The Empress Has Job Openings... Oh, and Needs Friends

Hmmmmm, how would Rune Writer come to become personally acquainted with Yù Yuè? Judging by what I read in his app, it seems highly unlikely that our characters would cross paths. It doesn't help that they're separated by a wide ocean and a significant age gap.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's Long Pearls that Rune/Scribe are after, their efforts will be better spent making the Climb of Pilgrimage to Longri-La (ie. the actual source of pearls) and meeting with someone like Àilóng.

• 3 months later...
In other other news, healer/medic/physician for all your Imperial needs!

I smell incoming ships >.>

• 1 month later...

While I do have a drop-down roster of apped positions at the bottom of my OP, the truth is a little more complicated:

• Chancellor - Closed.
  • War Adviser - Technically closed, but apped character has never been used nor am I in touch with their player at all. Consider this position Open.
  • Revenue Adviser- Open.
  • Spiritual Adviser - Technically open, but MudBug has already drawn a potential concept to fill this role, so they get first dibs. Consider this position Closed until further notice.
  • High Censor - Closed for now, but their player has been largely inactive lately nor am I in touch with them at all. My current recommendation is to create a new job title which effectively has the same authority as the High Censor. Assuming that the current High Censor remains AWOL after a few months' time, I'll just then have the other character officially promoted into the slot.

Other random positions that could be filled: elder step-siblings, dowager empress (Empress Yuè's stepmother)..... and a whole lot more! Lots of Long Sun live and/or work in the Imperial Palace, you know! :P

@Bellosh

I considered the High Censor, though given the demands of such a position when connected to the Imperial Guard and in learning about how little freedom there might be in roleplaying such a character, I am not so sure. Avoiding attachments of any kind, no friends, no family, or lovers, and a mental conditioning so that they venerate the Emperor above all other. Yet perhaps such demands are relaxed a bit on becoming the High Censor? Then the generally consideration of issuing morally questionable orders,

Of any case while I am certain that I could create such a character there is uncertainty of if I might enjoy it as the concept goes against my two favorite paths when playing a character:

On the one hoof, you have characters like my OC Mythos Gray who may say or do morally questionable things and may form few lasting relationships with others, yet prefers his freedom and in having some fun. The charmer and trickster who very well may have lovers or form close attachments even if they may not last or go anywhere.

Then you have characters like my OC Golden Dawn. Honorable, loyal, dedicated to their cause or in who they serve. Ones who walks a narrow path and serves the needs or demands required of him, yet one to bulk in issuing morally questionable orders if told to do so by his superior or the ruler he serves with devotion.

These are characters which I enjoy who form a recurring themes even if I may creating a variety of different characters. Still, it is not like that is my only choice since you have provided others.

--------------------------------------------------------

Honestly though, I'm tempted with creating an older half/step-sibling, one who may desire the throne for himself yet is denied such because of some fatal flaw that made their father reject them... yet perhaps still having a more positive relationship their younger sister, even offering defense or protection from those who may do her harm? Their upset being towards their father, not placing the blame on their sister so much, and perhaps standing as a contrast to those half/step-siblings who "REALLY want to become the next ruler... no matter what it takes."

If you are okay with such, and give the go ahead, I think that is the path which I will take. Otherwise, I can consider others. Such as the War Adviser for example, or the Revenue Adviser despite that role not sounding as exciting.

And I'm back!

High Censor: Those demands could be relaxed in the case of High Censors who first served elsewhere in the imperial government before being appointed head of the Watch. I like to think selecting someone outside the Watch is a rare occurrence though, and only done for very good reasons. More common are those who've risen through the ranks; they would still face the restrictions you've mentioned.

Elder Step-Sibling: I'd be down on that concept. *nods*

-------

PS: never underestimate the havoc a nefarious schemer can wreck if they get their hooves on the Imperial Treasury. :P

@Bellosh

Thanks, I think I will go with the Elder Step-Sibling since I have your permission.

Updated: I have just finished up Aegis Ura, as the Ambassador of Neightpon, and waiting for her to be approved. This leaving me free to work on the other character application and get things going for that. My apologies for the wait, I should be able to get it put together in the next couple of days.

@Bellosh

Here is a link to Jiang Fēngbào, and through such the Empress' step brother is available to join a roleplay if you have any in mind.

Perhaps with Yuè or with others in Huangjing, perhaps even without if you have a few ideas where he might fit. Though perhaps the quiet sort, perhaps even a bit of a loner, the stallion would be a friendly enough sort and not with so much the arrogance or misbehavior of other nobles. Generally one to try and stay out of trouble though this doesn't mean trouble can't find him.

All in all, for whoever might be interest in having their character roleplay with him, I am up for ideas. Chuckles

Archived