Canterlot Chronicles?

Hey there! From what I understand, Canterlot Chronicles is different from World of Equestria in its rules for roleplay. WoE is meant to stay more within the plot and drama of the show (disregarding villains). Everyone's meant to play nice and not have backstories that are too drastic or tragic, etc.

Canterlot Chronicles, however, has a little more leeway in that people can rp many more species that you can't in WoE, like Changelings (loyalists to the Hive, or separatists, which I think are defectors/loners) adult dragons, and hippogriffs. It should have a list of the rules and species allowed in each one.

For example, I have a Changeling character named Shapeless Shifter who has a pony guise called Nopony Special. I could apply for him as Shapeless Shifter in CC, but in WoE, he would have to be a normal pony and I could only apply for him as Nopony Special if I wanted to play him there. For this reason, many people have an application for their character in each (like maybe giving them extra combat skills in CC's app that they didn't need/have in their WoE app). If you have a character approved in WoE, though, because their limitations are the most strict, you're welcome to just play them as they are in CC without making a new app.

The Gathering is where characters from both CC and WoE are approved to play as long as they have approved profiles in their respective forums.

Free-For-All is pretty much a place where anything goes (including characters like alicorns) and you don't have to get a character profile approved to play. These are not allowed anywhere else, however, including the Gathering.

Basically what Kitomyx said.

WoE is a RP area that is designed to adhere more to the childish "feel-good"ness of the show, and involves more Slice-Of-Life RP ideas and characters. If you wanted your character to go spend the day having fun at an amusement park, this would probably be the area to RP that in. Everything that happens here is considered "canon" to the forum.

CC is also considered canon, but like Kitomyx said, CC has more leeway in what is acceptable in terms of characters and RP ideas. If you wanted your character to go on a dangerous trek to fight a dastardly dragon, this would probably be the place to RP that out. CC allows you to have more adventure, action-packed typed RPs.

So both areas are part of the 'main' RP, but one is stricter in what is acceptable than the other. Basically, it just depends on what sort of character or RP you want to create, that'll help you decide where to make an application or thread for them.

(By the by, mind me asking who the artist of your profile avatar is? Kind of looks like sakimichan's work).

Thanks for answering my question, both of you! I really appreciate it! ^_^ :)

(My avatar? I think it's a fan-made icon of Ahri's popstar skin. Icons in the LoL game are always the classic skin, even if you are using a skin, which is weird. ^_^')

Archived