Official Discussion Thread - S05E3 Castle Sweet Castle

This one was pretty good. They at least tried to resolve the "controversy" (thought it wasn't a "controversy" to me...) that come out of the Season 4 finale for some people (myself obviously not being one of them).

I never had a problem with Twilight getting a castle. Her old home didn't deserve to be destroyed, but, villains are mean like that. :applejack2:

Either way I liked this one as well. Whether or not it'll make the others who didn't enjoy what happened to Twilight's home getting destroyed and her getting a castle feel any better... well... that's up to those people I guess?

That's not the point though. The point is that I enjoyed this episode.

:smirk:

Every season has it's own "feel" to it, and I think this season's "feel" is nostalgia. These first three episodes have reminded me more of the old children's shows (like Strawberry Shortcake before she was completely dolled-up and G1/G3 MLP), and that's not necessarily bad. It's true when I first started watching MLP I admired it because it didn't act like a children's show, but now that it's sort of leaning in that direction, I feel bonded to it because of that aforementioned nostalgia factor. It's interesting.

As far as this episode is concerned, I think it's good they took the time to ground Twilight's character more. So much has changed for her, and there's a lot for her to take in. She'll need time to adjust. That's why this episode - though extremely slow-paced - was very important. I loved the subtle humor in this one, too. It's not my favorite episode by any means, but it serve its purpose as character development. Also, that little montage of Twilight and Fluttershy cleaning the animals in the beginning was particularly adorable. 

Archived