colour=#000000]The nightmares crept closer to Angel, starting to crawl up his hooves. [/colour]

Flashbomb watched Cloud dasher sneak out. He grabbed Thunder Swift and dragged him along with him near the exit. Thunder Swift smiled at him [colour=#FF0000]"Whats the use Flash!? You should give up now! Your team is already split in two! 2 of your pegesai are already having multiple Personality problems. That Velocity Stallion over there is fighting with himself as we speak. And the Changeling!? He should be very Familiar to you already!" [/colour]He mocked flash. Flashbomb hit his muzzle against the cloud wall making Him laugh yet again. He held onto him tightly and looked back to the others,[colour=#0000FF]"All we need to worry about now is getting out of here Alive." [/colour]He said. He took a double take at Velocity and The changeling. He looked at them for awhile and sighed. they had to stick together to make it through this.

[colour=#000000]Time looked around the room. His necklace started to glow as Gadget tried to talk with him. He reached towards his neck to only find the Pendant...his pocket watch was still inside his house! He wouldn't be able to stop time for now...yet still Deity played with his mind.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"We could be some of the strongest Unicorns in Equestria if we had the nightmares on our side. Stronger than even Twilight Sparkle." [/colour][colour=#000000]The thought of being better than Twilight did not go unnoticed in his head. Being better than her would be quite the feat. Quickly he shook the idea from his head, yet the possibility still lingered. He made his way towards Angel and quickly illuminated the shadows away from him. He turned to Angel and gave a half smile. [/colour][colour=#696969]"So the wife treats you like this?" [/colour]

(Good Luna you guys ;P )

It took a great deal of restraint for Velocity not to end Thunder Swift right then and there. The fact the idea popped into his head angered him. He growled and turned away, lest he carry through.

Gallium and Reginae trotted over to where Thunder Swift was being held. Gallium stayed silent, merely keeping an eye on him. Reginae looked to Flashbomb. "Should I treat him? If we want any chance of gleaning information from him, he'll have to be in better health than this..."

~*~

Psyad nodded to Flashbomb and crept out behind Cloud, utlizing her small size and agile frame to creep behind even miniscule cover as she made her way up to Cloud, nodding with a small smirk.

/)*(\

Carmus and his task force arrived where the Acadey should have been. He growled behind his visor, "Search for anything we could use as evidence. And if we're lucky... Survivors."

"If anypony somehow managed to...

(OOC: More facts about the Raptors thatitotallyamnotcomingupwithasigoalong): There are many Squadrons making up the Raptors. Everything is overseen by the Commander, while individual squadrons are overseen by a Captain (for instance Ensis Squadron, the one that trained the SERS, is Captained by Carmus), and each Squadron is made up of Four Flights, each of which is made up of the Sergeant, such as Shrike, a Medical Officer (Sagebrush and Reginae), an Enforcer (Gallium), a Barrager (Alkaline), a Sighter (Psyad), a Comm Officer (Anomaly) and a Stormer (Torque).

Flashbomb Held onto Thunder Swift, He Watched the 2 trot off to scout an escape route. He hoped that they would find a clear path for them. Thunder swift still laughed at Flashbomb [colour=#FF0000]"You know the funny thing Flashy? Is that What Cloud dasher calls you? My captire was all acording to plan."[/colour]He chuckled. Flashbomb smiled [colour=#0000FF]"Dont make me laugh..." [/colour]He said. Thunder swift stopped, [colour=#FF0000]"Last mistake, Wonderbolt....." [/colour]He said. Two softball sized pellets fell from His Outfit, A Flash and A crack over took the group effectively Concussioning The group. Flashbomb couldnt see nor hear, He felt his grip on Thunder Swift Ripped away. He felt himself get grabbed and slammed on his back, He gained part of his vision just in time to see Thunder Swift free from his bindings. He had Jumped on Flashbomb, He held him down and struggled with him. The pellets had Effectively smoke screened the area. Thunder Swift hit Flashbomb in the muzzle and While he was Stunned Activated the dark magic that Flash knew all to well. The corruption spel that surounded Thunder swift's hoof crackled and Popped. [colour=#FF0000]"I will complete the Cycle! You shall all fall!" [/colour]He heard Him yell through his ringing ears. Thunder Swift swung his Corrupted magic hoof down twoards Flashbomb's fore head. Flashbomb Crosed his hooves and blocked it, but only partially. He struggled with Thunder swift as he pressed the Hoof closer and Closer to Flashbomb's forehead. He laughed maniacally as it drew closer to Flash's forehead, [colour=#FF0000]"No escape!" [/colour]He shouted. He Pulled back and Slammed through FlashBomb's block. He connected with Flashbomb's forehead Draining him of all memories. This Corruption spell was worse than the ones at the Academy, Flashbomb lost his sanity and all grip on reality as well of who he was. He yelled out in pain as his Forehead seared. Eventually he Stopped struggling and Fell limp. Thunder swift smiled Evily and took of through the smoke screen out into the skies above Laughing as he went.

Reginae was blasted back, having been standing right where a concussive pod fell. Gallium skidded back from the blast, his knee jerk reaction to fire on an enemy kicking in, despite Thunder Swift having already moved, so he only succeeded in blowing a small crater in the floor.

Velocity cried out in frustration and anger as the pods went off. He didn't hesitate in taking to the sky, despite being disoriented. He found his mask locking onto the nearest life signal, and he went for it. He tackled the pony to the ground, and was about to go through with stabbing into them when he heard a very worried and confused voice say, [colour=#696969]"Velocity...?"[/colour]

[colour=#000000]His mask had locked onto Shimmer, his blinded judgment painting her the same aura as Thunder Swift. Velocity reeled back, off of her, and yelled in frustration before rocketing upwards, out of their vicinity.[/colour]

[colour=#000000]~*~[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Psyad looked back at the building when she heard the sounds of the pods, and saw Thunder Swift leaving, [/colour][colour=#a52a2a]"Weeell that can't be good."[/colour]

[colour=#000000]She said, aiming down the scope of her weapon at the Shadowbolt.[/colour]