New in Town [Open]

BlindJester

The sky was a beautiful with it's pastel pinks, dark purples, and vibrant orange all cast by the rising sun. A pink mare lay relaxed half submerged in a river that was very close to ponyville and she sighed happily enjoying the feel of rushing water on her lower half. It was rare when Candy Shimmer was allowed to just enjoy herself and the nature around her. Trying to become a popular or just a known singer was hard work and rarely gave her time to herself or even with others. She sighed once more at that thought, she's been in ponyville for a little over a month now and hasn't made a single friend. Tracing circles in the dirt with her hoof she wondered what she could do today to change that she could go to the local shops and chat with ponies there, but she doubted anypony would talk to her while they were busy shopping. She pondered more and more the best way to make a friend and came up with nothing that stuck out to her as a good idea. Rolling onto her side she sighed again and decided the best way to go out and make friends is to do just that go out and do it. By the time she decided what she'd do it was already a little before noon. She partially dragged and partially levitated her lower half to her wheelchair that an inventor made for her in Melodia before she left for ponyville.

Ah Melodia she thought to herself as she trotted as best she could towards the center of town to decide her next move. Melodia was a lovely city with ponies and creatures alike. It was very nice and all but Candy felt like she had needed a change and heard the wonderful things about ponyville and just had to have a second home in it. She was closing in fast on the center town and felt herself begin to panic slightly, what will she do? Just stand in the middle of ponies and hope somepony will talk to her? No she'll have to be assertive and friendly. Open with the townsponies of Ponyville, so in her head she practiced what she would say. Hi! I'm Candy Shimmer and I'm a new here, would you like to be friends? She repeated this over and over in her head until she made it to the heart of the town, then the words escaped her. What will she do now? No pony would want to make friends with her! She was an oddball in a town full of ponies. Whatever was she thinking moving to a place so different from her home town. While all this was going through her mind she was just standing in the middle of the town eyes darting back and forth wondering what to do. Will somepony be her new friend?

Pyro was strolling through Ponyville, humming to himself as he went and smiling. He loved visiting this town, he hoped to live here once he became a guard. For now though, he was 

content with visiting from time to time. 

Seemed this time would be a bit more interesting than usual though, as he spotted the mare in the wheelchair. He wasn't really sure what she was, but he could tell she was a girl. 

"Hey! Who are you? I don't think I've seen you before. I'm Pyro Blaze, by the way." He said, smiling at the mare as he approached. 

A older colt came up to Candy and introduced himself, this put her into less of a panic as she focused her slit eyes on him. "Oh. . . hello there. My name is Candy Shimmer and it's a pleasure to meet you Pyro Blaze. As for not seeing me around before that's rather normal as I just moved here into ponyville a little under a month ago." She gave the colt what she thought was a friendly smile but only revealed her sharp shark like teeth. "I hope I don't scare him off . . ." she thought to herself. She examined the colt thoroughly he was taller than most his age she could see that much. She walked around him for a moment inspecting him almost. "Is this pony real?" She thought since she's never been approached before. Usually ponies are in such a rush to do their chores around here that they don't pay attention to her. Either way she was happy for the attention. "You don't seem like you live around here yourself, where are you from? Better yet why not tell me a bit about yourself?"

That's what ponies do in order to be friends right? Tell each other things about them? Curses why was she so bad at making friends! How would she become a singer with friendship skills like these, well she plans on fixing that with this colt and hopefully she just made her first friend.

Pyro smiled back, chuckling a bit as the mare responded. That explained it then. He watched as she circled him and looked him over. 

"Me? I'm from Canterlot. I go to Celestia's school to get better at my magic before I join the guard and hopefully move down here. In the meantime I'm doing pyrotechnics." The unicorn responded, his horn lighting to remove his sunglasses and reveal his red eyes. "What about you?"

Archived