Snowfall and Pathfinder in The Greatest Adventure Part One: Marriage at the Grand Celestial! (Open- OOC signup)

SteelEagle

When Celestia appeared to address the wedding guests, Crystal swallowed her anger and let the conversation with her sympathetic friend die. As utterly against the proceedings as she was, she was not the type to raise a fuss in front of the guests, many of whom she had personally invited. She would sit and watch and just hope against all hope that that embarrassment of a pegasus did nothing to ruin the ceremony.

GIlda, meanwhile, as the princess began to speak, expressed some bitterness. She wasn't done greeting Pathfinder yet. Of all the things in her head she'd been replaying across the past several weeks, since she had got the invitation, only about ten percent of them had actually left her beak. The day wasn't about her though, and there would be time after the ceremony, she supposed. All the same, she left her friend's side feeling kind of awkward about it all.

As for Snowfall, the pegasus found herself somewhat stressed trying to keep up with all her guests. She wanted to speak to everyone, thank them for coming out and try and get to know those she didn't already know, but there just wasn't time or a means to keep up with it all.

When Celestia went to start the ceremony, she thought there would be relief for it, just to have things move forward in an organized way. Instead, as the crowds parted, she she instead felt a deep anxious pang at suddenly being alone, facing such a momentous event in her life. She stared ahead vacantly, dreamily, wondering if it was all real, wondering if she should be there, wondering if this was right. Was there perhaps something to the things her mother said? Was she just being a rebel? Was she ready for this?

As she stood alone there waiting, the thoughts just piled up in her mind to a maddening point, and though she tried her best to silence them, it proved hopeless. She started to breathe heavily. A small part of her considered bolting just from the pressure, but she didn't. She stood in her place, waiting, trembling.

And then came her musical cue. She gasped and then she stumbled ahead, finding it awkward at first to convince herself to move ahead. She very nearly tripped upon her violet gown as she reached the door to the hall. When she proceeded out in front of everyone, however, she was able to move more steadily ahead. She focused on Celestia, moving up toward where she was, and in time the gap had vanished.

She turned slowly then and she saw her. As her eyes glanced up across Pathfinder in her beautiful white dress, a wave of emotion swept over her quieting all of the screaming anxieties. She smiled as her eyes met with her bride's. At once she was as sure as she had ever been sure of anything. This was what she wanted.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Not just in jars, Trixie.  I have one in my pocket, as a matter of fact!  Funny things, pockets.  One wonders how they were invented.  I mean, if I just - wait, what?  Old flame?"  He scratched at his head.  "The whole point is that these are flameless fireworks.  There aren't any old flames.  unless you mean..."  

It sunk in just what she meant.  Pathfinder.  She was talking about that obsessive fangirl.  Whooves stopped mid-aisle, staring at Trixie with his jaw dropped, a faint strangling noise coming from deep in his throat.  For once, he was left speechless.  He didn't even know how to express the depth of that horror.

This whole ceremony suddenly took on a wonderful new meaning for Whooves.  Instead of just an obligation to Trixie, it meant that Pathfinder was officially married.  He wouldn't have to worry about yet another random crush on him.  And with any luck ... perhaps she would be staying home a lot more often, preventing her from ruining the storage places of all those dangerous ancient artifacts!

"My goodness, you're right!  This could be the best news I've heard in ages!"  He gave a skip to his step as he hurried up to the front to sit down next to Trixie, the biggest of grins on his face.

Archived